PDA

View Full Version : Best Looking Mower?

MOturkey
09-18-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, it is still too wet to mow, so I'm thinking of all these things to post.

Putting aside all prejudices regarding past or present performance, experience, etc., which ZTR do you think is, simply, the best looking?

I own a Gravely, but even if I didn't, I think they would get my vote. I think the engine cowling is cool looking, giving a rakish touch to the design, and I love the red color with the black (hotter than hell) seats. When mine is shined up, with a bit of tire black and Armor-all on the black tanks and seat, it is one sharp looking mower.

I think Dixie Choppers are too utilitarian looking. Grasshoppers are apparently good mowers, I know a couple of people around here who run them, but whoever came up with that color choice???? Skag, in my opinion, runs a close second as far as ugly color. I haven't seen a newer Exmark, because no one locally runs them, that I'm aware of, so I can't say about them.

Again, before I hear about it. This has nothing whatsoever to do with performance, only aesthetics.

topsites
09-18-2005, 01:54 PM
A new one is always the best-looking mower, LOL

I'm a bit on your side with the Dixie Chopper, too industrial... I think Toro with the red is always a hot one and of course, so is Exmark.

Dunno much about the rest, thou I have heard say as ugly as the Dixie is, it is one of the best (and also expensive).

Envy Lawn Service
09-18-2005, 01:55 PM
My wife and I had this conversation a good while back when she went mower shopping with me. She brought it up and we ended up agreeing on the Gravely 260Z also.

But now the Lazer Z also runs neck to neck with the 260Z.
I believe the new Super Z's are going to be sharp also.

Dixie Chopper and Grasshopper get the award for uglyiest.

splatz100
09-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

-Dixie(just seeing those turf boss tires and all that silver makes it look awesome)
-Super Z
-Liquid Cooled Exmark(cool cowling)
-260Z and the outfront PM320(will be my next purchase,so much mower for the money)

South Florida Lawns
09-18-2005, 03:27 PM
and their overall toughness look. But so far John Deere makes a great looking mower with the back end finished off, they paint it green and not black like every other mower. I also love my Toro z-masters with their no nonsense commercial look.

all ferris
09-18-2005, 04:52 PM
This is a good lookin mower

Envy Lawn Service
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh, I forgot about Ferris.... The IS4500 is way-sharp looking.
Better looking than the above pictured Ferris by far.

jtkplc
09-18-2005, 06:24 PM
i would have to go with gravely also. exmark and toro's are in second. also, i think the 52" standers looks sweet.

Brianslawn
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
one of these days ill make one... a walker with suspension.

nobagger
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

-Dixie(just seeing those turf boss tires and all that silver makes it look awesome)
-Super Z
-Liquid Cooled Exmark(cool cowling)
-260Z and the outfront PM320(will be my next purchase,so much mower for the money)
I think if they changed the tires to a turf tire it would look more appealing to the eye. But the stainless steel has my vote. Grasshopper's have to be the ugliest mower ive ever seen

Tonyr
09-18-2005, 07:47 PM
I reckon Ferris makes the 'best looking' mowers, but I gotta admit with extreme bias lol, that Shrek, pictured below is pretty cool!

(Except for that over tall ugly ROPS of course!)

The pic does it no justice, up close these are awesome looking things. :cool2:

Lazer_Z
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I reckon Ferris makes the 'best looking' mowers, but I gotta admit with extreme bias lol, that Shrek, pictured below is pretty cool!

(Except for that over tall ugly ROPS of course!)

The pic does it no justice, up close these are awesome looking things. :cool2:
I gotta agree w/ya tony that Deere is a sharp lookin machine and that ferris is cool lookin. I also think the eXmark Z's are some nice looking machines as well starting with the HP all the way up to the XP. I'm not crazy about the look of the DC's but if given the chance I'd probably test run one.

Rob

6'7 330
09-18-2005, 08:09 PM
It is'nt a big deal to me, how well the mower looks, just how good that beautiful green cash it generates looks lol.

Travis Followell
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh, I forgot about Ferris.... The IS4500 is way-sharp looking.
Better looking than the above pictured Ferris by far.
Yep, I agree. I also like the way the Dixie's look.

Green King
09-18-2005, 10:30 PM
My vote from what I have seen lately would have to be a Country Clipper Boss with the l/q kawasaki engine on it!

lawnprosteveo
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I have no use for one, but I've always thought the Walkers were cool looking..

mcwlandscaping
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Dixie (love the industrial look of it)
eXmark Lazer Z (like the top mount radiator with the screen on it, IMO it just looks cool on the models that it is on)
Toro
Deere
Ferris

Just my opinions guys!

Envy Lawn Service
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
My vote from what I have seen lately would have to be a Country Clipper Boss with the l/q kawasaki engine on it!

That is a nice mower.
I like the twin stick CC's.

S man
09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Scags actually stand out from the rest and look great. John deeres look good too. That red thing with all the others is getting old. And wright and great dane look awful with yellow. Just my opinion.

fcl01
09-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Scags actually stand out from the rest and look great.

i agree, i really like the scags.

tslawncarellc
09-18-2005, 11:45 PM
I have run scag for 11 years now and really like their looks, however, I will say the new exmarks and ferris mowers are pretty nice looking. Dixie what??

