PDA

View Full Version : Another bee story!

mcwlandscaping
09-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, i thought i wasn't gonna get stung this season for some reason! All summer i thought about how i had avoided getting stung. I thought it would be on the job that i would get stung but I was kinda on the job but more not!

Anyway, i mow the lawn right next to our house. Today my dad and i were out playing frisbe and one of the long bomb throws went into there yard. I kinda dove for it and landed stretched out onto the ground. Within seconds i started feeling sharp pains all over my body. I knew what it was and took off! Got stung 4 times! Two on left leg, one on right leg and once in the a**!

Well, just wanted to share this story with all you! Oh, then after my dad and i went hunting for the nest, smart move! but fun!!! Have a good rest of the week guys!

TURFLORD
09-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Makes you wish you had some Blockbusters left over from July 4th.

DBL
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
ever since i had that bee go in my ear mowing one day i cringe everytime i see one

NNJLandman
09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
We were working on a paver job a ways away couple weeks ago. Lady comes out in the morning before she leaves for work to give us all cans of iced tea. I saved mine for lunch other kid opens his drinks some puts it on the steps...we work work work, kid grabs his drink goes to drink it and along with the drink enter three bees, stinging him numerous times in the mouth....boy did he scream. I woulda too. Within mins. kids mouth is huge, i said get your ass in the truck go to the hospital, a guy on the way with more supplies was right up the road so i road with the kid, til we got to the other guy, switched spots and off went the truck and i went back. Anyways long story short the kid took the truck with half the stuff we needed so that job made little progress for a few hours oh well. Hes alright now. He has the worest of luck, always getting poison ivy, stung...etc.

Jeff

dcondon
09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I have been stung 11 times this year, most ever!!!! Everytime I get stung I have to give myself a shot to stay alive. We have go through around 16 cans of hornet spray this year :angry:

topsites
09-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I find it MOST interesting that as a young child, I was NEVER allergic to bee stings but in my early teens, sure enough I developed an allergy which lasted maybe 20 years...
Only a few years ago it disappeared, so it really DOES come and go, weird as it may sound.

Still, allergic or NOT you need to monitor yourself for a bit after the sting as I know if you get stung a LOT it can kill you, allergy or not.

Soupy
09-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Saturday I was trimming a ditch and stirred some bee's and they started attacking me. I ran about 100 ft and stopped and there were 10 or so still on my shirt.

Today I was trimming at a different location and got stung again.

I actually tell customers who think our price is high that this includes pain and suffering :p

SouthernYankee
09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Hornets....Every yard I go to has the same hornets, in the same type of bushes. I really hate hornets....hate them.....

Kaskov
09-21-2005, 04:49 AM
I wish i could torture those f-ing things. They follow me all the time and drive me crazy.

PMLAWN
09-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Wife works for a facilities management company that handles a huge energy firm down here. One of their contractors on a Z hit a nest. Another guy with a trimmer went to help. Got stung so many times that he died. :angel:
Be very careful around the bees and hornets.