PDA

View Full Version : Color spots

thecolorgreen
09-20-2005, 01:56 AM
For those of you that provide annual color spots on commercial properties what is your method of bidding.
Do you have a per-flower figure you use or by the sq. ft.?
What is your order of process (perilite, rototil, plant, mulch???)

One property I need to do has two seperate 4'x10' areas and the other a 6'x12' and 2'x12' area to be planted.

I've never done this before and I want to do a good job. Any help on this subject would be greatly apprerciated.

sheshovel
09-20-2005, 02:23 AM
So they are already planting beds?Amend the soil with a good soil amendment/planting mix,you can till with a tiller like a Mantis,a regular size one would be too big to handle in those small spaces. So I suggest you just dig the planting mix in well with a shovel and remove any weeds,rocks,debri.Water your plants before during and after planting.
You have to decide just exactly what your going to plant ,then plant flats of annuals and double or triple the price you pay for the flats and amendmen,then fiqure out how much you are going to charge for labor,by the hour or by the job.I can't give you an idea of what to charge for labor without seeing the job or knowing how much plant material your going to use.

ed2hess
09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Bid by the tray(25ct.) , we buy them at $9 and charge $25. The charge includes soil, weed control, fungas control, bug control, and and ongoing mainentance. Not a lot of money made on flowers but neceassry to get the upscale accounts.