PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys! Is buying a hydroseeder worth it? I will be buying an enclosed trailer this fall for mowing and an equipment trailer in the spring for the skid steer I'm buying. Now I will have my 16ft trailer that Id like to keep and my question that am I posing is: Is a 300-500 gallon Hydroseeder worth it? I know I could find one for some cheap money ($3000 or so) around here and didnt know if I should even look into it with a tank that size.
It would be a skid mount so If needed, I could just lift it off the trailer with the skid steer no problem. I already have two trucks and am getting a third within a few mounts (1 ton dump...thanks for helping me decided guys!) so I will not have a problem sending out a crew or 2 and being able to send out maybe my dad to seed. Is it that tough to do? Is it worth adding to my list of services? I also install lawns so Id think it would be worth it?
Let me know everyones opinion if you own on or not.
Thanks
James

SodKing
09-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Call my brother, he does Hydroseeding in the Amherst area. His name is Kurt I can give you his # if you PM me.

Get the 500 gallon as the 300 gallon is far too small. If you can keep it busy then yes it is worth it.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Anyone else?

landcare pa
09-15-2005, 09:36 PM
i have a 600 gallon easy lawn for sale mounted on a trailer with a hose real 4 years old for $5000 dollar excellent shape !!! theres good $$$$$ in seeding if you know what you are doing !!

SodKing
09-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Your welcome...

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-15-2005, 11:28 PM
HAHA, you rule Sodking, Im looking for something closer to me, if I was closer Id take a look.
Thanks
James