PDA

View Full Version : weeds in flower beds.....

Lisk
09-14-2005, 01:45 PM
whats the best product to use for weeds in the flower beds??? Pre-emerg & Post-emerg.....typically, now when your ready to mulch.....bedsides picking by hand, usually all weeds grow back. thanks....

lilmarvin4064
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Snapshot for pre-em, Fusilade or Acclaim for grassy post-em and Lontrel (limited uses) for broadleaf post-em. Be sure to read all the labels.

GrazerZ
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Snapshot! It will dramatically reduce your weeding.

Lisk
09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
thanks....also how effective is "preen"?.....i know usually granuals aren't the best for broadleaf but does "preen" work effectively on pre-emer broadleaf, grasses and post emer broadleaf and grasses?? thanks....

kcchiefs58
09-15-2005, 06:30 PM
preen is a pre emergent and i think has the same active ingredient as snapshot. anyways both are good products to use.

Neal Wolbert
09-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Barricade and Gallery in your backpack will out perform Snapshot and Preen for less money with no staining or granules to sweep up. These are pre-emergence only and safe over the top on everything except tulips. Neal

GrazerZ
09-16-2005, 12:25 AM
I personally like the fact that snapshot is granular. Its very easy to use and handle. I have gotten excellent results with it. Granted it is a bit pricey. But if you are the one doing the weeding, its worth every penny, and it saves tons of labor=money in your pocket or in the pockets of those that service the account.(easy selling point) If you are trying to save, try treflan at Lesco, it is the main AI in snapshot, I have used it in the past with decent results.Snapshot has something else in it for broader control,don't remember right now. Preen does have the same AI but at a much lower % if I recall correctly. We use either the little weird dry granual spreder that lesco sells or one of those scotts hand held ones to apply. I personally would be treating beds for quit a while with a backpack if I used liquid.

sildoc
09-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Surflan. We use the higher concentration and get a good 6-9 months, pending wether we get alot of rain or not.
I wish I could get my hands on some barricade but it is hard to come by in my area. Surflan runs about 42 bucks a court.

DonaldDay
04-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Snap shot is a great product --- can be used around practically every thing.

Also import with Snapshot -- is it can be use with in Pachysandra beds.

Casoron
A great product -- is a Pre-and Post emergent. Must be careful not to allow to drift onto lawn areas.

This product will control the most difficult areas.

foreplease
04-08-2009, 05:46 AM
...also how effective is "preen"?...but does "preen" work effectively on ...post emer broadleaf and grasses??...

As Neal said, Preen is a pre-emergent only and will do nothing to control existing grassy or broadleaf weeds. It is crazy expensive too.