PDA

View Full Version : Dumb employees top this idiot

Kelly's Landscaping
09-19-2005, 02:37 AM
So lets see he could never work more then about 6-8 weeks in a row before having a break down he must have quit on me 5 times. Was late or did not show every single day he was scheduled. So this season is no different only I will never take him back he runs off a lawn leaves the mower running in the back yard and takes off. A month later I get a notice he is asking for unemployment with the statement " I got fired " so I go to the hearing. I get a 350 pound black lady as my caseworker he phones in needless to say I lose for no reason at all other then she did not like me. He claimed I worked him to hard and he had to leave ( ummmm isn't that quitting ) said I worked him 7 days a week 12 hours a day his 8 time cards and pay stubs proved he worked 27 days out of 58 and averaged 31 hours a week. (ummmm isn't that lying) but I lose so I have a new appeal hearing on Thursday this week.

So guess who just called me at midnight yup wonder boy he has had it with his new wife and now wants his job back and is willing to drop the unemployment if I hire him. How dumb can you be he accuses me of calling his wife all sorts of crap in the hearing made up 2 dozen or more lies. I could not keep up with the BS that came out of his mouth and he has the balls to ask for his job back tonight. He said sorry about all that but you understand I just needed the money so I said what I had too. I said you could have kept working instead of quitting he goes I know but I was just to messed up at the time so I needed a break.

I am going to go to bed now and laugh my self to sleep like I would ever take some one back that will screw me over on the drop of a hat. Not to mention his work sucked, slow and bad attitude but best off al he has a horse shoe around his neck bad luck just falls on him everywhere since heís been gone nothing breaks no one gets pulled over and the wet lands nazis have not made me go in on a holiday to remove 2 yards of grass behind one of my accounts homes again. I loved that last one she just happened to be driving by and went off on my partner. Best part it was not even a wetland but that did not stop her for treating to crucify Lou if he did not knee before her.

So heís not working and now wants to get custody on his new 4-month-old son yea thatís going to go over well. He just self destructs and for that reason I gave him Dan's numbers to ask for a job figure my ex boss could use a man like him LOL.

olderthandirt
09-19-2005, 02:56 AM
might want to see if you could take him back and sign a probationary letter telling him the rules and in it slip a little thing about how he quit last time and that if he does it agai he will be fired for cause and not just allowed to quit. :D If he's dumb enough to sign it then you have written proof that he quit.

topsites
09-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I would hire him back as your easy way out of the unemployment BS then you can fire him shortly again.

By the way, in order to draw unemployment don't you have to be fired through NO fault of your own? Yeah, so document FAULT!

Document the thing about the mower in the back yard.
Document every thing, every fault.
Of course, he has to sign it, that would help...

To deal with the unemployment office, you got to be humble. Don't know how to explain it exactly but dressing DOWN would help, and not acting like an owner would help as well (keep your head down, life sucks). Trust me, I have appointments at the county health office and the goal here is NOT to come out like a king, the goal is to come out unscathed because they CAN ruin your day because they have a LOT of POWER, and once you understand this, you'll do just fine. Treat every employee like Mr. and Mrs., yes sir and no ma'am and in a sotto voice, almost like at a funeral but not quite. Pretend you're on welfare, act like you get paid 200 dollars/week and wearing your shabbiest clothes wouldn't hurt. There, you're on your way to dealing successfully with the unemployment office.

qualitylandscaping
09-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I would hire him back as your easy way out of the unemployment BS then you can fire him shortly again.

By the way, in order to draw unemployment don't you have to be fired through NO fault of your own? Yeah, so document FAULT!

Document the thing about the mower in the back yard.
Document every thing, every fault.
Of course, he has to sign it, that would help...

To deal with the unemployment office, you got to be humble. Don't know how to explain it exactly but dressing DOWN would help, and not acting like an owner would help as well (keep your head down, life sucks). Trust me, I have appointments at the county health office and the goal here is NOT to come out like a king, the goal is to come out unscathed because they CAN ruin your day because they have a LOT of POWER, and once you understand this, you'll do just fine. Treat every employee like Mr. and Mrs., yes sir and no ma'am and in a sotto voice, almost like at a funeral but not quite. Pretend you're on welfare, act like you get paid 200 dollars/week and wearing your shabbiest clothes wouldn't hurt. There, you're on your way to dealing successfully with the unemployment office.

Sad but that is the truth.. I've noticed the same thing this year..

