Sir mowsalot
09-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Two words only to describe it. "holy crap"

iluvscag
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
There just that good. :cool:

rodfather
09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
They're pretty amazing...sound like a kid's minbike too whey they're idling LOL.

Another thing that I did to the 3 we bought last Autumn was to add a curved end to them (from a Stihl BR 400 blower). Works great when you are blowing out beds causing it reduces the amount of mulch/bark, etc. getting thrown out into the lawn area along with the leaves. Secondly, works great at blowing out leaves from pacysandra beds as well.

dcplace2004
09-19-2005, 05:45 PM
for 600 dollars they should have designed a machine with 1000 cfm at the pipe and protection of the fuel lines...let me know when they change the design and then I will buy one...cfm is not everything if it is only a few cfms...

rodfather
09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Where do you get 600 bucks? Most I have heard is people paying $525 for them (me) or others at $475.

John Gamba
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Where do you get 600 bucks? Most I have heard is people paying $525 for them (me) or others at $475.

Hi Mr rodfather :waving: :waving:

Sir mowsalot
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
They're pretty amazing...sound like a kid's minbike too whey they're idling LOL.

Another thing that I did to the 3 we bought last Autumn was to add a curved end to them (from a Stihl BR 400 blower). Works great when you are blowing out beds causing it reduces the amount of mulch/bark, etc. getting thrown out into the lawn area along with the leaves. Secondly, works great at blowing out leaves from pacysandra beds as well.

Hey thanks for the idea, im gonna try that one out.

rodfather
09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
JG, maybe ya ought to get rid of that push broom and purchase an 8000...I'll even contribute LOL :D

Sir mowsalot
09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
I bought mine at waco landscape supply for i think $489 that includes the shipping right to my door.

rodfather
09-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey thanks for the idea, im gonna try that one out.

I swear by them...think they cost like 11 or 12 bucks a piece.

John Gamba
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
JG, maybe ya ought to get rid of that push broom and purchase an 8000...I'll even contribute LOL :D

Those blowers make a mess :waving:

6'7 330
09-19-2005, 06:13 PM

We gave 489, back in the spring for the RedMax’s we purchased. Their performance has been flawless. Mechanically flawless to, no mechanical failure what so ever.

Keith
09-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I saw one today...what a beast! None of the local Redmax dealers even stock Redmax, so I was pleasantly surprised to find a dealer some miles away that had inventory and several 8000's. For you guys working with loads of leaves, it looks like the machine for the job. For me, blowing drives and walks for two to five minutes at a time on 75% of my jobs, I believe the 7001 still fits the bill :) But if I had loads of spare money, I'd buy one just for the novelty of having it :p

6'7 330
09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
None of the local Redmax dealers even stock Redmax

What do Redmax dealers stock? Sthil? lol

Lazer_Z
09-19-2005, 08:24 PM
I saw one today...what a beast! None of the local Redmax dealers even stock Redmax, so I was pleasantly surprised to find a dealer some miles away that had inventory and several 8000's. For you guys working with loads of leaves, it looks like the machine for the job. For me, blowing drives and walks for two to five minutes at a time on 75% of my jobs, I believe the 7001 still fits the bill :) But if I had loads of spare money, I'd buy one just for the novelty of having it :p
Keith, you bring up a point at witch I have been debating. Is the 8000 overkill for daily work like blowing grass clippings? I really have no idea what to buy I'm stuck between the BR600 or the 8000. If I had as much spare cash as Rod or John I could afford one of each but,thats not the case it's one or the other. I hate to keep asking this same question but every time I think I have it figured out I read something else about either blower and I get confused again.

Rob

Sir mowsalot
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Keith, you bring up a point at witch I have been debating. Is the 8000 overkill for daily work like blowing grass clippings? I really have no idea what to buy I'm stuck between the BR600 or the 8000. If I had as much spare cash as Rod or John I could afford one of each but,thats not the case it's one or the other. I hate to keep asking this same question but every time I think I have it figured out I read something else about either blower and I get confused again.

