PDA

View Full Version : Bid Question

jtkplc
09-22-2005, 09:09 AM
The condo's I cut this year want 2 bids for next year, one normal, where I use any equipment I want, and the second, where I only use my 36" walkbehind. They water every single day and the ground is very wet, always. There isn't much I can do about the few places that get torn up.

Right now with what I cut it takes about 2 hours with my 260Z. There are 23 units of 2 homes per unit for a total of 46 homes. Around all of the backs of the homes, there are bigger open areas.

This place takes me about 8 hours to cut, trim, and blow. My bid for normal cutting was going to be $450-500 a cut, haven't quite decided. I was going to make the other bid pretty steep, mainly because I don't want to have to do it that way, but if they are willing to pay the high price, then I would still do it. On paper, using my walkbehind would only add about another hour of mowing time, based on the fact that a 36" deck is 60% of a 60" deck. My question is how much more should I bid for using my 36" walkbehind?

olderthandirt
09-22-2005, 09:16 AM
If you really don't want to use the 36" there is no limit. Double the price $900-1k at least if you get it you won't mind doing it.

stumper1620
09-22-2005, 09:59 PM
The condo's I cut this year want 2 bids for next year, one normal, where I use any equipment I want, and the second, where I only use my 36" walkbehind. They water every single day and the ground is very wet, always. There isn't much I can do about the few places that get torn up.

Right now with what I cut it takes about 2 hours with my 260Z. There are 23 units of 2 homes per unit for a total of 46 homes. Around all of the backs of the homes, there are bigger open areas.

This place takes me about 8 hours to cut, trim, and blow. My bid for normal cutting was going to be $450-500 a cut, haven't quite decided. I was going to make the other bid pretty steep, mainly because I don't want to have to do it that way, but if they are willing to pay the high price, then I would still do it. On paper, using my walkbehind would only add about another hour of mowing time, based on the fact that a 36" deck is 60% of a 60" deck. My question is how much more should I bid for using my 36" walkbehind?

I can't believe that WB runs as fast as that Z can. deck width is only a small part of the change. don't forget the comfort or should I say the discomfort of not sitting anymore. my legs hurt just thinking about 10 hours standing on a sulky.
double or triple the bid.
JMO

jtkplc
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't believe that WB runs as fast as that Z can. deck width is only a small part of the change. don't forget the comfort or should I say the discomfort of not sitting anymore. my legs hurt just thinking about 10 hours standing on a sulky.
double or triple the bid.
JMO

well, by no means do i run a full 13 mph with my Z. I usually cut 4-8MPH, which my walkbehind will do. I have a proslide, so my legs don't get any abuse. The 2 hours I am on my walkbehind there now I hardly notice it.

stumper1620
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
well, by no means do i run a full 13 mph with my Z. I usually cut 4-8MPH, which my walkbehind will do. I have a proslide, so my legs don't get any abuse. The 2 hours I am on my walkbehind there now I hardly notice it.
ya but, 10 hours is a little different. I hate using my WB

ed2hess
09-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't know your market regarding competition but $60/hr on a set of condo units is a very good situation. If you go higher, and they are upset with the big mower, they may go for another bid. In our market we would do these units for a lot less than what you get and use the 36" hydro.

jtkplc
09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
ya but, 10 hours is a little different. I hate using my WB

10 hours? the absolute most i would be on it would be 3.5-4.