PMLAWN
09-19-2005, 09:17 AM

Our goverment at work! The less you work the more you can make and the hard working man has to pay for it.

meathead1134
09-19-2005, 10:00 AM
So lets see he could never work more then about 6-8 weeks in a row before having a break down he must have quit on me 5 times. Was late or did not show every single day he was scheduled. So this season is no different only I will never take him back he runs off a lawn leaves the mower running in the back yard and takes off. A month later I get a notice he is asking for unemployment with the statement " I got fired " so I go to the hearing. I get a 350 pound black lady as my caseworker he phones in needless to say I lose for no reason at all other then she did not like me. He claimed I worked him to hard and he had to leave ( ummmm isn't that quitting ) said I worked him 7 days a week 12 hours a day his 8 time cards and pay stubs proved he worked 27 days out of 58 and averaged 31 hours a week. (ummmm isn't that lying) but I lose so I have a new appeal hearing on Thursday this week.

So guess who just called me at midnight yup wonder boy he has had it with his new wife and now wants his job back and is willing to drop the unemployment if I hire him. How dumb can you be he accuses me of calling his wife all sorts of crap in the hearing made up 2 dozen or more lies. I could not keep up with the BS that came out of his mouth and he has the balls to ask for his job back tonight. He said sorry about all that but you understand I just needed the money so I said what I had too. I said you could have kept working instead of quitting he goes I know but I was just to messed up at the time so I needed a break.

I am going to go to bed now and laugh my self to sleep like I would ever take some one back that will screw me over on the drop of a hat. Not to mention his work sucked, slow and bad attitude but best off al he has a horse shoe around his neck bad luck just falls on him everywhere since heís been gone nothing breaks no one gets pulled over and the wet lands nazis have not made me go in on a holiday to remove 2 yards of grass behind one of my accounts homes again. I loved that last one she just happened to be driving by and went off on my partner. Best part it was not even a wetland but that did not stop her for treating to crucify Lou if he did not knee before her.

So heís not working and now wants to get custody on his new 4-month-old son yea thatís going to go over well. He just self destructs and for that reason I gave him Dan's numbers to ask for a job figure my ex boss could use a man like him LOL.

Wait a minunte he a has quit 5 times and you have taken him back in the past. Dosen't show up to work on scheduled days, I'm sure that there are better people out than this tell him to take a walk. If you want to get out the unemployment, document everything and put him on probation make him sign it and then have it notorized give him a copy and have a copy for your records. Then wait for him to quit and hire better help

Brianslawn
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Our goverment at work! The less you work the more you can make and the hard working man has to pay for it.

thats the truth. ive been disapponted with women workers this year, cause all theyve done is try and scam me. had a white boy try and scam saying we didnt pay him his full check when he quit. right then the female receptionist spoke up and said he made a sexually explicit comment to her in the office, which is monitored by a security camera. when we called the guy up and mentioned her claim to him... all he said was that we had a stronger case than him and he was willing to walk away and call things even.

imdawrlus
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
kelly, what was this kids race??

Brianslawn
09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
i got $100 on white.

no offense guys, im white, though darker than my hispanic friends as tanned as i am. white guys under 30 in this part of the south at least that can out work us iowa farm boys are very few.

imdawrlus
09-19-2005, 11:01 PM
i've noticed that when people talk about "mexicans" being excelent workers, they are talking about people, born in mexico that came here to find work.

now as soon as thoes people start having kids here in the us, they get used to the lazy lifestyle, and usualy become terrible workers. i'm not saying ALL of them, i'm mostly talking about people from the inner city and urban areas....the exact same thing goes for white people...

the people i hate most in this world are the "wiggers" and "thugs and players"....the ones who walk around all day rapping about how life sucks and they have it so hard and yo yo yo this and that....then they go home to live in their closet and have 9 kids with their girlfriend....ofcorse their life sucks so much that they cant find a job so they have to claim disability for some undiagnosed social disorder....who the hell would want to hire them anyways? they look and talk like idiots.....i could go on and on all day about this subject but i'll stop now haha...

brucec32
09-20-2005, 12:44 PM
What kind of life do you have when you have to deal with this type of human garbage day in and day out to make a living? Can't be fun. Surely there is a better business to be in if you're willing to deal with all this junk.

Face it, because of immigration and an ingrained resistance to pay good wages for particularly good workers, the industry has degraded to the point where no honest decent Americans want to work as employees in it. You're left dredging the bottom for those who can't make more than $10/hour. That's peanuts.

And because the industry has spiraled down so far, even if wages were suddenly raised to $20/hour, you'd still have a hard time finding legal workers to fill the positions. We're paying the price today for somebody's neat idea 25 years ago that they could undercut the competition by hiring immigrants. This just led to a downwards wage spiral.