Rob

I bought mine exclusively for leaf removal. For me it would not be practical for everday mowing use. this little baby is gonna make me some leaf removal money this year. So it was worth the price and then some.

dcplace2004
09-19-2005, 08:32 PM
for grass clippings...the redmax probably has more area over the stihl, but the stihl is more concentrated...it seems to direct flow with the bullet end...the redmax has a gradual taper...the opening of the redmax is 2.8 inches, the stihl is 2.75 inches...the redmax has minimal difference in power over the BR600 but the designs are a different...stihl shows 712 cfm through the 2.75 inch opening and redmax 688 cfm through the 2.8 inch opening...difference is minimal...

Lazer_Z
09-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I bought mine exclusively for leaf removal. For me it would not be practical for everyday mowing use. this little baby is gonna make me some leaf removal money this year. So it was worth the price and then some.
My problem is I want to basically have my 650 as a back up to what ever I buy. I'm now thinking of 2 options #1 buy the BR600 and use my Echo for fall or #2 Sell the echo and scrape some more payup together and see what type of deal I can get on buying 2 blowers. If I got with #2 I know the dealer will cut me a break on two machines because he's done it already for me with 2 saws. Thanks again for all the info hopefully soon I'll be posting pics of a new blower or maybe blowers.

Rob

Keith
09-19-2005, 08:45 PM
What do Redmax dealers stock? Sthil? lol

Hehe :p I know you say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but that pretty much sums it up. Most have Stihl and Husqvarna as their front line stuff, with Echo and Kawi as the second string line. Radmax and Shindaiwa become third tier and you are looked at like you are some kind of trouble maker asking them to get it for you. I would be willing to bet a good deal of the sales people there are not even aware they can get the brand.

The place I get my Shindaiwa parts from (which always have to be ordered) has not stocked a piece of Shindaiwa equipment in three years as far as I know. I asked them the other day about Redmax pricing and they informed me that they gave up the line two years ago. How would you know? They didn't have any on display even when they were a dealer.

In a big Stihl dealer the other day I was told they usually keep one Redmax hedge trimmer in stock but everything else they can order if I really want it. As odd as this may sound, odd to me was walking into a dealer and finding not only Redmax on the wall, but lots of it. I have no idea when the last time I walked into a place that actually had Redmax oil in stock.

lawnmaniac883
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Yup, got mine in late june from landscape supply...holy crap is right! These are just not fair for the competition.

rodfather
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
The 3 I bought last October were for Fall cleanups only...I have some Echo 650's and 750's for everyday lawn use.

Keith
09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Keith, you bring up a point at witch I have been debating. Is the 8000 overkill for daily work like blowing grass clippings?

Overkill? Most likely. But we live in an overkill society. Bigger trucks, bigger mowers, bigger hp, you name it. My first blower was Toro handheld, it was a lot better than a broom. When I bought a Stihl BR320, it was a lot better than the Toro. When I bought the BR400, it was the baddest I had ever used...til I used the Shindaiwa EB630. That was the first blower I had that I honestly thought any more power, volume and velocity would not make my job any easier. Get what you want, you are the one that has to use. Don't let anyone tell you the blower you bought is not manly enough, just use your head and you will pick the right one :) But as big as the 8000 is physically, I don't think it would be asset to me. I can see myself turning around and smacking right into someone's car :D

Lazer_Z
09-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks Keith,I guess it's back to more head scratching and more spec comparing. I'm going to see if any local dealers have an 8000 set up for a quick demo on their lot and then maybe that will help me. Thanks again guys for all of the info. Like I said hopefully soon I'll be posting pics of a new machine.

Rob

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks Keith,I guess it's back to more head scratching and more spec comparing. I'm going to see if any local dealers have an 8000 set up for a quick demo on their lot and then maybe that will help me. Thanks again guys for all of the info. Like I said hopefully soon I'll be posting pics of a new machine.

Rob

Get the 8000 now, Its fall. When spring comes get the 600. Finished business.