DynaMow
09-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I saw the Dixon line ( I know, nobody uses them). But the blue color with the paw prints is awsome looking.

Fantasy Lawns
09-19-2005, 12:10 AM
http://fantasylawns.com/XMark_ZTR_008.jpg

They Only look "good' before they cut 1 blade of grass

Fantasy Lawns
09-19-2005, 12:12 AM
http://fantasylawns.com/Walker_26_EFI.jpg

Didn't take a picture of my Dixie when she was new this spring ..... what this Walker looks like after 1600 hours (2 years) is not "pretty"

marvinlee
09-19-2005, 12:20 AM
I'll vote for the Kubota ZD series. I like the smooth, sweeping fenders that integrate with the engine hood to make a unified whole. The front end looks good because it has a plastic cover over the axle pivot area. The orange color does not, however, turn me on. A brilliant metallic blue with chrome highlights would be just dandy! Of the new ZTR designs, the John Deere 997 has a wonderfully unified appearance.

Grass Man
09-19-2005, 12:25 AM
.... I think Kubota set the trend :).

Envy Lawn Service
09-19-2005, 01:18 AM

Tell me about it.
Exmarks stay filthy.
They use the top of the deck for a grass catcher.

Sir mowsalot
09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
I think a really nice color scheme for a mower would be the tampa bay yuccaneers uniforms . The charcoal greyish and deep tone red color combo would look good on a mower.

N.H.BOY
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
see I like the black and yellow Tank's IMO they looks rough and tough. Not because I own a Cub, but they look sweet. Cant get a pic up so if anyone can put one up from the cubs web sight so others can judge, that would be great. thanks

Itsgottobegreen
09-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I am going to say kubota. But they have to get rid of that huge roll bar. Sticks out like a sore thumb. A nice compact one that is about 4" above your head and no wider than the seat would be good.

And of course you can't forget the Wright sentar. With its curved fuel tanks. Its sexy (thats what my ex-gf said)

afftandem
09-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Im goin to have to go with the wright sentars..... the yellow really stands out on them... better yellow than the greatdanes. plus, more unusual looking than the other z's... everyone around here w/ bobcats,toro,and exmarks.. they all just blend in... but mine stand out (unusual & bright yellow).. people slow down when they past me mowing just to check out the equipment... plus the wright 32" stander gets me alot of attention also... small,fast,unusual looking to most people...... alot of compliments from stander-byers.

best looking = wright sentar
cutest = 32" wright stander

afftandem
09-20-2005, 02:39 AM
although I would have to say, that the gravely 34z is a cool looking little mower also, and yes, that ferris 31hp cat is sharp too.

afftandem
09-20-2005, 02:39 AM
ugliest: grasshoppers

Itsgottobegreen
09-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Icutest = 32" wright stander
An't that the truth

afftandem
09-20-2005, 02:42 AM
....plus the sentars are smaller in frame... less bulky looking than all z's.
they look like a bullet, rather than a tractor.

Apples
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
IS 5000 with a CAT motor, or a Twin engine Dixie Chopper

Sharp Services
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I would say the best looking mower is the one that is one your trail that is paid for and making money!!

WREBELMACHINE
09-25-2005, 10:26 PM
I too would have to say the country clipper boss. A close second would be a bladerunner with the cummins engine on it very clean.

Howard Roark
09-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Despite my hatred and dissapointment from the mower, and even more so from the company, who shall remain nameless (EXMARK!!!!...ahem)

The 26 Exmark metro looks great from the side, almost like a race car. Very sleek.

It's going to look extra sleek tomorrow as I bring it to the dealer and get my money back while I purchase a couple of 21 prolines, which I should have done in the first place. Goodbye forever you total piece of crap.

Again I state:

EXMARK SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!

HK45Mark23
09-25-2005, 11:21 PM
http://www.lastec.com/images/3372photo.jpg

I think this Lastec is one of the best looking mowers. I am suprised that no one else has mentioned them. They really look great.

www.Lastec.com

Go to comercial, full articulating mower. Here is the direct link. http://www.lastec.com/products/comm/72.html

HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23
10-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Does any one else agree that the Lastec is the best looking mower?

waffletown20
10-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Nahh, I'm don't like the big TRUNK. Gravely's always look like a fast mower and I like the orange rims on the Scag. Somebody needs to take a Grasshopper mower to "Pimp My Ride". Maybe Mad Mike could put a fish tank in it or something.

John Gamba
10-01-2005, 04:43 PM
-----------------------------

John Gamba
10-01-2005, 04:45 PM

You have a point :D

Hovey's Lawn Care
10-01-2005, 07:15 PM
For all around I'd say Exmark
For October I'll say scag
Never Dixie ( I owned one ) They look like a 5 year old got a hold of crayons right after playing with their wooden blocks. They would look better if styled more after the others appearances less boxy. Their silver eagle looks pretty good.
Cub = pure ugly!

WREBELMACHINE
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Well I may have to change my opinion. I looked at a new Mega-Max 72". Great looking machine new! Wished mine still looked new.

blackandgold
10-04-2005, 01:49 AM
The ferris in your picture looks like a space ship getting ready to take off.

How about the Super Z -- gotta have a spoiler!

Mickhippy
10-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Yeah ok, Im a little biased, this is mine on the day I got it! :cool: