PDA

View Full Version : New Stander W/ Rapid Height Adjustment

afftandem
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
On Wrights website, they are showing standers w/rapid height adjustment on their pricelists...... no pics though.. whats the deal? has anyone seen one of these yet???

CharlieBingo
09-20-2005, 05:11 PM
I want to know the same thing. I called the company they were a bit hesitant and told me no such machine coming?

afftandem
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
i emailed them... but wont get a reply to tommorow probably...

EXspyguy
09-20-2005, 06:09 PM
It's a sentar sport without the seat. 36,48 and 52"

Howard Roark
09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
I had a rep call me and tell me they had one at the dealer. This was almost a month ago. Never did go see it though as it wasn't a dealer that was close.

CharlieBingo
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Why not a 60 inch with rapid height adj. that size deck needs it. IMO not even necessary for 52 inchers and below. Oh Well!

LightningLawns
09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't buy one until they come out with bigger engines on the 52, 19hp is too small.

jtkplc
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't buy one until they come out with bigger engines on the 52, 19hp is too small.

23 or 25hp isn't enough?

LightningLawns
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
oh yea 23 hp is plenty, they do not make the rapid height adjustment with an engine bigger than 19hp

Itsgottobegreen
09-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Thats it. I am going down to the factory to have a see for myself. I have heard 4 different designs of what it looks like.

afftandem
09-21-2005, 01:17 AM
i asked, in my email, why not the bigger engines.. and i asked why the 36 went up in price while the others dropped (w/the r.height)... wait and see if they reply.

John Gamba
09-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Why not a 60 inch with rapid height adj. that size deck needs it. IMO not even necessary for 52 inchers and below. Oh Well!

Charlie
You should look at the 2006 Convertible mower. They have done alot of big improvements to it for 06. They are looking into the 28FI,30HP Kohler and the 25Kaw. Theres talk about a diesel too. They have rapid hight adjustment on the deck just like you are looking for.

John

John Gamba
09-21-2005, 06:30 PM
If your looking for a 13MPH walk behind with the 28HP FI Kohler, Here it is!!

John

LightningLawns
09-21-2005, 07:07 PM
That P.O.S. is not even in the same class as a wright stander

John Gamba
09-21-2005, 07:12 PM

It is now.
John

LightningLawns
09-21-2005, 07:16 PM
do you own one?

Planet Landscaping
09-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Bring it on Gamba :waving: , The Stander Is ready for a duel payup . (Plus, I gotta play with that thing :cool2: )

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 07:54 AM
do you own one?

Soon. Its is only 65" long, will go 13MPH and there looking very hard at a diesel. There also testing the 28FI,30Kohler and others. There finally doing what we are recommending.

I also will be on a sentar sport i think the 26 till when ever. I like that its small and i want to see how it rides.

John

dmc456
09-22-2005, 08:27 AM

Your probably right, but I own both model and have racked up over 100 hours on the new 2006 COnvertible design.

Here are some picture of the "P.O.S." can do. I don't know, but my client like it.

dmc456
09-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Here is another picture from the Convertible.

dmc456
09-22-2005, 08:30 AM
The light weight design of the mower doesn't leave tire tracks like most ZTRs. Oh ya, I also use it as a powered wheel barrow and stack over 800lbs of stone on it when doing landscape work. I'm guessing the frame is stong enough for all those people who thing a ZTR needs to weigh 1,000+ lbs.

I have a 48" w. 23HP and it is so over powered it is amazing. I have yet to bog it down. I'll be first in line for the 60" with 28 EFI this fall.

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 09:08 AM
The light weight design of the mower doesn't leave tire tracks like most ZTRs. Oh ya, I also use it as a powered wheel barrow and stack over 800lbs of stone on it when doing landscape work. I'm guessing the frame is stong enough for all those people who thing a ZTR needs to weigh 1,000+ lbs.

I have a 48" w. 23HP and it is so over powered it is amazing. I have yet to bog it down. I'll be first in line for the 60" with 28 EFI this fall.

You might be second :waving: Did you have more trim side with the 48" then in the past.

John

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 09:10 AM
(Plus, I gotta play with that thing :cool2: )

The convertible??