Americans aren't all "lazy" or irresponsible. But only the irresponsible lazy ones can't get jobs that pay more than the $8-$12 or whatever is being offered today for workers. Why should some hardworking reasonably smart guy work for YOU for $12/hour in tough conditions when he can go flirt with secretaries in an air conditioned office for double that?

I made $8/hour as an unskilled non-union construction laborer in Georgia in 1980, 25 years go. And even then, builders were having a hard time finding helpers at that wage. So why is it any mystery that people today aren't willing to work for what is effectively half that wage after inflation?

It shocks one's sensiblities only if you don't understand supply/demand of labor, but these jobs should easily be paying $30,000 a year plus benefits if you want good reliable people. Idiot 18 y/o receptionists working in offices make that much. Of course, as long as we allow a never-ending flow of cheap labor into the country, you won't be able to charge enough for your services to afford these wages.

betterlawn
09-20-2005, 01:01 PM
That's a new angle. Am I reading that its the fault of the Mexican workers that American workers are lazy?

I'll have to think about that for a while... :dizzy:

Brianslawn
09-20-2005, 02:18 PM
actually i think they first started hiring mexicans years ago cause white boys didnt want to do those dirty jobs. also 25 years ago.... isnt that when video games first started popping up and spanking kids in schools was starting to be phased out??? or maybe it was clintons or bushs fault somehow???

all my full time employees that have been with for over a year make over 30k a year and got ins., ret., and other benifits. which is more than i made my first 3 years mowing on my own.

all i see on tv now are commercials... get paid to play video games... make millions shopping at walmart and selling the crap on ebay... make millions sleeping till noon and checks magicly appear in your mailbox.

face it. schools are spending more on atheletics and less on education. hell one teacher got sued by a parent for assigning homework over summer break to failing students. the parents got to share some of the blame.

fyi my girlfriend and also my lil sis are both mid level in walmart home office. been with walmart for several years, and only make around 20k, and probably work more hrs than we do a year. talk about slaving for peanuts, they can barely afford to shop at walmart!!!

even local restaurants cant get good help. when i go out to eat its the asian or elsalvidoran places where i usually get the best service and see the most smiles. just read my homer quote in my signature about american workers.

TURFLORD
09-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Two things. First, If you hire this guy back again Kelly you're 10x the fool he is. Sorry to be harsh. Can you say Workers comp? Do you have insurance? He said he's looking for money, Why not try getting hurt on the job this time. BE CAREFUL MAN. Second. I read an opinion that states that mexicans are destroying the pay rate. This country was built on cheap immigrant labor way before the amigos got here. The Irish and Italians built Manhattan, and the Chinese built the continental rail system a hundred years ago. everybody in this country that can afford it goes to college to get a "good job" ( non-labor) so there's no one left for labor jobs. Heck, I pay amigos $10 ph plus lunch. And yes American blue collar workers are fat and lazy just like the Japanese Prime Minister said. Always whining for more. Notice how all the manufacturing jobs are moving out of the country.

PROCUT1
09-20-2005, 04:49 PM
And exactly how much is someone worth to cut grass?

Americans ARE lazy...... They DO b!itch and complain all day and have a terrible attendance rate and even worse productivity....

There are exceptions but my mexican workers have been with me for years......And appreciate every minute here. I have a couple of Americans that are good but if I had a dollar for every one that was hired and fired or quit within a month I could retire.

PMLAWN
09-20-2005, 05:13 PM
The welfare system-unemployment-food stamps and countless other "entitlements" have educated people to give little and expect much.

Can it be fixed??? maybe. How, thats the big question.
For me I just plan to work a little harder and smarter so that I raise above the mess and live away from it's grasp. The paying of taxes to cover the cost is something that can not be overcome, (but it can be reduced), so the best plan is to not allow it to eat at you and be happy that we live in a country that is great because it CAN be good and CAN be bad but you have the choice of which way to go.

Now if I can only get one of those FEMA checks to go to a bar and get a lap dance????????

topsites
09-20-2005, 05:41 PM
kelly, what was this kids race??

You know I don't have employees but bad things come my way from customers, too, and over the long term when I average it all out, I find absolutely NO difference between any race, color, age, or sex.

Another way to say it is, a check from someone living in a 3-million dollar house is JUST as likely to clear OR bounce as a check from someone living in a trailer park be they black or white, and that's my own observation.

Weirdest thing being, the middle easterns I WILL fit all into one bunch but more so because of the haggling-related bs than anything else.

