PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on Subdivision Common Areas and Entrance

b727guru
09-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I have an opprtunity to place a bid on a new subdivision that went up last year. This year the builder is turning over the HOA to the homeowners...

When placing a bid for the common areas, there's flowers and pine straw in the beds as well as the lawn.
Do I place a bid on a monthly basis including the flowers and pine straw being changed twice a year? OR

Do I place a bid for the lawn cutting separate from the flower beds and pine straw?

My feeling is that one price would be more attractive since this will cover all the maintenance for the entrance. Problem is...

How do you estimate flower and pine straw costs? Do they fluctuate throughout the year?

Thanks in advance.

Equipguy
09-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Frequently the HOA will provide LCO with "specs" for the property. In our area some contracts include mulch and annual color and some don't. When we bid the jobs we always estimate the cost @ $1.40 ea for annuals, this includes delivery and planting. We currently bid our mulch (cypress or pine bark) by the yard. We are currently bidding $40 per yard delivered and installed for less than 100 yds. I would ask the developer or property manager how they want the bids so everyone is playing on the same field. If we really want the job or to get some business with the proerty manager we will sometime include "free" annuals or mulch. Sometime that pays off, somtimes it doesn't.

Good Luck :)

Waterscapes By Design
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Frequently the HOA will provide LCO with "specs" for the property. In our area some contracts include mulch and annual color and some don't. When we bid the jobs we always estimate the cost @ $1.40 ea for annuals, this includes delivery and planting. We currently bid our mulch (cypress or pine bark) by the yard. We are currently bidding $40 per yard delivered and installed for less than 100 yds. I would ask the developer or property manager how they want the bids so everyone is playing on the same field. If we really want the job or to get some business with the proerty manager we will sometime include "free" annuals or mulch. Sometime that pays off, somtimes it doesn't.

Good Luck :)

Hey I'm over in Tampa, and I am about to bid on a 300 unit 14 acre complex, in their specs they ask..."how much per 4" annuals installed"

Do you guys have a set price of 1.40 or do you even use 4"?
how bout a distributor for them? Should I just call any of my nurseries or are there some local Central Florida people who will ship those bad boys to me?

Plus are you making a profit at that price? how much do you usually pay/charge?

evergreenedmond
10-02-2006, 09:23 PM
You need to itemize all services. When I give a proposal I use a spreadsheet that shows all services provided and only fill in the services requested, I think it helps to upsell the account on extra services they might not be aware of. Regarding annual color I have always priced it per flat, our price this past year was $25 per flat plus fert & labor. PM me if you want the spreadsheet.