PDA

View Full Version : I have an Idea

neversatisfiedj
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
How about we start up a new forum with excess supplies and fill dirt ? I have nowhere to keep this stuff and I'm sure other contractors are in my position also. What do you think moderators ? Give it a shot.

Itsgottobegreen
09-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Well I am down here in Mt. airy and have the same problem. Lucky me I can dump extra stuff at 3 buddy's places. They either used it or let me store it until I can used it (mostly the fill dirt)

What are you trying to get rid of?

kris
09-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Truth is ... a good dump spot is priceless and is the location is one thing I would never share with competitors.

neversatisfiedj
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
I always have something or other to get rid of. I have a S&^* load of versa-lok blocks in my garage now that my wife is not happy about. I have soil to get rid of after excavation today.

UNISCAPER
09-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Do like we do. Find a fill site you pay for and charge your customer. Take the Versalok to a concrete recycler and grind them up if you don't have an immediate space for them. If you did it right they were paid for from the job your used them on right? So, whats the beef? I know I had similar thoughts myself, our yard is completely out of room, and property only worth $50K is selling for 1mm. If we do not have an immediate reuse for excess products, they get tossed.

So, we dump alot of things we could reuse, but that's life. It's alot easier dumping and having the cost built into the job than stressing over where to take crap, becausebasically, thats what it is if you can't use it.