PDA

View Full Version : Bidding help please

firecapt13
09-21-2005, 09:12 PM
I am bidding a maintenance program at a fast food place in my area. i have a few how to questions if some of the more seasoned veterans could help with any advice.

1. they want a soil ph test done once per year to ensure proper fertilization. how do you do this test and what is normal charge for it.

2. testing of irrigation system. the manager told me to test it to ensure that proper spray pattern and direction are correct, also to reset cycle times as needed for seasonal changes.

3. fertilization program 5 applications per year to include pre and post emergent. also fertilization of bushes and shrubs. my question on this is what type of fertilizer and how do you apply it.

the reason for the questions is i really would like to land this account. I lost my last bid because they wanted to go with a company that provided the entire service and not sub any thing out.

Any help would be very helpful

ffemt1271
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
as far as the soil test-you will have to have a test kit, or take a sample to the agriculture extension office. you will have to know the cost to know what to charge

the irrigation system- if all they want is to adjust the patterns, thats easy, turn on the system and adjust them, then charge for your time--be sure to add in a clause for replacing broken heads(((some municipalities require a licensed plumber to work on sprinkler systems)))

Fertilization--when and what type depents on the type of grass-make sure you have a applicators license, then visit your local lesco service center and they should be able to hel;p you determine what you need to do.

daveintoledo
12-16-2005, 10:46 AM
when you study to take the test to become certified , you will learn what and when to apply

ed2hess
12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
This must be some upscale place...ph test?? On irrigation include a charge of around $25 three times a year to do the check. Then tell them how much it will be to correct he problems you find. Normally you put a charge per hour in the contract $50/hr. If you are going to sub it out check with your company. I doubt if anybody fertilizes a fast food resturant more than a couple times year. So don't put much money in for fertilize. Couple bags with pre-m will usually get it. And don't assume that you will make more mowing commerical than residential....at least not so in our area. Don't include mulch or flowers or trees or bush work unless they specify to put it in.

olderthandirt
12-16-2005, 07:44 PM
The trick in getting those kinda of commercial accounts is promise the world and only deliever the bare min thats required.