No, this is just another case of the usual CRAP and the main reason I don't do employees. It's not that I would mind the help, but I already go through this weeding out rigmarole with my customers and the LAST thing I need is my OTHER end needing a 24-hour watchdog as well, I only got 2 eyes and at least 1 of them I need so I can LOOK where *I* am going lol!

topsites
09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Americans aren't all "lazy" or irresponsible. But only the irresponsible lazy ones can't get jobs that pay more than the $8-$12 or whatever is being offered today for workers. Why should some hardworking reasonably smart guy work for YOU for $12/hour in tough conditions when he can go flirt with secretaries in an air conditioned office for double that?

Oh MAN you said a mouthful related to the crap was going through my mind today and it is something which regardless of consequence I fight EACH and EVERY day to make the change! The problem is there is a LARGE misconception that HARD physical Labor is CHEAP and to me that is absolute HORSECRAP ! Likely this kind of crap starts in high-school when a football player who is a big strong guy and isn't perhaps the brightest (as if) is SET as a standard (mind you, the big guy doesn't set the standard, everyone ELSE sets it FOR him!) and so now you got these mufuggas sitting in front of the computer coming up with HARE brained F*K for the peons to DEAL with when it is the PEONS who make it POSSIBLE for their high-fallooting arses to sit in the a/c earning TEN times our wages!
Some examples of hare brained F*K that $80k+/year phaggots come up with:
- Child-proof lighters.
- Operator presence safety switches.
- The new FUEL cans with the single spout and NO vent hole!
But there is so much, I mean you look at cars and the machines we use, and everywhere you look there is at LEAST *ONE* piece on every machine ever made that has the mark of hare brain written ALL over it, and who is really doing all the work anyhow? Oh, so the mind is worth more than the body?
Why is that, WHY is it worth MORE / hour to do mind-crap when compared to HARD physical labor? Well I STRONGLY DISAGREE with it, I think HARD physical labor SHOULD cost AS MUCH if not MORE than harebrain crap and IF the harebrains disagree then we need to let THEM do the work and that is exactly how I do it, as in the below example:
Someone wants me to do a bunch of DIGGING, right? Yeah, like 3 day's worth with a shovel and wheelbarrow so me, I'm going to go rent a Mini excavator and get it done in 6 hours and the estimate comes to $750 at $125/hour labor but OH NO, wait a minute (I get this crap all the time) WE wanted someone who could do it with just a shovel and a wheelbarrow so you know what I DO?
I quote them my lowest machine-based labor, $45/hour for 3 days is 1,200 dollars to do it YOUR hard way and it shuts them up as I leave with the thought in mind that they DESERVE to do it THEMSELVES - Satisfaction, guaranteed.
Will they ever learn? Only if more people see things my way, we ARE in the majority, we the hard workers need to let the cool boyz in the A/c know they are welcome to join us or PAY us.

Kelly's Landscaping
09-20-2005, 06:09 PM
He was Spanish although he looked Arab I have had much better luck with the white kids. The reason you saw he quit 5 times is I honestly feel sorry for the kid yes he is a complete loser but I always gave another chance in the hopes maybe he would turn his life around. The screw ups were documented where I got shafted was he quit so they would not even look at my evidence had I went along with his lie that I fired him I would have won. But why should I have to lie to beat someone in the wrong.

I lost probably 10k in work I could not complete this spring because of his BS but it was not till I got rid of him and one other idiot that I finally got serious about looking for new help. And what a difference my 2 guys now make you cannot believe some one is so bad to you see first hand what responsible employees can do for you. If I took him back he would only collect on me again and for even more earnings he is not even collecting off this year instead he figured away to collect off last year when he showed more income. The whole thing disgusts me 2 things would need to be done to make unemployment work and not a reward. One check them every week for interviews they are suppose to go on at least 3 but no one checks to month 7. And if that is just to difficult then instant jury duty and I mean duty not just being added to the list no make them the only list and make them do one case after another till they decide work is a better way to go.

Kelly's Landscaping
09-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Two things. First, If you hire this guy back again Kelly you're 10x the fool he is. Sorry to be harsh. Can you say Workers comp? Do you have insurance? He said he's looking for money, Why not try getting hurt on the job this time. BE CAREFUL MAN. .

