PDA

View Full Version : perm-a-green magnum tank screen clogging

ant
09-20-2005, 09:08 PM
i started to spray tal star out of my magnum and it seems like the strainer screen clog's with gray scum. i thought it was the old talstar but i opened a new gallon and it does the same. :realmad:

philk17088
09-20-2005, 09:11 PM
i started to spray tal star out of my magnum and it seems like the strainer screen clog's with gray scum. i thought it was the old talstar but i opened a new gallon and it does the same. :realmad:
How 's the pH of your water? Hard water maybe causing some of the material to precipitate out of solution.
Just a thought?
Are you using a spreader-sticker? If so maybe it is clogging it.

ant
09-20-2005, 09:42 PM
thanks i used water from the shop and on the job and still the same..

philk: were in pa are you?
ant

zmowing
05-16-2010, 08:20 PM
adding liquid fertilizer will cause this.

RigglePLC
05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Complain to your dealer. Record the batch numbers off the bottle. Find out the temp of your water--is it really cold? pH off? Rinse the tank and system thoroughly, and clean the filter in the nozzle. You could try to mix it better. Let it run a few minutes before starting to spray. Use a battery operated drill and a paint stirring propeller.

indyturf
05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
hmmmm I have sprayed Talstar out of my PG's with no problems.

CHARLES CUE
05-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Are you running some thing else in the tank with it just mixing talstar with water i would think would make it separate out some thing like herbicide anti foaming agent ?
Charles Cue

RigglePLC
05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Did you let the Talstar freeze over the winter? Did your dealer or his trucker let it freeze? Does it appear or smell different from a new batch or fresh bottle? allow a few drops to dry on paper--do you see crystals?

Remove filter from Permagreen and clean it thoroughly--wear gloves.

tdkx
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Stop pouring it in so fast while the machine is running. Take a few minutes to dilute the concentrate into a mixture that can be added to the spray tank. Stop, and THINK.