PDA

View Full Version : Contract proposal questions...

lawncutterupper
09-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Ok, here is the scenerio. I mow the lawns and common area of an over 55 adult community. The grounds manager asked me to come up with an estimate for lawn maintenence for him to propose to buyers of these new homes. Would I be better off giving them a week to week estimate, or would a monthly package be a better move. These homes are $300,000 to start, in a top 20 places to live in the country, and are all brand new and built to suit. Right now all my residential accounts are week to week, but i have found that during the late summer and rgiht now that I can only mow every 10-14 days and have not been bringing in the money i should be, but i am afraid of turning off potential customers with a monthly rate. Im kinda new to the business so any help will be greatly apreciated, thank you.

NickN
09-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Here's my humble opinion.....Once you get over $100,you hit a mental roadblock.So,you don't want to advertise "ONLY $175.00 per Month!"
If you can charge $99 per month,go with the monthly price.$99 doesn't "sound" like alot.
If your prices are going to be higher per month,go with the weekly price,as in "ONLY $35 per Week!"

lawncutterupper
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
I'll be able to do 4 lawns an hour solo, 6 with help, so i was thinking about $20 a lawn, maybe $79.00 a month........

jbell113
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Ok, here is the scenerio. I mow the lawns and common area of an over 55 adult community. The grounds manager asked me to come up with an estimate for lawn maintenence for him to propose to buyers of these new homes. Would I be better off giving them a week to week estimate, or would a monthly package be a better move. These homes are $300,000 to start, in a top 20 places to live in the country, and are all brand new and built to suit. Right now all my residential accounts are week to week, but i have found that during the late summer and rgiht now that I can only mow every 10-14 days and have not been bringing in the money i should be, but i am afraid of turning off potential customers with a monthly rate. Im kinda new to the business so any help will be greatly apreciated, thank you.

You need to have signed contracts for a set price each month and a monthly invoicing system. With a one year contract (that states how often you come out each month ) you know how much your going to make every month and the customer knows how often your going to come out each month. The week to week thing stinks from my experience....people used to leave checks under door mats or in a mail box full of mail and thats just not a professional way to do business.

NickN
09-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Are you going to be cutting all year or just during certain months?
If just during certain months,you can lower your "billing price" by figuring in the number of cuts,divided by 12 months.Then bill them monthly with a binding contract with no cancellation clause.So 8 months x 80.00 per month would total $640 per year.Divide $640 by 12 and your monthly bill will be $53.35.
Now you can advertise your price as $53.35 per month.