Thatís the other reason he will not be coming back I got my comp rate down to 6% no way in hell I am risking that. Would probably get me in jail if that played out because I would not hold back and he would never walk again. I do not trust him at all I have used the saying I trust him as far as I can throw him the trouble is heís only 140 pounds I could toss him at least 8 feet and I do not trust him that much. :)

Brianslawn
09-20-2005, 07:17 PM
at least if it wasnt for lazy americans... we probably wouldnt have a job. how many young people with new mowers in their garage do you mow for?

as for smart people getting better jobs.... i skipped high school and went straight to college, engineer major. can design houses on cad. have also worked in all aspects of the residential construction industry. im also a computer repair tech and network design and setup specialist. most of my dozen computers were built or rebuilt from base parts by me. i quit an ac office job with ncr doing phone tech and field repairs in walmarts most heavily restricted tech warehouse. yeah, i gave all that up so i could do what i did growing up... mow yards.

i cant stand to sit around all day.

as for welfare... most the people that ask me for a job ask for cash under the table or for me to lie on their welfare or unemployment papers so they can keep getting that check, too. 2 mexicans, rest were white boys and girls.

im going to move to canada. i'll go give fareway a run for his money. :p

parents... start spanking your kids more and start them working at a young age. or was the way i was raised abuse??? if it was abuse then it warped me into a future millionaire...

PMLAWN
09-20-2005, 07:28 PM
as for welfare... most the people that ask me for a job ask for cash under the table or for me to lie on their welfare or unemployment papers so they can keep getting that check, too. 2 mexicans, rest were white boys and girls.

parents... start spanking your kids more and start them working at a young age. or was the way i was raised abuse??? if it was abuse then it warped me into a future millionaire...

Yes this is what really pi$$s me off (about welfare takers) No under the table for my guys..

I believe that too many parents "TAKE CARE OF" their kids and do not "EDUCATE" them

Rollacosta
09-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I have a fool [employee] who is a fully trained arborist [tree worker] last week he burnt his hand real bad undoing an oil cap on a chainsaw [burnt his hand on the exhaust] :dizzy: .He also has a bad attitude ,so i'm just waiting for him to quit and try to claim for his injury. :angry:

xcopterdoc
09-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I guess the employment "road" goes both ways.. there are bad employees and bad employers. I've worked for one or 2 good ones and a slew of bad ones.
But back to the original post. Dont hire this scum back. You are lowering your standards and it sets the standard for the rest of your employees.
I look at it like this... If ya talk the talk,.. walk the walk... dont give no sheet and dont take no sheet. Reward the good and do away with the bad. The best boss I ever had was a total A-hole. But everyone knew where he stood, what he stood for and what he expected out of us. Do yur job, there wasnt even a question. He wasnt wishy washy, he was matter of fact and to the point. If you were late, no mater who you were, you signed a piece of paper saying you were late. You screwed up, you did the same thing. If you got canned... dont even think about unemployment... you aint gettin it!

topsites
09-20-2005, 09:31 PM
The sad thing is, unemployment WAS made with a good intention in mind but unfortunately I see 9 out of 10 folks abuse the system.

topsites
09-20-2005, 09:41 PM
at least if it wasnt for lazy americans... we probably wouldnt have a job. how many young people with new mowers in their garage do you mow for?

as for smart people getting better jobs.... i skipped high school and went straight to college, engineer major. can design houses on cad. have also worked in all aspects of the residential construction industry. im also a computer repair tech and network design and setup specialist. most of my dozen computers were built or rebuilt from base parts by me. i quit an ac office job with ncr doing phone tech and field repairs in walmarts most heavily restricted tech warehouse. yeah, i gave all that up so i could do what i did growing up... mow yards.

i cant stand to sit around all day.

im going to move to canada. i'll go give fareway a run for his money. :p

First off, I see laziness all around me but what makes me angry is when lazy man acts like I owe them a favor (or like they need my HELP) and I'm supposed to bend over backwards to please them ... Man BEST be in a wheelchair because I seen an 80-year old lady cut her own grass so I don't wanna hear another sob story, thou I might add if a really good-looking SINGLE unattached lady decides to flirt with me and does it right, well now that might be worth a shot :rolleyes:

Far as comps, I built and designed my whole site AND setup the dedicated Unix server and also build my own, I think we're both highly intellectual and no I am NOT interested in matching wits for sure (yah I mean, I might actually get whooped here lol).
But Ok so you feel mowing yards is as good as comp. work, I can respect that, my problem is with folks who think our labor ought to be cheap... No doubt grass-cutting should NOT be as expensive as designing a house but how MUCH the lawnboy gets / hour is an issue of how long it takes him vs. the fair market value of the lawn and NOT how much someone THINKS our time is worth, is my point...
Far as spanking, I can't deal with this crap about parents talk about they raise their kids psychologically or whatever other baloney, I am sorry but for the good kids out there that might work but when all else fails, nothing but a good ole' azz-whoopin to set things straight. Tell you what, ONE good smack used to set my azz straight for some time.