PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know...

Ant_Knee
09-13-2005, 12:41 PM
about GreenPro Services?

http://www.greenproservices.com/Sprayers/trident.htm

I'm in the process of getting licensed and hitting the market in 2006, spent the last year doing some planning and wanted to know others opinions on greenpro services. Initially I planned to use lesco sprayers on a flatbed or landscaper bed on a dedicated truck but wanted to look at my options for having a lawn/tree/shrub truck.

I started lawn maintenance this past year and currently have 2 maintenance crews servicing 175 clients and growing fast.

Thanks for any assistance.

kcchiefs58
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I love my spray rigs but I went through a company called Tuflex in Florida. The first sprayer i bought was a lesco but after i new what i was doing i had to modify their work and make it work for me. Such as they used to put the hose and reel on the back of the tank so it wasn't on the side of the truck that so when you pulled up to a home it should be facing the home not the rear of the truck. Doesn't sound like much but when you are reeling the hose up and out 25 to 30 homes a day it makes a big difference. So it is the little things.

Ant_Knee
09-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I found this as another option:

http://www.grahamlawnequipment.net/products.html

Looks like they use the tuflex fiberglass tanks.

TOMMY1115
09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I love my spray rigs but I went through a company called Tuflex in Florida. The first sprayer i bought was a lesco but after i new what i was doing i had to modify their work and make it work for me. Such as they used to put the hose and reel on the back of the tank so it wasn't on the side of the truck that so when you pulled up to a home it should be facing the home not the rear of the truck. Doesn't sound like much but when you are reeling the hose up and out 25 to 30 homes a day it makes a big difference. So it is the little things.

There are bars that come with the sprayer that will allow you to turn the reel so that it pulls from the curb side.

GreenUtah
09-14-2005, 05:34 PM
There are bars that come with the sprayer that will allow you to turn the reel so that it pulls from the curb side.

True enough, but anyone who has ever tried to roll a hose on an electric reel from the side and have it go on nice and flat will tell you a curb facing mount is far superior for daily use. The LESCO skids with everything to one side are a vast improvement and are their take on Gregson Clark sprayers. Westheffer also has an entire line of sprayers as likely does an entire slew of ag providers. Look around and try to match what you will be doing with them, where and what they are mounted to and how far you need them to go, then you'll know what you need.

Ant_Knee
09-14-2005, 11:42 PM
thanks for the info. I have looked at the Westheffer website before and didn't get anything from it. It looks to be under construction but doesn't give me any information on rigs that they might offer.

We haven't decided on the type of truck we want use. Something that will allow us to fully dedicate the truck to lawn/tree/shrub care. We plan to chip away at the big boy competition and are not just offering this service to our already existing client base and growing clients.

We are in the process of forming another company just for the lawn/tree/shrub care. Since we are a new maintenance company without major brand recognition and can afford to market the company's seperate we decided to do such to shotgun our growth of the lawn/tree/shrub company in 2006.