PDA

View Full Version : wild strawberry

crownls
09-22-2005, 11:46 AM
what do you recommend for ridding a customers lawn of wild strawberry. i have about 30k sq ft to cover. any info helpful

Garth
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Assuming that, you have the pesticide license,
business license
Ag Commissioner's blessing
Here ya go...http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74113.html

GreenUtah
09-23-2005, 02:33 PM
nice link Garth, but you know he's going to search that page and not find anything specifically speaking about wild strawberry, right? lol...crown, if you do have a license to spray(if you don't call someone that does, it's not worth the potential cost of ruining a lawn and replacing it with sod @ 24 cents per sq ft) most of the blended products containing 2,4-d mixed with a surfactant will clean it out as you work on thickening the lawn to keep it from being there in the first place. By the way, it wil take more than one time to get it all, we're growing plants, not selling magic wands, yes?

Pilgrims' Pride
09-23-2005, 05:19 PM
what do you recommend for ridding a customers lawn of wild strawberry. i have about 30k sq ft to cover. any info helpful

Have you actually seen berries?
There is a weed called cinquefoil that looks alot like strawberry.
Either way, If you arent licensed (and the Pest. bureau will find you eventually) sub it out. There are several products that will take care of things quite nicely.
Mecamine-D is good.

crownls
09-26-2005, 08:36 AM
thanks to all who responded, i am not licensed (yet) was just wondering what you all use. customer is really upset with the tangled mess all over his lawn. i agree and will look for someone to sub this out to.