John :waving:

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Heres a better pic

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
See the seat is lower, the engine is back more. Bigger muffler, bigger tires and they have a new way of supporting the deck. theres more but i got to go. OHH they will have demo units at the expo!!! try them :waving:

John

dmc456
09-22-2005, 09:45 AM
The 48" has almost no trim. Maybe 2-3" on the left side which is the way I like the 48". No scalping even when mowing ditches and really steep stuff. The 60" has pretty good trim and will get used 85% of the time due to the engine, speed, and size.

I'll keep my 48" for a trim mower only.

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
The 48" has almost no trim. Maybe 2-3" on the left side which is the way I like the 48". No scalping even when mowing ditches and really steep stuff. The 60" has pretty good trim and will get used 85% of the time due to the engine, speed, and size.

I'll keep my 48" for a trim mower only.

I want to put one in the back of a pick up. Do you think the 52" deck would fit??? And does the 52" deck still have the offset like it did in the past??

John

dmc456
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
The Stander and Convertible are both great machines, but the Convertible is more versitile, faster, and less fatigue when used all day. I sold my Stander this year once I knew the 2006 Convertible would be available. Until the 2006 model, the Convertible was only a great trim mower and an OK ZTR due to speed and comfort. There were better 60" ZTRs on the market, but the new design changed all that.

The Convertible can go more places as well and can mow very, very wet ground in the walk-behind mode.

The new design will rival any top end ZTR in the open and will dominate ANY walk-behind on the market on slopes and feel.

The controls are very smooth and the power is great.

Just try it at the EXPO. Nothing more to say.

dmc456
09-22-2005, 10:01 AM
I want to put one in the back of a pick up. Do you think the 52" deck would fit??? And does the 52" deck still have the offset like it did in the past??

John

52" tires are wider and yes it does still have trim, but it looked to be a little less do to the monster tires. I demoed the 52" you have pictured, and it barely fits in my 1500 Silverado. The tires are slightly wider than the fenders and the deck is definely wider than the fenders. It can be done because I did it for transport, but it wouldn't work for normaly operation, at least not in my truck.

The 48" will fit in a pick-up.

Why wouldn't you want to just use a trailer? Even just a 5x8 would be plenty. I'm going to have a 48" w/ 5x8 trailer behind my diesel Jetta for next season to do the few lawns that are not tight in the rought for my regular crew. My Jetta is tuned to 300 ft-lbs of torque and gets 30-34 pulling a trailer. Around town it gets 45 mpg and 52 mpgs @ 75mph on the highway. I might start using this setup more often with fuel prices.

Just 2 guys, 48" Convertible, trimmer & blower can easily gross $750-$1000 / day. Sure saves on fuel.

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Like i said charlie

A fast high powered walk behind. :waving:

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 10:11 AM
52" tires are wider and yes it does still have trim, but it looked to be a little less do to the monster tires. I demoed the 52" you have pictured, and it barely fits in my 1500 Silverado. The tires are slightly wider than the fenders and the deck is definely wider than the fenders. It can be done because I did it for transport, but it wouldn't work for normaly operation, at least not in my truck.

The 48" will fit in a pick-up.

Why wouldn't you want to just use a trailer? Even just a 5x8 would be plenty. I'm going to have a 48" w/ 5x8 trailer behind my diesel Jetta for next season to do the few lawns that are not tight in the rought for my regular crew. My Jetta is tuned to 300 ft-lbs of torque and gets 30-34 pulling a trailer. Around town it gets 45 mpg and 52 mpgs @ 75mph on the highway. I might start using this setup more often with fuel prices.

Just 2 guys, 48" Convertible, trimmer & blower can easily gross $750-$1000 / day. Sure saves on fuel.

I'm trying something new with out a trailer. it will be easy to store just the mower and easy to go threw the day with out the trailer. But like i said , its something that i want to try?

Did the 52" fit in your bed(or between the wheel wells)??
John

LightningLawns
09-22-2005, 03:17 PM
guess I was wrong, last I knew the convertible mower was pretty much homeowner grade. Looks like they did a lot of improvements on the machine. How is it getting out of the seat when your sitting down? Looks like that bar in front of you would get in the way.

John Gamba
09-22-2005, 03:23 PM
guess I was wrong, last I knew the convertible mower was pretty much homeowner grade. Looks like they did a lot of improvements on the machine. How is it getting out of the seat when your sitting down? Looks like that bar in front of you would get in the way.

You slide sidewards. I am going to demo the sentar sport with the 48" deck. That mower looks very good too.

