PDA

View Full Version : Slice seed-aeration-fert 29 acres

GrazerZ
09-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Ok guys here goes, I came home to a message that a customer wants a per acre price for the following services:
1. Core aeration
2. Slice seeding
3. Fertilization

The propertys total 29 acres. I'm ok on the fert pricing per acre, but would like to know what your bottom line would be -aprox- for fall application put down with a Z-spray. The core aeration and the slice seeding of this size is foreign to me. I do know that the propertys will be broken up into multiple locations, sports fields. I have not confirmed this with the customer yet, just wanted some more info before I follow up. Please help with your input. Thank you. :)

lawnservice
09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
sounds like the lowest bidder might get the job....if the decision maker(s) dont pass out after hearing the quotes.

might want to go on a per hour charge. of course you'll need to know how many sq ft you can aerate/ slice seed per hour.

If you do go after this might be a good idea to get a heffty down payment up front as well.

we get calls like this fairly often, especially after a summer like we just had, hazy, hot, humid, no rain.
I have learned not to go out of my way to place a bid....these things usually dont sell and when they do sell it is typically far below our regular market rates. Might be better off to pass on it and sell some smaller properties that can be done in far less time and are much more profitable.

anyway, just my experiences. Hope yours is different. Good luck

Pilgrims' Pride
09-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Grazer,

I think I agree with LS on this one.
Sounds like the lowest bidder gets the work.

I know you've got the Z so you should be able to figure time and materials.
You can also tow a pull behind aerator w/ the z.
BUT.................
Do you have anything better to do?