PDA

View Full Version : another new (used) truck deal

Metro Lawn
09-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I posted a pic of the 96 we bought last week. I bought this off eBay yesterday. 1990 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, 360, auto, 88,000 miles. Pretty clean truck. New paint a year ago. Was a local repo tow truck. Bought it for $3000, sold the towing unit today for 1800.00. Truck cost $1200. Can't beat a deal like that. I know "itsgottobegreen" will have something to say about though..lol Will post pics this weekend after it's lettered.

ps sorry about the pic, took it in the dark

topsites
09-20-2005, 11:11 PM
That's funny, other than for the dents (MY truck has a few) it looks exactly like my '86 D-250, and yes it is very nice your truck :-)
Considering the running lights, you sure it is not a D-350? Not to say you can't put them on a 250 but around here only the 350's are required to have them AND the roof is pre-fitted for the holes already. That and the D-250 I have is a 318 engine, the 360 is available but few have them so VERY nice regardless of model.

Brianslawn
09-20-2005, 11:22 PM
8 lug topsites...arent those usually 3/4 ton?

efaubert1
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
8 lug topsites...arent those usually 3/4 ton?

3/4 and 1 tons are both 8 lugs Brian. By the way, nice truck

Metro Lawn
09-21-2005, 05:15 PM
cab markers are an option, I have 3/4s both with them and without. I like them myself, wish they all had them.

RedWingsDet
09-21-2005, 05:55 PM
John, It seems like every time im on here you have a new truck. LOL. thats a sweet truck though. May I ask why your getting these and selling the other ones?

Metro Lawn
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Mark, we are adding 2 more lawn routes and another spray route next season. The other trucks are great for plowing (mostly at night), but aren't that pretty to be running around during the day. I would rather have decent looking trucks doing work during the day. As I find good deals, I will continue to replace the ugly plow trucks with pretty ones...lol

RedWingsDet
09-21-2005, 08:25 PM
John, right on, nothing wrong with that. I'd love to take that black truck off your hands, but theres no room in our driveway for it, so if I bought it, my bro would be ticked off as in having to move more more truck out of the way when he has to leave for work :( Hopefully I can get the garage cleaned out and make some room and I'll see what I can do.

Metro Lawn
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
I might have to keep these old trucks too. Found out today that we will most likely get 8 large retail mall stores for plowing. If we do, we will need all 14 trucks and a few subs to handle our existing work plus these.

RedWingsDet
09-22-2005, 07:29 PM
wow thats sweet. what stores are they if you dont mind my nosey arse asking?

Metro Lawn
09-22-2005, 07:59 PM
wow thats sweet. what stores are they if you dont mind my nosey arse asking?

Not that I worry about you, but I would rather not say until I have a signed contract next week. I don't want to say something and I end up losing it, and have someone throw it in my face. Bids are still being taken through next week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was told today that they liked our bid the best so far, but you never know.

RedWingsDet
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Not that I worry about you, but I would rather not say until I have a signed contract next week. I don't want to say something and I end up losing it, and have someone throw it in my face. Bids are still being taken through next week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was told today that they liked our bid the best so far, but you never know.

right on. ya, we both know I dont have the equipment to take care of something that big anyway, but im sure some people in our area that surf this site do. lol...

but hey, good luck and come winter time, if you need a hand, you know my number

RedWingsDet
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM

right on. ya, we both know I dont have the equipment to take care of something that big anyway, but im sure some people in our area that surf this site do. lol...

but hey, good luck with the bid and come winter time, if you need a hand, you know my number

jblawns123
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Cool, nice deal. Tough old trucks they are. I personally can't stand the sound of the starter and the sloppy steering. But all manufacturers have their quirks.

Metro Lawn
09-23-2005, 09:58 AM
The newer trucks have the high-torque mini starter which does not sound like the old fashioned slant six stater. The steering on most of these is awesome. Only my 85 is sloppy.

Metro Lawn
09-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Lettering installed today. Ready for work on Monday.

proenterprises
09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Looks nice after the lettering.

RedWingsDet
09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I bet your gf is loving those oil spots. lol. looks good John.

Jpocket
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
thats one tough A*s looking truck dude

Metro Lawn
09-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I bet your gf is loving those oil spots. lol. looks good John.

Mark, most of the oil spots are from her car..lol I have to replace 5 slabs of her driveway anyway. I parked our 5 yd dump loaded with salt in it last year and cracked them..lol

RedWingsDet
09-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Mark, most of the oil spots are from her car..lol I have to replace 5 slabs of her driveway anyway. I parked our 5 yd dump loaded with salt in it last year and cracked them..lol

im just giving you a hard time. lol. But for real, that truck looks killer. Reminds me of my dakota, and hulk hogan, and mickie d's. lol :)

today on my way home from my buddys house, I saw a sweeping company, called Metro Sweeping. Is that one of your trucks?

Lawnworks
09-25-2005, 01:32 AM
I might have to keep these old trucks too. Found out today that we will most likely get 8 large retail mall stores for plowing. If we do, we will need all 14 trucks and a few subs to handle our existing work plus these.

Wow how many lawn crews do you have? How many plow crews? You must have a full time mechanic!

Metro Lawn
09-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Wow how many lawn crews do you have? How many plow crews? You must have a full time mechanic!

In the spring and during clean ups we run 5 lawn crews. This summer being dry, we are running 3 with the same manpower to cover the routes. Saves on fuel & wear on trucks. We have 14 plow trucks and about a dozen subs. My brother-in-law is a full time mechanic for a large LCO. He works on our stuff at night and we farm some out to a local shop.

FrankenScagMachines
09-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Thats a great looking truck! If you can't tell I'm kinda a Dodge guy too. I just got me another one, '79 club cab 4x4... check it out i'm posting pics of it right now.

Eric

Metro Lawn
09-27-2005, 09:04 PM
im just giving you a hard time. lol. But for real, that truck looks killer. Reminds me of my dakota, and hulk hogan, and mickie d's. lol :)

today on my way home from my buddys house, I saw a sweeping company, called Metro Sweeping. Is that one of your trucks?

You forgot "circus wagon" as my guys call it..lol

Metro Sweep is a company in Waterford, they also sell topsoil Metro Dirt. They are doing some other stuff including cutting under Metro Scape. Just a good name I guess!!!!

Metro Lawn
09-27-2005, 09:16 PM

You forgot "circus wagon" as my guys call it..lol

Metro Sweep is a company in Waterford, they also sell topsoil Metro Dirt. They are doing some other stuff including cutting under Metro Scape. Just a good name I guess!!!!

It came down like this. I had Metro Detroit and My brother had Metro Snow Plowing. When we went together, I also took Metro Lawn as not to confuse everyone and I just advertise under Metro with our distinctive M*E*T*R*O.

Metro Lawn
10-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Follow up. Truck on the job.

Metro Lawn
10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
(itsgottobegreen) Did I slip this one by you..lol?