PDA

View Full Version : compost tea

docs
09-21-2005, 09:48 PM
#1 anybody using it?
#2 how much would you pay if you could buy it?
#3what would you charge your customer to apply?
thanks

NattyLawn
09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
1. It's not used too much on the lawn end where I work, but I did use it on a few lawns with red thread and summer patch. Stopped the spread of the disease. In the fall, it's mixed with a cocktail of other organic ingredients and marketed as a fall liquid aeration.

2. If I could buy it? It's brewed on site.

3. Charge for apps is something you would have to figure out after costs. Charge as a top dressing, soil amendment, etc.

Do you know that the tea will only last, give or take 4 hours without oxygen?

nocutting
09-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Hi, compost teas are no-longer a dream, avalible are dry-pks that you can mix on your site add the air / & sugar to activate the mix.......if any of you are intrested send me a message, we have a very small distrubution network in Long Island and in Michigan [ We make everything ourselves and have been usein it for over 20 yrs on our own customers],,,,,,,,,,sure beats the cost, buyin from the chemical guys? :) :angel: :alien:

ed2hess
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
We started making it with a 7 gallon container and use it on all our flower beds at commericial sites. I also used it on my lawn and trees at my house, and I think this is a long term process. I did see worms in the flower beds this year and haven't seen that for awhile. We also are using it on compacted islands in parking lots as experiment.