PDA

View Full Version : ultravac -vs - QDS for lazer z xs

gumper48
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
does the qds system save that much time over the ultra vac?
i need all the space available to stuff the clippings as this is used on a mhp that covers about 10 acres. a collection system would solve a "clippings all over the place" problem that i thought the ocdc would solve.
have an area to dump the clippings so disposal would nbot be a problem.
does the ultra vac use plastic bags inserted into the hoppers and are removed that way or do the "cans" pull out of the frame to be dumped?

tia
gump

John Gamba
09-19-2005, 07:31 AM
does the qds system save that much time over the ultra vac?
do the "cans" pull out of the frame to be dumped?

tia
gump

Yes. The bags also hold more.

John

Runner
09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
The bags hold more than the QDS. Also, the QDS hstill has a few issues with the emptying when being dumped. If you are covering that much area, here's a suggestion, as well. This hold 3 times the amount of an Ultravac, and it isn't much bigger...awesome unit.
www.cyclonerake.com

Blessed 1
09-19-2005, 01:19 PM
I have the three bin bagger and I can't even fathom bagging a 10 acre place. Thank God for a bunch of Horses a mulch kit and sharp Exmark Mulching blades. Can't wait to get my XS with a mulch kit and a striping kit. :cool2:

]

John Gamba
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Can't wait to get my XS with a mulch kit and a striping kit. :cool2:

]

You will be blessed

Runner
09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Obviously not bagging the entire 10 acres, just the tight areas around parking and walks, right? I was gonna say,...10 acres...THAT ain't happenin'!

gumper48
09-19-2005, 07:48 PM
GC-
just the area around their trailers and along the streets.
this is 95% bahia and during the rainy season it really produces. it would be nice to catch the entire park but the time factor would be a real hurdle.
i could only imagine just how long between dumpings -
11 - 13 bushels is a lot when shelling peas- not much when looking at 6" bahia.
the end result being a much cleaner park -
i realize that factors vary, but how much area can you guys mow before dumping-

tia gump

Runner
09-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Yep...check out the Cyclone. Like I say, it's nearly 3 times the capacity of the UV, although it's not much bigger.

QualityLawnCare4u
09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
I have the QDS and have owned the cyclone rake :angry: also. I really like the QDS, its nice to just back up and pull a handle, dump the clippings and not have to get get my arse off the mower,set the brake, drag the cans out,,, well, you get it. I am probably the only one on here that hated the cyclone rake. I have used them all, the rake, the cans, the hopper and the dump from the seat it sooo nice! However, even with what I have cant imagine bagging 10 acres.

Itsgottobegreen
09-19-2005, 11:47 PM
I would look at one of trac vac huge tow behind vac units. One of them was designed to take 1" of grass off of 3 acres. Its huge. Plus if you just do a shallow turn. It won't jack knife. Used a smaller set up on a friend's machine.

Runner
09-20-2005, 01:28 AM
He mentioned it's not the entire 10 acres. He just needs it for some tighter areas by the sounds of it.

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 08:26 AM
I would look at one of trac vac huge tow behind vac units. One of them was designed to take 1" of grass off of 3 acres. Its huge. Plus if you just do a shallow turn. It won't jack knife. Used a smaller set up on a friend's machine.

They call it the 1060. Thats a bagger :D