Your Bud John

dcplace2004
09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
This absolutely makes not sense to me at all why they would expose that darn thing...even the choke lever is exposed...should this be happening especially for the price that one has to pay for the machine?...to me the engineers should have thought of everything...also, the dealer here is wishy washy on the price and these are without .085 sales tax...they have asked 535, 545, and the latest, 569...how can a dealer be so inconsistent...isn't redmax supposed to keep this in check?

dcplace2004
09-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I understand that the 8000 is perhaps more powerful and I respect your imput...but why would one spend that extra money if the power is minimal over the 600...Stihl boast 24 cfm over the redmax, but the design of the pipe is different...get one that will do both the leaf clean up AND the everyday use...so what if the redmax will blow a pile of leaves half a foot farther in a pass...I flung a 3 foot 2x4 yesterday with the 600--I did the same with the 8000 during the demo of it...how much did one fling the wood more than the other? The difference is minimal...NOW, the first blower to bring 1000 cfm at the pipes on a small non- bulky unit is one I will rave about...not 688 cfm and 712 cfm at the pipes difference...yes, time is money, and I find that out everyday...but I think that the money you save in time on the redmax will be eaten up in fuel usage as the Stihl way better than the redmax...just run the two at full throttle and see which one wins that one...the stihl as a much smaller tank but will last much longer than the 8000...

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I understand that the 8000 is perhaps more powerful and I respect your imput...but why would one spend that extra money if the power is minimal over the 600...Stihl boast 24 cfm over the redmax, but the design of the pipe is different...get one that will do both the leaf clean up AND the everyday use...so what if the redmax will blow a pile of leaves half a foot farther in a pass...I flung a 3 foot 2x4 yesterday with the 600--I did the same with the 8000 during the demo of it...how much did one fling the wood more than the other? The difference is minimal...NOW, the first blower to bring 1000 cfm at the pipes on a small non- bulky unit is one I will rave about...not 688 cfm and 712 cfm at the pipes difference...yes, time is money, and I find that out everyday...but I think that the money you save in time on the redmax will be eaten up in fuel usage as the Stihl way better than the redmax...just run the two at full throttle and see which one wins that one...the stihl as a much smaller tank but will last much longer than the 8000...

Its not minimal!!

It blows leaves father and wider. Its almost like a push blower. I love my 600 and i use it everyday. But for leaves last year the 8000 that i tried was better on the higher piles.

Bush hog boy(eric) last year posted a pic on how wide and how far it blow leaves then the Echo 750. See if you can get the pic.
John

dcplace2004
09-20-2005, 11:36 AM
I demoed the 8000, but not on leaves, so that is probably why I cannot understand the difference...I would like for someone to get a video posted this leaf season to show the power of the 8000...gamba, how can stihl boast a 712 cfm over the 8000 and it not be as powerful...I can bet it has to do with the design of the tubes and the impeller...see, the 2x4 might be able to be blown with ease by both, but put two boards side by side and the 8000 will probably get both...The Stihl is more of a directed airstream and it more than likely has to do with the bullet end...that last second taper as compared to the 8000's gradual taper is the difference as it cuts the area down--I know this cause I put a non tapered end on the 600 to test it out...I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO and hopefully by next season the redmax will have a newer model and hopefully a new design for those darn exposed components...I needed to have a backpack that would do almost everything, and I think I have one...but to do ONE thing the best, I will have to wait as it is not cost effective to me...peace...

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I demoed the 8000, but not on leaves, so that is probably why I cannot understand the difference...I would like for someone to get a video posted this leaf season to show the power of the 8000...gamba, how can stihl boast a 712 cfm over the 8000 and it not be as powerful...I can bet it has to do with the design of the tubes and the impeller...see, the 2x4 might be able to be blown with ease by both, but put two boards side by side and the 8000 will probably get both...The Stihl is more of a directed airstream and it more than likely has to do with the bullet end...that last second taper as compared to the 8000's gradual taper is the difference as it cuts the area down--I know this cause I put a non tapered end on the 600 to test it out...I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO and hopefully by next season the redmax will have a newer model and hopefully a new design for those darn exposed components...I needed to have a backpack that would do almost everything, and I think I have one...but to do ONE thing the best, I will have to wait as it is not cost effective to me...peace...

one thing i think is that the 600 is going to be great behind the bushes when you are against the bay windows. Its sleek design makes it easy to get behind things. It pinpoint way of blowing will help get the leaves out or threw the bushes. Then the 8000's will take over in the more open areas.
John

dcplace2004
09-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I could not find anything from him on the pics...I agree with you on the 600 for everyday use per power ratio...being that I am new to the field I cannot drop money on two blowers, but will be able to next year...by that time maybe redmax will beef up their blower to 1000 cfm at the pipe...I guess I am just jealous and try to justify just about anything...sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle...Maybe I need therapy for my powerful BP blower envy...

