PDA

View Full Version : Off Season

Canon Landscaping
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I own a small supply yard and this is my first year in business. I was wondering if you shut down during the winter or if you sold other products. I am trying to decide what to do for the winter.

Imulchmore
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
We sell Christmas Trees, Rock Salt bagged and bulk, and Firewood and we also snow plow. Pretty much after Christmas until about the last week of march the only time we open is if we have fire wood to deliver or there is a winter storm event.

WFMJenny
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
We sell no christmas trees,and no salt. We do sell firewood, but as soon as we are out of our first load we are done with the wood for the year. We stay open all year long. Winter is dead except for the ocassional mason contractor.

Guthrie&Co
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I own a small supply yard and this is my first year in business. I was wondering if you shut down during the winter or if you sold other products. I am trying to decide what to do for the winter.
sell trees!

Metro Lawn
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
We sell anything seasonal. Pumpkins, fire wood, salt, plows, ect.

Dano50
09-05-2007, 05:51 PM
If I were you I'd sell Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) during the offseason. Since it won't freeze, it makes an excellent snow release agent and ice inhibitor. Check plowsite (http://www.plowsite.com) for rave reviews during winter use.

I'm not just saying this because I'm the sponsor and we're always looking for distribution and if you'd like we could talk about doing some business and I could send you some information on why Fluid Film is the best product for snow blowers, plows, snowmobiles, snow shovels, etc..., and why a supply yard could make money selling Fluid Film because it's not in the big box stores or anything like that.

Really. :)

Sunrise 154
09-21-2007, 12:33 PM
if you would like please send me some info...can you PM me for my email?

Dano50
09-21-2007, 12:46 PM
if you would like please send me some info...can you PM me for my email?

Absolutely.