PDA

View Full Version : Extremely unsafe mowing practice...

GTLC
09-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Ok I am driving past the firehouse today in town and I see this mowing guy across the street, not even a real LCO b/c all he does is mow with his one Z-master, he doesnt trim, blow, anything, just sits and mows. Then I notice he has his liek 8-year old kid sitting on his feet on the foot platform with his head sticking forward like hes on a crotch rocket. About 6" in front of the deck. I just fear for that kids safety as it seems his father doesn't have any sense of safety for his children.

Appalachian landscape
09-20-2005, 06:08 PM
ever hear of natural selection?

Brianslawn
09-20-2005, 06:26 PM

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:nono:

TURFLORD
09-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Nicely said. :D :D :D

Itsgottobegreen
09-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I would have gotten out of the truck at beat the **** out of that guy. That is just plain stupit. I know my dad did that with me. But it was on a garden tractor with me in his lap. I stop everyone nowdays and tell them how dumb that is.

GTLC
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
I mean this kid was like leaning over in front of the deck the whole time, one accidental move with his leg, arms, head, he would have lost some body parts.

Luckily as far as I know he was lucky and nothing happened.

K.Carothers
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
What? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of. You should of jumped out of your truck and handed the kid a trimmer ;)

QualityLawnCare4u
09-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Peoples stupidity ceases to amaze me. Who the heck in their right mind would let a kid hang over the front of a z?

DBL
09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
some bumps nearly throw me out of the seat...that same bump would have turned into throwing the kid off and him being a bump

chadwhick
09-21-2005, 09:49 PM
well...if you are going to be stupid you better be tuff.

Jason Rose
09-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I see that all too frequently here. Once saw an LCO I know spraying weeds in the lawn with a BP sprayer and his 2 boys, that are i'd guess 3 and 5 maybe, were just milling about the lawn. Surely he had them off the area he had already sprayed, but still....

The other dumbazz I saw had his son, looked to be around 4 or so, riding in his lap while mowing a lawn at a customers house! They were just going back and forth and under the trees and mowing away.

Oh yeah, how many of us back in the day, used to ride with grandpa or dad on the riding mower?

pgiambat
09-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Next time... go ask the guy to let you trade places with him and have him go across the street and watch you drive his kid around on the front of that thing.

Another thing... If you feel that someone is in immediate danger you can always call that police. They are there to protect and serve (cliche I know), if they show up and there is no problem... no problem. If there is a problem, the guy will account for it.

topsites
09-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Now the dumbest thing I ever saw was dad letting his kid WATCH him fuel the car (IMAGINE a small kid standing, now picture roughly WHERE the HEAD is going to be in relation to the filler hole on a car) and when the car got FULL of fuel the hose cut off but not before a splash of fuel shot back out of the filler hole and next thing you know, they were using the emergency eye-rinse station as the fuel had shot right in the kid's face...

Varsity L&G
09-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Now the dumbest thing I ever saw was dad letting his kid WATCH him fuel the car (IMAGINE a small kid standing, now picture roughly WHERE the HEAD is going to be in relation to the filler hole on a car) and when the car got FULL of fuel the hose cut off but not before a splash of fuel shot back out of the filler hole and next thing you know, they were using the emergency eye-rinse station as the fuel had shot right in the kid's face...

That burns! I had that happen once with Throttle body cleaner. I sprayed it in one nozzle and guess were it came out? The one that would have it going right in my eye. I thought for sure I was going to be blind for life. I was alone and managed to find my way back to my apartment steps, up them, in the apartment and into the bathroom for about the next 45 minutes. Had never felt anything like that in my life!

UNTILL!

You would think I would learn form that mistake, last year I was in the ER at 3am from using a cutting torch on a bad weld with out goggles on and the weld exploded in my eye. I have now learned and for the most part now wear safety goggles in my shop, still forget sometimes when whacking but soon as I get something in my eye I remember that one real fast.

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
What? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of. You should of jumped out of your truck and handed the kid a trimmer ;)

Bingo.......here's some goggles...got your boots, pants, and long sleeves on? Good, now take this weedeater and go watch some serious grass eating! :D
..........kid would love it, and be safe!

Dennis

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Next time... go ask the guy to let you trade places with him and have him go across the street and watch you drive his kid around on the front of that thing.

Another thing... If you feel that someone is in immediate danger you can always call that police. They are there to protect and serve (cliche I know), if they show up and there is no problem... no problem. If there is a problem, the guy will account for it.

..........child endangerment. I think that child endangerment is actually a felony !?! It'd be real hard not to have cracked the moron across the head before the police got there though, if I actually saw what I'm picturing in my head.

Pops never let me ride on the lawn tractor with him....but stupid enough to throw me on his lap while scooting around the neighborhood on a moped when I was 4-5years old.......... :dizzy:

jtrice11
09-22-2005, 06:31 PM

haha! beautiful.

surfisher211
09-24-2005, 01:53 PM
LOL its funny as i started to read this post i was wondering where u were from had to look lol i am and try to be as professional as i can be when cutting grass even if its my house well anyways i am a fire fighter and we have 4 fire stations that go to bid every year and usually the firefighters get first dibs on it . well i bid on it at the start of the year and i lost to a scrub contractor that is also a firefighter with me . well first off he works with a 2005 f350 pick up truck his lawn mower is a 1967 scag lol (not sure it may be older) his trailer is rusted and the mower barley fits on it. so i was a little pissed off that he started off this year and pretty much cut my throat , so about 2 weeks after school was out i go to a call i saw his truck at the fire house i pull the truck out of the house and sit on the driveway waiting for a crew and i see him on the truck and his lawn mower passing in front with his 11 yr old kid at the controls ! i was a little worried about liability issue's god forbid something happens to him (the kid) or if he hurt someone else . so the call was bs and we were back in the station within 5 minutes. i go out and look at the horrible looking fresh cut grass! my first thought was Stevie wonder could have cut it better . so i leave and happen to pass the fire house a week or so latter and there he is cutting the grass and his son now on a edger, his wife on a weed whacker , and his new born in the truck sleeping in his car seat , with the windows 1/2 rolled down.. i went off the deep end and went to our fire commissioner's and told them what has been going on so to make a long story short they fired him from cutting the grass there and now i am doing it and getting lots of complements . but the biggest concern was the well being of the children! there place is on a playground not on lawn mowers!

MDScpr
09-27-2005, 08:02 PM
haha, i know itsgottobegreen and he couldnt beat a four year old up, especially since he has his mom mowing with him which i have pics of that ill post lata on, hahaha keep dreaming itsgottobgreen :dizzy:

Tony1045
09-28-2005, 03:06 PM
You need a license to fish, hunt and drive a vehicle. I say, you should need to have a license to have children!!! Just my 2-cents.