PDA

View Full Version : What's your screed board?

GreenMonster
09-20-2005, 02:21 PM
What are you guys using for screed boards? I'm thinking about using something out of aluminum so it's lightweight, but not susceptible to warp and twist like wood. Thoughts?

DVS Hardscaper
09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
We use Screed Boards purchased from most paver supply yards.

mbella
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Check that, we are now using magnesium.

hole in one lco
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
We use aluminum screeds Mark.
I use the same

MarcusLndscp
09-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Go for the magnesium Mark, they're the best....maybe you'll finally be able to get one of your patios flat! :D :D :D Just kidding! How's Wolfeboro been? I haven't been to that side of the lake in quite some time. Mainly been in Meredith, Center Harbor area which has been fine by me. Always hated driving 20 minutes south and then 30 minutes north. :dizzy: There must be an easier way.......? Tell the fam we said hello.

mbella
09-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Go for the magnesium Mark, they're the best....maybe you'll finally be able to get one of your patios flat! :D :D :D Just kidding! How's Wolfeboro been? I haven't been to that side of the lake in quite some time. Mainly been in Meredith, Center Harbor area which has been fine by me. Always hated driving 20 minutes south and then 30 minutes north. :dizzy: There must be an easier way.......? Tell the fam we said hello.

Will you guys carry on your romance in private please :p

Dirty Water
09-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I've screeded hundreds of garage floors with a wood screed. But that was concrete.

TerraVenture
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
What are you guys using for screed boards? I'm thinking about using something out of aluminum so it's lightweight, but not susceptible to warp and twist like wood. Thoughts?
look at bon tool they are a concrete and masonary tool supplier. You can get them at northern nurseries but I would by direct from bon tool. They are made from magnesium. I have a 6' and an 8' I plan on getting some longer ones. Bon has them up to 24'

PAPS Landscape Design
09-20-2005, 11:50 PM
What size magnesiums are you guys all using? 1'', 1.5'', or 2.0'' ??? and what lengths do you own and are using...?

Dreams To Designs
09-21-2005, 11:36 AM
We use aluminum 1"X3" hollow for screed boards. Locally there is a metal supplier that sell a 15' piece for around $30 and $1.50 per cut. At that price you can have a full set of of different sizes for less than $100.

Kirk

MarcusLndscp
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
MBella, I'm sorry to be so public with my interactions with Greenmonster. Really I'm just overly jealous of the relationship you and CGLand have together. GreenMonster seemed to be reaching out for a relationship as well so I accepted him with open arms. I hope someday our relationship can grow as strong as the one you two have!!! :p :p :p

mbella
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
MBella, I'm sorry to be so public with my interactions with Greenmonster. Really I'm just overly jealous of the relationship you and CGLand have together. GreenMonster seemed to be reaching out for a relationship as well so I accepted him with open arms. I hope someday our relationship can grow as strong as the one you two have!!! :p :p :p

What is this, Beauty and the Beast? The "Green Monster" is reaching out to princess Marcus?

Seriously, Chris and I have a great relationship. We talk about once a week. Geographically, we are very close. However, we are far enough apart that we really aren't competitors. I have definitely benefited from meeting Chris and have learned more than a few things from him. It's really beneficial to have somebody, in about the same market, with whom to share ideas and experience. I can say that if I am in a jam, I can dial Chris and he always has time to talk.

However, I don't appreciate him calling me asking for money to make his payroll :p

That's great that you guys have formed a relationship.

MarcusLndscp
09-21-2005, 10:35 PM
LOL MBella....he's starting to ask for money, it must be getting serious! Next thing you know he'll want a ring! LOL!!! :D

mbella
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
LOL MBella....he's starting to ask for money, it must be getting serious! Next thing you know he'll want a ring! LOL!!! :D

Yeah, I'd watch out for that guy. Next thing you know, he'll be calling you on Sunday wondering where you are.

cgland
09-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Mike! I told you that I would pay you back!!!!! :angry: Seriously though.....I appreciate your kind words. I do agree that it is nice to have someone that is almost at my caliper workwise to help along and give advice to. :waving:
It is a great thing to be able to network with others and share ideas.

P.S. Mike - I left my sleeping bag in the living room, please put it in my room. Thanks.

Chris

mbella
09-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Mike! I told you that I would pay you back!!!!! :angry: Seriously though.....I appreciate your kind words. I do agree that it is nice to have someone that is almost at my caliper workwise to help along and give advice to. :waving:
It is a great thing to be able to network with others and share ideas.

P.S. Mike - I left my sleeping bag in the living room, please put it in my room. Thanks.

Chris

No problem. I'll fold it up and place in your packn play (don't worry. In a few months, you'll know what a packn play is.)

cgland
09-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Pack-n-play? Is that the large "cage-like" pen that makes babies scream bloody murder?

Chris

cgland
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
By the way, we use magnesium screeds as well. 12', 8', and 4'. The longest one is shaped like a 2x4 and the smaller ones are like 1x6's.
The only way to go IMO!

