PDA

View Full Version : Was I taken while buying Lesco Seed?

T.Wells
09-18-2005, 11:32 PM
I went to buy seed on Saturday at Lesco. I found the seed on-line and it was recommended by several people here and also locally. I went in and purchased 150 pounds of Teammates Plus.

In the store, they told me that the retail price was $2.35 per pound. I thought that was high as I would not have went in willing to pay that much. The price on-line was listed at $1.58 per pound and I always found the price on-line to be correct. Well, after telling me the retail price, he told me that that the price was "high" and that he would give me a break. He sold it to me for $1.85 per pound. I didn't ague about the price because I was pricing a bunch of seed on-line and was not 100% sure of the listed price and gave him the benefit doubt. Well, I came home and checked the price and it was and still is $1.58 per pound (which is not even the contractors rate).

I feel like I was taken. :angry: What do you think?

Thanks,
T.Wells

olderthandirt
09-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Talk to Bob they are a sponser of this forum. When you come on scroll down till you come to lesco link and ask him what the deal is.

SodKing
09-18-2005, 11:50 PM
If you are a one time customer, or homeowner, then the price was inline. Sounds like you are a first time purchaser there, you would not be granted the 25 ton price your first time in...

hole in one lco
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
the more you buy the more you save . Lesco keeps a tally of you purchases and you will get a better price if you purchase constantly from them

T.Wells
09-19-2005, 05:11 AM
If you are a one time customer, or homeowner, then the price was inline. Sounds like you are a first time purchaser there, you would not be granted the 25 ton price your first time in...

It was my third purchase at this store but they couldn't 'find' my profile in the computer. The guy did remember helping me buy a pound of Drive 75, sticker, and also a 4-gallon sprayer in the past. My previous purchases all matched the web site price exactly but it wasn't like I spent tons of cash in there either as I am only a homeowner caring for my 1.5 acre lot.

T.Wells
09-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Talk to Bob they are a sponser of this forum. When you come on scroll down till you come to lesco link and ask him what the deal is.

I've tried posting this thread in there twice, and it won't post. That is why I placed it here.

bif
09-19-2005, 07:05 AM
I've had that happen also...the price on the website is cheaper than what you pay in the store...I've been meaning to say something to bob, but I haven't yet...

Steve

SodKing
09-19-2005, 07:45 AM
It was my third purchase at this store but they couldn't 'find' my profile in the computer. The guy did remember helping me buy a pound of Drive 75, sticker, and also a 4-gallon sprayer in the past. My previous purchases all matched the web site price exactly but it wasn't like I spent tons of cash in there either as I am only a homeowner caring for my 1.5 acre lot.

You received the appropriate price break for a homeowner. SOme of us spend tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars at Lesco. The price you see on the website does not always reflect the price you will receive at the store.

T.Wells
09-19-2005, 08:26 AM
SOme of us spend tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars at Lesco.

I understand this concept but this is why the web site offers the price, which I perceive as retail price, then allows you to click to sign-in for a contractors price.

The price you see on the website does not always reflect the price you will receive at the store.

I always thought that the listed price is retail and when the user signs in they can see their applicable discount, which for me would and should be 0%. My other purchases would always be at the price listed on the web which I believed to be full retail. Knowing that I didn't deserve a discount, I didn't and wouldn't have questioned a price break.

T.Wells

SodKing
09-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I understand this concept but this is why the web site offers the price, which I perceive as retail price, then allows you to click to sign-in for a contractors price.

I always thought that the listed price is retail and when the user signs in they can see their applicable discount, which for me would and should be 0%. My other purchases would always be at the price listed on the web which I believed to be full retail. Knowing that I didn't deserve a discount, I didn't and wouldn't have questioned a price break.

T.Wells

I have noticed this as well. Even the price reflected as my contractors price is higher than I actually pay at the store.