PDA

View Full Version : Getting exmark on trailer

Mortymower
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I have had an exmark lazer hp 48 for a while and i just bought a 6X12 tandem trailer. When i pull the exmark on the bag drags so i have to go up the ramp at a 45 degree angle to avoid this. the deck also scrapes the joint between trailer and gate. Is this just going to happen or is there any quick way to pervent. I am pulling with a standard height 1994 silverado 1500.

Bulletproof
09-21-2005, 10:43 PM
We have a 48" lazer z hp as well and this can occur in certain areas depending on the level of the concrete, driveway or whatever you're parked over.

I'm assuming that you have your deck up when going on the trailer.. one thing I do is put my foot on the deck-assist foot lever thing (yes, i don't know the name) and that'll give you another inch or two of clearance.

I don't know if that will help...hopefully. A quick note, DO NOT try to get onto the trailer with the bags full, even if you have the exmark weight plate on the front of your machine, you will catwalk onto your trailer...not good.

wacamaster
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Try backing it up the trailer.

DLS1
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Raise the deck as high as it will go and drive slowly up on the trailer. I have the same problem sometimes with my Hustler ZTR. I add two small pieces of 2X4 wood under the end of the gate when it is on the ground to get a better angle so the ztr doesn't drag.

Metro Lawn
09-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Try raising your towing height. If you can flip your reciever over, ect. and gain a few inches, this will decrease the load angle and should cure the problem.

JTW
09-21-2005, 11:15 PM
See if you can get a longer gate on the trailer??

WarEagleCRL
09-21-2005, 11:25 PM
do what metro said. That's what helped me

GrassBustersLawn
09-22-2005, 12:46 AM
I put a 2x4 under the bottom lip of the trailer gate. Drill a couple of holes thru the metal & thru the wood. This raises the bottom of the ramp up a couple of inches, which makes a BIG difference in the ANGLE of the gate where it meets the trailer!

Mike

Maitland Man
09-22-2005, 01:14 PM
tow hitch trick....works everytime!

Dennis

twindiddy
09-22-2005, 03:40 PM
I put a 2x4 under the bottom lip of the trailer gate. Drill a couple of holes thru the metal & thru the wood. This raises the bottom of the ramp up a couple of inches, which makes a BIG difference in the ANGLE of the gate where it meets the trailer!

Mike

right now we're just sliding a 1' long 2x4 under the gate. it's not attached or anything. i've been thinking about just welding two extensions on each side of the gate to fix the problem.

CamLand
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Enter or exit the gates at an angle and it shouldn't do that.I have trouble with my ZTR's and Walks doing the same thing...

grass_cuttin_fool
09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
The hinge for my rear gate is actually above the deck of my trailer. I guess when the trailer is made they figure some one is going to haul a car or tractor on it.
Since ive had 2 weeks down time because of the drought, I cut the rear gate and hinges of the trailer and lowered the hinges so that they are below the deck and gate. It took me most of the day to do it but I wasnt in a hurry either. Now my mower decks dont drag the back of the trailer going on or coming off