PDA

View Full Version : New Rear discharge machine

T-N-T
09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
New rear discharge by hustler has any body demoed one and your thoughts
I did and wow will it cut wet dry tall short and as fast as you want but only one thing It doesn't stripe too good but other then that super machine
:blob3:

South Florida Lawns
09-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I liked it but I mostly mulch.

Tonyr
09-19-2005, 12:00 AM
I demoed one a couple of months ago, nothing it can't cut!

it is a ZTR bush hog! lol.

seriously, I liked it, but I doubted it as being neat enough to do finish mowing with as most of the clippings were in the middle of the cut....noticable in long grass mostly though.

But in saying that, when it does windrow, a 2nd pass with the deck raised disperses the clippings very well.

I ended up buying the new John Deere 997, rear discharge, while not as fast in the rough, it is better at clipping dispersal, in the work type I was fitting this machine to do, in no way am I against the hustler, it is a great thang!

Honestly, until anyone has worked one of these new ZTR rear discharge mowers, they have no clue of how productive a machine can be, these, both brands are awesome!

Distorted
09-20-2005, 02:54 AM
I looked at the Hustler and was greatly impressed with its cut although it was a side discharge, and that dealer had never even heard of the rear discharge, much less seen one. That was in July. Later I happened on another dealer near me and asked the about the Hustler. He informed me that he no longer carried the Super Z Diesel because, while they had some innovative ideas, the engine fan was electric driven and the ones he sold all had to be returned because an electric component (relays, I believe he said) continuously failed, and the factory could not come up with a fix. His chief mechanic confirmed the failures.

The second dealer was also a Ferris dealer and steered me to them. Ferris has rear discharge decks as well at least in 61", but I can't remember if they offer a 72" in rear discharge in 2005.