PDA

View Full Version : Edger

Landscape89
09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I am considering buying a power edger for my spring clean ups next season instead of doing it by hand to save time.. Any opinions on what to buy? I am looking at either a Husqvarna or Redmax at the moment but I wanted to know what you guys think?

THANKS

Fubba
09-18-2005, 06:38 PM
No Husky :nono: You can always do good with Redmax. Stihl makes a dern good edger too. If you don't have to edge a lot, then the Echo PE 200, but I wouldn't go that route. I bought mine awhile back. If I could go back, I would probably just spend another $100 to get a Stihl or bigger Echo. Just my 2 cents.

lawnmaniac883
09-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Im picking up a Stihl fs110 edger tomorrow. My 2 cents

Jason Rose
09-18-2005, 10:05 PM
If you are talking about spring edging, first time stuff, you may want to consider a walk behind edger... Stick edgers are generally better for weekly or every other week edging but not so good for cutting 6 inches of sod off the top of a sidewalk. However, I have SEEN a Sthil FS110 do just that. Problably one of the strongest "stick" edgers out there with their solid shaft (most have a flex shaft).

Still their weaknesses are in the clutch. It can slip, or burn out on any edger if you abuse it.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-19-2005, 07:06 AM
I have a Stihl and am well pleased, I havent used the Redmax or the Husky so I couldnt say anything good or bad about them. When I purchased the Stihl, The solid drive shaft and the dual wheels and the edger doesnt clog up with dirt like some others.

Perry's Lawn Service
09-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I just to put in my 2 cents, i have a homelite egder and i hate it... never go residental equipment.. ive been told the STIHL has the best out that and thats what im looking at for next season.