PDA

View Full Version : uflexx

kcchiefs58
09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Has anyone tried a product called uflexx. It is a stablized urea and was wondering what your mixture was, rate applied and if it was any good. I have a chemical rep trying to get me to use this instead of a slow release nitrogen in the summer time, my concern was burning in the heat, anyone having used it?

LonniesLawns
09-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I use a 21-3-7 mix that is uflexx and organic made by Naturesafe.

No problems this summer spread 1#n /1000 -- Full 8 weeks of release

fertit
09-21-2005, 12:02 PM
If it rains or customer irrigates, uflexx is no different than 46-0-0 urea. Watch out for 'torching' on the turf tips as well with uflexx. Stick with Slow-release- too many ??? around uflexx

Mscotrid
09-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Uflexx & Umaxx are nitrogen inhibitors. great if your a farmer and tilling into the soil but no better than urea for turf applicators. Fast breakdown when exposed to UV. Contray to what you might hear, ask for independent university data or lab data. It's not new technology but it raises it's head every now and than.

If your melting it into a liquid spray you dilute the caoting into solution and it will become inactive for what you bought it for. Now I know I'll get a rise out of Uflexx and Umaxx user, but if your happy with it use. Your long term feed is on a sales brouchure not in the turf.

JMO

LonniesLawns
09-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I've heard that -- but that has not been my expereince. I put down 21-3-7 with 50% uflexx at 7# per thousand and get god response for 8 - 10 weeks.

spray guy
09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Or you can purchase agrotain or super n and add to your urea and custom blend your own material. I have been impressed with the results over the years useing their products and will continue to do so.

GrazerZ
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok here goes again about my experience with uflex. I use to use it about three years ago. I tried it for my 2nd and third rounds in our regular program,or summer/ fall. My biggest problem was that it didn't last, I NEVER saw 8 weeks out of it. by week7 I did see read thread though :rolleyes:
Also it flushes top growth, which goes with the fact that it played out quick. And finally, it absorbs atmopheric moisture like no tomarrow, so major clumping was a problem. We hated to use it because we always felt slimmy and sticky from handling the bags. Granted, the price was nice, but how does that old saying go: get what you pay for, not even that much with Uflex.

Pilgrims' Pride
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I've heard that -- but that has not been my expereince. I put down 21-3-7 with 50% uflexx at 7# per thousand and get god response for 8 - 10 weeks.

Does that mean you applied nearly 1.5 lbs of N per thousand?

Does that seem a bit steep?

LonniesLawns
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes --1.5 #N as a september application on cool season lawns..