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 12:00 PM
I could not find anything from him on the pics...I agree with you on the 600 for everyday use per power ratio...being that I am new to the field I cannot drop money on two blowers, but will be able to next year...by that time maybe redmax will beef up their blower to 1000 cfm at the pipe...I guess I am just jealous and try to justify just about anything...sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle...Maybe I need therapy for my powerful BP blower envy...

Im working on a three cylinder turbo diesel with duel tubes :waving:

John

Email eric for the pics. he goes by frankenscag or something like that.

ALBsun1
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
This is a comparison based on the information on each manufacturer's websites. They all seem about the same, except, i guess the redmax's displacement is higher. But, the BR600 boasts more CFM. I don't know what to purchase as of yet, I guess it will come down to price.

Model Displace (cc) CFM hous/pipe Airspd Wght.

Echo pb-751 63.3 1260/620 205mph 25.1lbs

Stihl BR-600 64.8 1012/712 201mph 20.9lbs

Kawas KRB700B 59.2 815 /603 201mph 20.7

Redmax 7001 62.0 855 /630 205 21.5

Redmax 8000 71.9 943 /688 203 24.9

Shindaiwa EB630 62.0 842 /613 201 19.8

Lazer_Z
09-20-2005, 03:12 PM
ALBsun1,You bring up yet another good point the cost. I'm getting a price of $479.99 for the BR600 & $549.99 for the 8000.So not only CFM or air speed but price plays a factor as well. When I bought my 650 I paid the sale price of 449.99 and I thought I had the baddest thing out there but, just a few months later I hear talk of a new BP form red max and it turned out to be the 8000. I think later this week I'm going to go back to my dealer and have another look at both.

John, I may just do what you suggest but,it's still up in the air at this point.

Thanks yet again guys for all of the confusing yet helpful info lol.

Rob

lawnmaniac883
09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Redmax claims there blower consumes less fuel than the Stihl on their website www.redmax.com/

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
ALBsun1,You bring up yet another good point the cost. I'm getting a price of $479.99 for the BR600 & $549.99 for the 8000.So not only CFM or air speed but price plays a factor as well. When I bought my 650 I paid the sale price of 449.99 and I thought I had the baddest thing out there but, just a few months later I hear talk of a new BP form red max and it turned out to be the 8000. I think later this week I'm going to go back to my dealer and have another look at both.

John, I may just do what you suggest but,it's still up in the air at this point.

Thanks yet again guys for all of the confusing yet helpful info lol.

Rob

Good Luck !! you will do fine.

John

John Gamba
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Redmax claims there blower consumes less fuel than the Stihl on their website www.redmax.com/

Here we go again :laugh:

John

Lazer_Z
09-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Good Luck !! you will do fine.

John
Thanks John.

Ya know you would think this would be an easy decision lol. I had an easier time deciding what mower I wanted to replace my current one with and thats really big $$$ it's like a 5K machine. Here I am driving my self up a wall over a BP am I loosing my mind? Well to echo what I said before I think one final look over is in order just to be on the safe side because I don't feel like dropping $500 to $600 on a machine I'm not going to like and that is not going to preform like a $500 to $600 machine should.

Rob

dcplace2004
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
if you notice, redmax does NOT compare the redmax strato charged to the stihl 4-mix engines...they compare them to the old 2-cycle stuff...I emailed redmax and naturally they did not email me back...they never email anyone back...wonderful service, huh? The comparison chart is NOT accurate! Stihl 4-mix wins on fuel every time...