John

ironhead
09-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I saw a convertible demo at a show a couple of weeks ago. The rep got off and switched from Z to walk behind without even shutting the PTO off. For the guys that have ran one- can you do that to all of them or did the demo unit have a defective seat switch or something? The rep stepped off the left side and pivoted to walk around the front to the right side and I thought his toes dissapeared under the deck. I was half expecting a scream and red spray out the discharge chute.

dmc456
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
There is no seat switch. Kinda hard to sit and walk at the same time.

The safety kill switch is on the control panel like on a jet-ski / waverunner. You are suposed to put it on your wrist, but oneone does.

It is really nice not having to turn the blades off when getting off to pick up trash and stuff. Really saves the life of the PTO clutch.

I don't know how you could get your foot under the deck without the mechine mowing? The blades are like 1" up from the bottom which helps with striping and the discharge is on the oposite side you dismount the machine.

Not turning the blades on and off saves a lot on wear and tear. I have about 2,000 hrs and 6yrs on my original clutch.

dmc456
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Did the 52" fit in your bed(or between the wheel wells)??
John

It fits in the bed, but not between the wheel wells. The deck and rear tires are too wide. I had to use a fork lift to put it in the truck. I don't think using a forklift to unload a mower on each job site is a viable option, but it saves on gas when your driving 250 miles one way to pick up a mower.

John Gamba
09-23-2005, 07:55 AM
It fits in the bed, but not between the wheel wells. The deck and rear tires are too wide. I had to use a fork lift to put it in the truck. I don't think using a forklift to unload a mower on each job site is a viable option, but it saves on gas when your driving 250 miles one way to pick up a mower. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

John Gamba
09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Has anybody had a sentar sport on hills??? I also found out that the motor is on the deck or when you change heights the engine goes up and down like the bigger sentar. has anybody had problems with this??

John

nitrotim
09-23-2005, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba]Has anybody had a sentar sport on hills??? I also found out that the motor is on the deck or when you change heights the engine goes up and down like the bigger sentar. has anybody had problems with this??

John, I haven't had mine on any big hills but it handles slopes pretty well. As far as the motor going up and down with the deck I had a problem once because the ground wire on the starter was loose so every time I put the deck down and engaged the blades it would quit. I traced it down and tightent the wire and haven't had any problems since.

John Gamba
09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba]Has anybody had a sentar sport on hills??? I also found out that the motor is on the deck or when you change heights the engine goes up and down like the bigger sentar. has anybody had problems with this??

John, I haven't had mine on any big hills but it handles slopes pretty well. As far as the motor going up and down with the deck I had a problem once because the ground wire on the starter was loose so every time I put the deck down and engaged the blades it would quit. I traced it down and tightent the wire and haven't had any problems since.

Thank You Tim :waving:

It seems to be a nice mower. I think i will have a demo next week on the 36 but i do need the 48" deck for what i need it for.

John

nitrotim
09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba][QUOTE=nitrotim]

It seems to be a nice mower. I think i will have a demo next week on the 36 but i do need the 48" deck for what i need it for.

John

Do you know what the designation is on the wright website for WSRH is? Could this be the rapid height adjustment model. I love my 36" sentar sport but if they come out with a 52" stander with a rapiod height adjustment I'm going to add this to the fleet. ha ha.

John Gamba
09-24-2005, 06:58 AM

John

Do you know what the designation is on the wright website for WSRH is? Could this be the rapid height adjustment model. I love my 36" sentar sport but if they come out with a 52" stander with a rapiod height adjustment I'm going to add this to the fleet. ha ha.

Yes that will be the new stander. its on the sentar sport frame. I think its limited to the 19 kaw and it will have no seat and taller controls.

John

John Gamba
09-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Tim

Do you know how high the sport is?? From the top of the controls to the ground.

John

nitrotim
09-24-2005, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba]Tim

John

I'll get you a measurement john. On the stander, have you seen the deck on the trim side yet. If its on the sentar sport frame I am worried that there will be to much deck overhang with scalping problems all over again>

John Gamba
09-24-2005, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=John Gamba]Tim

John

I'll get you a measurement john. On the stander, have you seen the deck on the trim side yet. If its on the sentar sport frame I am worried that there will be to much deck overhang with scalping problems all over again>

Thats what i hear? From what i can see on the brochure, the caster wheel on the 52 STANDER NOT SPORT was moved to the out side more. I think it will give you less trim side??? But it could be the pic??

