PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer!!!

Gatewayuser
09-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I have a customer that wants a flagstone walk and patio put in and this would be my first job doing that part of hard scape, so heres a few ?s. I know I need a 6in base but what should it be? Also what should the gaps be filled with and much of a gap should I leave between the stones? And how far does a ton go far and wide? Thanks in advance!!!

bigviclbi
09-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Try a search.

The C Man
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Try posting a more descriptive subject line to your threads in the future instead of generic stuff like "please answer!"

arnoldoutdoor
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
your base should be a finely crushed limestone, basically the consistency of course sand, around here it's referred to as "diamond dust" for some reason. If you have a menards near you, they carry the same thing by the bag and call it "paver base", but you should buy it in bulk at a landscape supply yard if at all possible. the space between pavers is at the discretion of the customer and yourself. if the customer would like grass between the stones, which is a pretty cool look if done right, then leave more space between stones and fill the spaces in between with topsoil. otherwise fill in between with your "paver base". Bottom line, you've got to find yourself a good landscape supply yard, and they can tell you exactly how far that stuff should go.