PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Me work when i am bored.

firstclasslawncareandplow
09-21-2005, 08:04 PM
This is what I did to my parents lawn when i was bored. It was done with an exmark z 60" with a striping kit.

lawnmaniac883
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Lookin good, wish I could stripe like that.

mcwlandscaping
09-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Thats cool, I wish i had a lawn that nice to do that on!

09-21-2005, 08:09 PM
What makes you think that you can't do this?

N.H.BOY
09-21-2005, 08:14 PM
looks cool man , some of our grass up here aren't that green this time of year. Slowin down

AintNoFun
09-21-2005, 08:16 PM
pretty cool pattern, how the hell do ya make it?

09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Thats a secret....nah, jk.......I started with the "swoop" I started in the middle, went all the way to one side of the lawn. Then i went back to the middle and "swooped" the oposite way to the other side of the lawn. Then I went back and Did the straight lines last.....and honestly this whole pattern took about 5 minutes longer to do then just a normal staright line pattern.

PS to anybody who says young kids are rookies and shouldn't be mowing and ....... like they always do...I'm 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
By the way.......the reason its still so green is wholesale fertalizer to my dad, and he has well water for the sprinklers so it hardly costs anything to water.

lawnmaniac883
09-21-2005, 08:28 PM
It isnt that I couldnt stripe if needed, down in florida, st.augustine doesnt stripe well. Plus, it is a rare find to see a lawn of that size down here, property is just too valuable.

09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
That is true......but with property value higher, you get the better paying customers too!

n2h20
09-21-2005, 08:55 PM
nice job./..

DBL
09-21-2005, 09:19 PM
very nice...thats craftmanship right there

wacamaster
09-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Should probably lay off the watering a bit.. looks like there's a couple wet spots.

09-21-2005, 09:43 PM
The problem is that we have had quite a bit of rain in the last few day....but your right, there was some wet spots

JTW
09-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Very nice!!!

grassyfras
09-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey I'm 19. I can mow too!

dcplace2004
09-21-2005, 11:46 PM
cause if they did not, you make it impossible for other LCOs as customers may expect this all the time for the same charge...it is like lowering the current market value, but with striping...pride only goes so far...

Mower For Less
09-22-2005, 12:05 AM
cause if they did not, you make it impossible for other LCOs as customers may expect this all the time for the same charge...it is like lowering the current market value, but with striping...pride only goes so far...

Are you trying to say that by striping his parents yard, he is making you look overpriced, or are you suggesting your quality is substandard??? :D

BTW, nice job, although I am surprised you didnt do the horizontals first to make the arcs stand out more.

Kevin

impactlandscaping
09-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Looks cool...David Mellor would be proud :D

mbricker
09-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Not only is it pretty cool, but also an advertising opportunity. Do you have a sign to stick in the ground by the street?

Of course, any prospective customers will have to be told "that is custom work and costs a little more than a regular mowing."

Good luck!

Varsity L&G
09-22-2005, 02:28 AM
This is what I did to my parents lawn when i was bored. It was done with an exmark z 60" with a striping kit.

What are those plants around the base of your tree's by the road? Can I get a close-up shot.

09-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Yes, I did actually put a sign in the front yard. I don't know what the plants are, when i get home I will ask my mother and get some shots for you
- jon

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 08:34 AM
It isnt that I couldnt stripe if needed, down in florida, st.augustine doesnt stripe well. Plus, it is a rare find to see a lawn of that size down here, property is just too valuable.

St Aug stripes great......I am not following you on that part. The lot sizes do make it more difficult....it's hard enough to cross-cut from week to week. The larger lots are further and fewer between down here.

Do two rings around a property, cut the section in half diagonally in the longest stretch you can, then work over to one side....going back and forth until the edge, go back to the middle and work your way out to the other edge. If that doesn't stand out, you can go over the same lines again faster with the deck down a quarter of an inch lower with the blades off or at the same height with them on. Thick and wet st. Aug is even more difficult to get it looking nice on the first pass anyways. I usually have to double cut the yards throughout the summer....so I always stripe. I cross-cut each week and move my wheel marks over 8 inches to either side to avoid rutting. They actually always stand out on whatever street I drive down....even it's on my way to mow them!

Nice stripe job by the way....if the vertical lines on either side of the X matched up....it'd be 'bout perfect.

Dennis

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 08:39 AM
PS to anybody who says young kids are rookies and shouldn't be mowing and ....... like they always do...I'm 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only 29 now, but you know what? :waving: I was at my prime in the grass cutting business(work-wise/physically) at 18-23. These are the years that you'll get the most yards cut in a days time. I'm always saying that I made the most money and did the most work when I was 22. I had two full time crews under me by that time.....but hey, maybe I shouldn't have been mowing huh? :rolleyes: Congrats...work hard, and you can grow a business better than most 30 or 40 year olds. :blob3:

09-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Those plants around the tree's are Hosta's....I will get you some pictures as soon as it quits raining around here

dcplace2004
09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
what I wanted to see...later...

lawnmaniac883
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
St Aug stripes great......I am not following you on that part. The lot sizes do make it more difficult....it's hard enough to cross-cut from week to week. The larger lots are further and fewer between down here.

Do two rings around a property, cut the section in half diagonally in the longest stretch you can, then work over to one side....going back and forth until the edge, go back to the middle and work your way out to the other edge. If that doesn't stand out, you can go over the same lines again faster with the deck down a quarter of an inch lower with the blades off or at the same height with them on. Thick and wet st. Aug is even more difficult to get it looking nice on the first pass anyways. I usually have to double cut the yards throughout the summer....so I always stripe. I cross-cut each week and move my wheel marks over 8 inches to either side to avoid rutting. They actually always stand out on whatever street I drive down....even it's on my way to mow them!

Nice stripe job by the way....if the vertical lines on either side of the X matched up....it'd be 'bout perfect.

Dennis

Dennis, I dun care who you are, you will never see St. Augustine stripe like in the picture. NEVER! I can see my wheel marks in the turf but that is about it.

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 04:15 PM
maybe not as "bright"....but I still think that it stripes pretty good.

Dennis

gorknoids
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM
The only striping I've seen around here was.......hell, nobody does that. Yet....
What'd your folks say?

09-23-2005, 09:03 AM
My parents loved it....the only problem that i have had is finding lawns that you can actually do that in!

westTNlawncare
09-23-2005, 11:39 PM
what type of grass is that

South Florida Lawns
09-24-2005, 01:04 AM
maybe not as "bright"....but I still think that it stripes pretty good.

Dennis

I'm not into making stripes, down here its just a waste of time for me. The results are not worth the effort if you know what I mean. I don't remember the last time I ran into a LCO that striped.