Chris

NNJLandman
09-22-2005, 12:45 AM
We use aluminum and pvc plastic type screed board. I believe it was part of a flat rail plastic fence that we now use for a screed. Not sure the sizes, but the aluminum is our larger one then the plastic is about 2 feet smaller, and then we have pieces of plow blades we also use.

Jeff

GreenMonster
09-26-2005, 11:16 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up the bus. What the hell are you fruit loops talkin' about? I just want to know how you screed your sand, not who's making googly eyes with who :dizzy: I'm beginning to think some of you guys are a little more than "friends".

Marcus and I simply have a professional relationship.

BTW, Mark. Please call me. Why won't you return my calls? I really need to talk to you. Did I say something to make you mad? Please don't be mad at me. Call me anytime.... day or night. I really miss you :help:

MarcusLndscp
09-26-2005, 11:20 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for you to read that!!!

mbella
09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up the bus. What the hell are you fruit loops talkin' about? I just want to know how you screed your sand, not who's making googly eyes with who :dizzy: I'm beginning to think some of you guys are a little more than "friends".

Marcus and I simply have a professional relationship.

BTW, Mark. Please call me. Why won't you return my calls? I really need to talk to you. Did I say something to make you mad? Please don't be mad at me. Call me anytime.... day or night. I really miss you :help:

That is funny as hell.

mbella
09-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Mrs. Green Monster, all the while I thought the two men dressed as Red Sox were actually baseball players. Never realizing that it is you and Mark greeting each other after a long work week. A certain song comes to mind. The lyrics are as follows:

I saw her sitting in the rain
raindrops falling on her
she didn't seem to care, she sat there and smiled at me!!

Then I knew
(I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew!)
she would make me happy
(happy, happy, she could make me very happy)
Flowers in her hair, Flowers everywhere

(chorus):
I love the flower girl...
oh I don't know just why she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl...

she seems so sweet at night
she kept a tune in my mind

I knew I had to say hello
(hello, hello!)
She smiled up at me
Then she took my hand
and we walk in the park alone

Then I knew
(I Knew, I knew, I Knew)
she had made me happy
(happy, happy)
flowers in her hair
flowers everywhere

(chorus)...

Suddenly the sun broke through
(see the sun)
I turned around and she was gone
and all I had left, was one little flower in my hand

Then I knew
(I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew)
she would make me happy
(happy, happy)
Flowers in her hair, Flowers everywhere

I love the flower girl
was she reality or just a dream to me
I love the flower girl
well i'll show me the way to find a sunny day
(sunny day....)
Fade!

I love the flower girl
was she reality or just a dream to me

You guys really do appear happy together.

Drafto
09-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Alright, I have been out for a little while, had another baby the other day so my computer time this week and last has been limited. I wanted to jump on and check this post b/c it interested me when it was started, so I get on here tonight to catch up and this is what is has come down to? What the "F" did I miss? I feel like I am watching the Oxygen channel, or the Lifetime network. The post was about "screeds" not screed "pipes", so stop all the "pipe" grabbing and let us know what your screeds are! Mike - is Chris' sleeping bag on top of my faxes?

Dan

mbella
09-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Dan, start at the beginning. Most of us told what we use before this went where it did.

MarcusLndscp
09-27-2005, 07:48 AM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto

Drafto
09-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Dan, start at the beginning. Most of us told what we use before this went where it did.

I know Mike, I just had to jab about the g@y stuff. I know your number is still in my voicemail somewhere. I really would like to catch up.

Dan

GreenMonster
09-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Wow. You guys dissapoint me. Especially you, Mike. I thought you were one of the manlier men of the group, but you're just as fruity as the rest with that silly song you sing to CG.

For the record, here's the real Mrs. Greenmonster. I'm afraid to say, she might be manlier than any of you flamers.

mbella
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM

Boy, somebody has changed his tune overnight.

Ok, ok, let's end this. Let's talk about pavers or block or the Patriots or something manly.

MarcusLndscp
09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I agree Mike. I think if this goes any further we all may have some serious problems. This whole thing reached it's climax with your song (which I'm still not sure if it's an actual song or an MBella original) and I actually have been laughing to myself all day about this thread. But, yes let's definitely end this discussion. It's definitely the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG LONG time though. :D

GreenMonster
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I agree Mike. I think if this goes any further we all may have some serious problems. This whole thing reached it's climax with your song (which I'm still not sure if it's an actual song or an MBella original) and I actually have been laughing to myself all day about this thread. But, yes let's definitely end this discussion. It's definitely the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG LONG time though. :D

oh sure, Marc, let's end the discussion.... what about my feelings? Did you ever think of that? What if I don't want to end it. You're so inconsiderate of my feelings...... bastard! :cry:

mbella
09-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I had a pretty funny response typed out, but I deleted it. I will say it again, as I did on 9/20 at 8:24pm est., continue this in private.

Some might stumble upon this homoscaping and be scared off forever.

cgland
09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah! Enough of this talk! Now I must go out and kill a defenseless animal, rape and pillage(sp) a small village, watch a football game, drink a case of beer......and cry in my pillow because Mike won't return my calls :cry:
P.S. Go Eagles!
P.S.S. Magnesium screeds are the best. (happy Dan) :p

Chris