PDA

View Full Version : Tried something a bit different today...

grasswhacker
09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Did a couple of lawns that needed overseeding due to the dry summer that killed alot of the grass. My original plan was to just aerate and overseed, but I decided to put my Redmax 8000 to work and used it on the lawns to stir up the matted dead grass and loosen up alot of it. This process didn't take very long but created a nice seed bed. I then areated as planned and overseeded. I think I'll like the results, and yes i charged accordingly bobby. lol payup
Has anybody tried this before?

grasswhacker
09-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Please change the thread to Maintanence and renovation. My mistake.

rodfather
09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Great idea. I bet a WB leaf blower would have really done a nice job too prepping.

grasswhacker
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Great idea. I bet a WB leaf blower would have really done a nice job too prepping.

Probably, but don't own one of those. The nice thing about the BP is that sometimes the grass was matted in different directions so it made it easier being able to use it in a multi-directional way.

ITL
09-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Grasswhacker

After using the blower what method did you use to overseed ie brodcast (did you have to rake in or cover), slitseed or another method?

Thanks

grasswhacker
09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Grasswhacker

After using the blower what method did you use to overseed ie brodcast (did you have to rake in or cover), slitseed or another method?

Thanks

I aerated then broadcast the seed with a spreader without needing to rake it in or cover. Instructed the homeowner to lightly water the lawn twice a day for 2 weeks.

Premo Services
09-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I have a eb7001 and a eb7000 and have been doing this at a lot of jobs to remove the dead, matted, thatch. Man the red max does a great job.
I have had a lot of requests for us to rake the dead matted stuff out( there is no way they will pay me what I would want to rake in the heat and humidity we have had), but have used my trusty red max blowers and have had no complaints about the jobs. The charges are per hour for these services

grasswhacker
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it's that raking I wanted to avoid. lol Besides they would faint at what I would charge for doing it that way.