PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Enclosed Trailer for Hardscaping

mbella
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
A few months ago, I bought a 16' enclosed trailer. I bought it specifically for hardscaping, nothing else. I swore we would organize it from day one and not let it look like the inside of one of Chris' (AKA-CGLAND) trailers. Well, on day one, we were too busy. We've been too busy ever since. Now, it looks like I dumped all of our hardscape tools in a pile and pushed them into the trailer with the skidsteer.

I'm curious if anybody has pics or tips on how they organized a trailer for hardscaping. We have ideas, but I am interested in what you guys have to say.

kris
09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Damn Mike, this is exactly what we want to do ...great thread I hope it gets lots of replies.

What do you keep in it?

my thoughts:
plate tamper
cut off saw
screed pipes
guillotine
supply of snap edge
blades
glue
spikes
of course all the hand tools
we would also really like a toilet ...right now we are paying 125 a month for each porta potti plus 25 a move.
Im sure I am missing a few things... these are just off the top of my head.

mbella
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Kris, we have the same as above and the following:

bags of polymer
separation fabric
table saw
4-aluminum screed rails (12',10',8' and 4')
usually a few bags of portland cement
probably some things I forgot

Oh yeah, one thing I want to do for sure is mount the water jug rack on the inside of the side door.

StillScapes
09-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Have any of you guys seen the inside of the EP Henry trailer? They had it at the trade show

mbella
09-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Have any of you guys seen the inside of the EP Henry trailer? They had it at the trade show

Yeah, I saw it, but can't remember how it was organized. I do remember that it was way too clean.

Squizzy246B
09-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Now, it looks like I dumped all of our hardscape tools in a pile and pushed them into the trailer with the skidsteer.

I can't see what your problem is...isn't that the way its supposed to be??? :rolleyes:

chesie
09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Well we got a 8 x 16 last October and this is how we organized it, it's not perfect but getting there. Sorry no pics-

We have shelves down both sides inside from floor to ceiling with enough room left on the back on each side for table saw on one side and plate compactor on the other for easy access. The very tops of the shelving are set up for screed rails, screed boards, and conduits. We have bins created on the shelving for every 4" , 1 1/2, 2" drain fittings and all conduit fittings possible. Cabinet doors for electric/ battery tools. Bins for hand tools organized by type (chisels, hammers, etc). Under the shelving space is left on the floor for cutoff saw, and buckets that hold pins, often used hand tools etc. Front of the trailer has a small work bench for for this and that. And we have tool racks built for all long handled tools. The rest of the remaining wall space is used to hang caulk guns, marking flags, paint guns, diamond blades, first aid kit,, etc.

We built the shelves far enough apart to allow us to put our mini skid inside at all times.

I hope that helps. I view it as a working progress that we make changes to on rain days.

mbella
09-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Chesie, that's the same size I bought. It sounds like you guys are utilizing the space well. Are you able to take a pic?

chesie
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I will see what i can do. I may have to clean it first..LOL I swear an enclosed trailer is the hardest piece of equip we have to keep clean.

Guthrie&Co
09-15-2005, 10:51 PM
check out pit pal products. although they have alot of things geard for the racer, some of it can be used in our industry as well.

cgland
09-15-2005, 11:44 PM
I resemble that remark Mike! :p Truth is....your question is an unanswerable one! You can't keep a 16' hardscape trailer organized, because you can't fit everything in it.....j/k. One thing I am going to do is mount some 4" sch. 20 pvc to the sides to keep screed rails, conduit, and screed boards in. Any other suggestions from all the hardscape pros out there....LPG?

Chris