PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer vs boxtruck

bigviclbi
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Who has what? I think I am going to get a boxtruck before a large trailer due to the fact I can use it for other things, its bigger and will be less cluttered. Any thoughts?

mbella
09-21-2005, 11:58 AM
We're using a 16' enclosed trailer and luvin it. I want another one.

MarcusLndscp
09-21-2005, 08:59 PM
We opted for the trailer route due to the fact that we could not plow with a box van/truck. If you're in an area with less snow no big deal. Also the trailer can be left on jobs sites where there is room and the safety to do so. Now a benefit to a box van we had was that if we were in a location with no water source for mixing mortar etc we had two 250 gallon tanks mounted on the floor in the front of the box that was powered with an electric pump that went to a standard garden hose and could be filled from a hydrant or a hook up we had at our shop. Some of you might be saying when the hell would you not be near water but when you live in the sticks of new england sometimes you just aren't near a spigot

NNJLandman
09-21-2005, 09:26 PM
For our hardscape division we use a Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 8' Utility Body. Its great, we can store all our tools(chisels, string, levels, spikes for edging, cap clue etc) right inside, we have a ladder rack so we can strap the edging, screeds, or pipes for paver leveling on top. We can throw hand tools, tampers, shovels, rakes, etc in the middle. We can also keep our demo saw inside to. Its perfect, all the doors have a lock system, saves on unloading and what not. Truck can pull a trailer as well so it turned out to be perfect and fit out needs.

Jeff

mbella
09-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Jeff, we utilize a utility body truck as well, but we couldn't possibly fit all of the tools we have in the trailer inside of the utility boxes.

cgland
09-21-2005, 10:04 PM
We use a 14' enclosed trailer(not big enough) we are getting a 20' enclosed next year. We use ours as a huge rolling billboard that sits on site as we are working. The insurances and registration on a truck are much higher than a trailer too.

Chris

PAPS Landscape Design
09-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Trailers are the only way to go. Leave them on-site and you're set. With the high costs of fuel, insurance, repairs... its a no brainer.. + you need a guy to drive that box truck back and forth everyday.

Lawn-Scapes
09-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey guys.. I was approached today by a gentleman that was working across the street and asked if I would be interested in his enclosed trailer. I told him it was too big for me but I told him I might be able to find someone (you guys). So I snapped a few pics. I find this thread with a few of you talking about getting a trailer. Coincidence?

Anyway.. I'm not trying to sell this trailer or make a dime on it. Just trying to help my fellow lawnsite buds with what seems to be a nice trailer at a very good price?

It's a 1998 8x20 Carmate with 8 foot ceiling. Rated 12,000 lbs. Electric jack. He said he's looking to get $3000. I have his contact info if interested.