PDA

View Full Version : Mazda B2200 trucks "cheap"

Varsity L&G
09-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Anyone use these?

I have the option to buy 2 of these for 500$ each. One extended cab one reg cab, both 2 wheel drive, manual trans. These are low mileage trucks that run and look pretty good.

Thought of maybe putting a flatbed on the reg cab and using it to haul the 44 toro and the push.

Think this would work out?

Know of a place that makes flat beds for mini trucks?

If I buy them both I paint them both matching colors.

I mean right now I don't even have a truck so this would be great.

Lawn Masters
09-15-2005, 02:04 AM
What I'd do, is use a trailer, and keep the bed on the truck if its in decent shape. you may need it for something later on and it wont be there. nice to have it when you need it.

Varsity L&G
09-15-2005, 02:10 AM
One of them has a really nice bed the other, the reg cab has some rust over one of the bed fenders that will have to be repaired. There is a big piece missing. Other then that it is a pretty good truck. That is the only visible rust on it.

The reg cab I was planning on using for a mowing truck, the other for jobs like leaves, small mulch jobs and such. Would be kinda nice to load the mowers on the truck pull it in the shop leave the next morning for the reg job with out a trailer and then leave from there and head out to mowing with out ever having to load or unload a trailer or even having to come home, all while getting good gas mileage.

Ironmower
09-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a plan, just make sure they are in good mechanical shape, i.e. springs/shocks, brakes, etc.

All_Clear
09-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Those trucks run forever, had i buddy that drove one all through high school (he seriously beat it) Its still running today, new owner drives it everyday. Great gas mileage too. Sounds like a good deal!

All_Clear

jblawns123
09-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Niice trucks, run forever, good mileage.... Well known for frame rot between the cab and bed. LOOK CLOSELY!!

Varsity L&G
09-15-2005, 05:03 PM
They are a 91 reg cab and a 93 ext cab.

Yea, I have done some research online and found them to be good long running trucks.

I think these will make perfect light duty mowing and landscaping trucks.

Get them home and start sanding on them, shoot a coat of paint and I will be styling come spring time!

lawncare3
09-19-2005, 02:43 AM
I had a 2600 and if you can find those both $500 each take em NOW heel you could get $1200 on resale. Mine was a 4wd pulled ok but was really tired. I used my neighbors 2wd for 5-6 mos after my ford broke down and it pullede better then mine

Dirty Water
09-19-2005, 10:53 AM
The 2200 came with the Mazda F2 engine in it, that thing is a beast, I ran one to 240k without any repairs.

The 2600 came with a mitsubishi engine, and it doesn't have near the reliability.

Both are gutless engines, but a few buddies of mine have managed to get 200-400 hp out of those trucks with some forced induction setups after swapping the engines out for the 16v japanese only version.