PDA

View Full Version : 32 or 36?

angnak
09-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I am looking at a 32" and 36" Toro WB. 32 is cheaper and I know for sure I can get them in the back yard. 36 is only a couple hundred more but might not fit in the back yards since it is slightly over 36". Also, 32 is one blade and doesn't a single blade cut better? 32" comes with a mulching kit and 36" mulching kit is about 100 more. What do you guys think?

mcwlandscaping
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
The 36 should fit into most if not all gates. If you have doubts, go measure them! And the few gates that you may not be able to get into just use a 21". The amount of time you save by having the 36 over the 32 (not too much i would guess) will make up for the few times you'll need to use a 21 in a backyard. Good Luck

QualityLawnCare4u
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
I wanted to throw in my .02. I had a 48 and got rid of it and now only have 2 60s. I wished every day that I had the 48 back. There is not a big difference in 32 verses 36 as far as saved time goes(I did have a chart for that but don't know where it is). Like the above poster said, measure your gates. However, what will happen next week when you pick up a new yard that has a gate 33 or 34 wide. Big is not always better and I can vouch for that. Using a 21 (shudder) does not excite me at all. If you are doing a lot of residential I would go with the 32 because you never know what you will encounter on each yard. I have some now that actually take me longer with the 60 than the 48 did because of all the extra weed eating and I have 2 that I have to take my small rider to get thru the gates with.

oldturf
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
The single blade 32" Toro cuts great and leaves a beautiful cut if used as a mulching mower and it has plenty of hp. I have one and love it for this type of cut and it is great for mulching leaves. It is simple and fast to set cutting height. But! That single blade will bend if you hit something and you throw away an expensive blade. This is not a problem on nice lawns that are well maintained and you want a good cut. It has a removable side discharge chute that has a bar across the bottom of the opening and this greatly restricts the ability to discharge in heavy grass. The mower will cut very heavy grass without bogging down except that the discharge chute will keep clogging up. Like I said it is a great mower for nice lawns. If you want a better all around cutting mower for rougher situations then the 32" twin blade fixed deck or the 36" twin blade fixed deck would be a probable better choice. Keep in mind that these fixed deck mowers are considerably harder to adjust the deck height on but are more robust mowers. I like my single blade for what I use it for but a lot of people do not like bending those blades, you have to watch what your doing.

Brianj
09-21-2005, 08:44 PM
i have a 32 and 37 toro, i rarely carry 37, cause i have 4 yards that need it. and 37 is not that much faster. 32 will fit in all gates.look for it used, i got mine for 700 and paid 3500 for 37