John

nitrotim
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM

Thats what i hear? From what i can see on the brochure, the caster wheel on the 52 STANDER NOT SPORT was moved to the out side more. I think it will give you less trim side??? But it could be the pic??

John
The height at the top of the controls on Sentar Sport from ground is right at 42" s.

John Gamba
09-26-2005, 07:29 AM

John
The height at the top of the controls on Sentar Sport from ground is right at 42" s.

COOL!!! thanks Tim

John

brucec32
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
I've always thought the convertible mower was a great idea that just needed some impovements.

Any idea if it mulches and if it does, any good? It would be useful to have a mower around that could handle wet turf when needed while also handling wide areas and allow the operator to sit down.

John Gamba
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
I've always thought the convertible mower was a great idea that just needed some impovements.

Any idea if it mulches and if it does, any good? It would be useful to have a mower around that could handle wet turf when needed while also handling wide areas and allow the operator to sit down.

I have no idea on the mulching.

John

LightningLawns
09-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the 52 stander rapid hite model yet?

LightningLawns
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
still no pics?

Itsgottobegreen
09-29-2005, 02:04 AM
sorry no. But a sales rep spilled the beans to me. They are going to show off the new standers in 2 weeks. So pics will be around then. I am not saying anything until I see it in person myself.

brucec32
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
What are the advantages of standing vs. sitting that make the standup only model superior to the sentar sport? Performance on slopes?

nitrotim
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
What are the advantages of standing vs. sitting that make the standup only model superior to the sentar sport? Performance on slopes?

Well I am hoping that on the stander with the rapid height adjustment they fixed the problem of to much trimside deck sticking out which caused alot of scalping. I sit sometimes on my 36 sport but most of the time I stand because I get a better view of things and yes its easier to shift your weight on slopes standing.

dbrockner
09-30-2005, 08:51 PM
WRIGHTS NEW RAPID HIEGHT IS AWESOME. THEY COME IN A 36 17HP KAW ELECTRIC START, A 48 19HP KAWI ELEC AND A 52 19KAW ELEC. wITH THE SMOOTH OPERATION OF THE HYDROS AND THE IMPROVED DECK DESIGN, YOU ARE GETTING MORE OF THOSE 19 PONIES GOING TO BLADE TIP SPEED.
ALL I CAN SAY IS DEMO ONE.

LightningLawns
09-30-2005, 11:42 PM
have you demoed one? Take some pictures of the thing for us will ya?

brucec32
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM
More questions:

1. Will 19hp be enough for a 52" deck?
2. Does 52" have a trim side anti-scalp wheel? I worry about cutting Bermuda at low heights w/o one. My toro 44 w/o one is unusable on them due to scalping.

MacLawnCo
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
More questions:

1. Will 19hp be enough for a 52" deck?
Yes, it will do fine.

RonB
10-01-2005, 10:04 PM
a couple pics on the wright site

VnDrWLawnCare
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I cant wait to see these standers with rapid height. Very interested in them, but concerned about a couple of things.
1. How is the comfort for a tall person 6'2 - 6'3. What i mean is the positioning of the controls, too high too low?
2. Currently have a DC and a WB. Found the DC with 50" cut to be overkill for many lawns the 48" WB worked wonders on. In your opinion will a 48 or 52 stander be a good replacement, to stop the walking but make turning around and trimming ability easier. I think the DC was just too big for the job and had absolutely no trimming ability.
3. Is deck blowout a concern, seems to be a big problem on my WB with high lifts- a little less noticeable with gators?

I understand the RH feature is not out yet and certainly not been tested, but for those with standers, have these issues came up, and what are your thoughts.

Thanks
Also would like to see some closeups of machine and strips if anyone has some available.

PTP
10-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I have the pics. Hopefully this works - new at the picture thing.

brucec32
10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the pics and info. It's amazing that we can get more information from private individuals on this website than we can from Wright at theirs. They treat information on their products like it's state secrets. And it doesn't help that when I take the time to go down to one of their small dealerships here, they rarely have a wide selection. Who buys a mower they haven't even seen a photo of yet?

It'll be interesting to hear from actual users if they were able to keep the positive attributes of the machines with the changes made.