PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Reward?

Rebs
09-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has used Reward? I was looking for some feedback, good or bad, pros or cons.

I know you have to use it when tha lawn is completly dormant. And it will KILL anything that is green.

Any information would be helpful

Thanks

Dallas Turf
09-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Reward will burn any thing green that it comes in contact with. Plants with a well established root system will come back. It is great mixed with simazine during late winter to take poa and other winter grassy weeds out of bermuda.
It also gives a real fast burndown.

teeca
09-22-2005, 12:20 AM
i use it on a reguler basis for aquiatic weeds, i find it works best mixed w/ rodeo and a surfactant.. it does provide a very fast burn bown, and yes if there is extensive roots, it will not completly kill the plant, thats why i mix it w/ rodeo (round-up w/o the surfactant). i have not used it on a lawn or in landscape, cost to much $$, but if there is water nearby, better use reward, or you might float fish.

ArizPestWeed
09-22-2005, 01:42 AM
I give it to my kids when they are good

TforTexas
09-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I have used it mixed with roundup(prosecutor) for a quicker knockdown with non selective. It is diquat so roundup & reward basically ='s roundup Quick pro.
One time spraying roundup/reward mixture on an overgrown field with 6-7' sunflowers we were suprised by a sudden downpour. We ran across the street to a McDonalds to decide whether or not to call it a day. 15 minutes later the rain stopped, and we decided to go back to work. When we got there I was amazed to find that the sunflowers were already wilted and crispy brown! After only 15 mins, and in a pouring rain. At first I thought if it worked that quick it killed the plant before it had a chance to translocate the round up, but they never came back. I was convinced!