PDA

View Full Version : Got fired due to heavy bags

Jusmowin
09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Your fired because you made my bags to heavy! It was more like" how in F do you expect me to lift these F---in bags they are to heavy for me to drag to the curb.......YOUR FIRED! This isthe call I got at 6:58am today. So, I call my "well spoken " former client and try to see what excactly the problem was, he tells me that I made his lawn debries bags too heavy and that I was fired, and he has found someone cheaper to do his lawn. So I tell him I did not apprethe way he spoke to me and I will be sending him a bill and not to ever call me again........Good luck Jack ass is what I really wanted to tell him . If this guy would of just called and asked me to put the bags to the curbs as he could not lift them I would of taken them away for nothing , guess this just shows how petty some people can be .

Metro Lawn
09-22-2005, 07:32 PM
First problem I see is leaving debris at a customers home. This is unproffessional to say the least. Would think you made you own problems by not hauling it away.

topsites
09-22-2005, 07:37 PM
All of the stuff is BS except the bit about the guy found someone cheaper is what I think.

Now what you do is be a little bit more careful and see if you can get someone does NOT require you to bag grass and that is how you head for better waters.

dlandscaping
09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
But if he lives in a city or town with curbside collection, and he can keep costs down, making the customer happier, by leaving them there, why wouldnt he. There are threads about how people got fired over $2, leaving the debris there could be that $2.

Nosmo
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
If the city will pick up the bagged grass setting on the curb and the customer OK's leaving it there that is ideal.

But a lot of cities no longer will pick up bagged grass on the curb because of diminishing landfill areas. Here's how my city operates the trash and garbage business. The city still picks up trash and garbage once a week and also provides a large garbage/trash cart which on pickup day has to be rolled out to the curb. They won't pickup tires, hazardous materials or tree limbs. I'm not sure about bagged leaves or grass at this time -- they used to pick those up.

The city no longer owns the landfill. It is run by a privately owned business. The dumping fee is quite high if a person hauls unwanted items to the dump. And there is a separate fee if any tires are on the load. They do have a free dump day about 3 or 4 times a year for bona fide residents of the city. A resident must show proof with a recent water bill and driver's license.

Nosmo

AtlYardWorks
09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
You're better off without him if he's going to act like an ass towards you. I hate bagging and refuse to take any accounts that I can't mulch.

Sir mowsalot
09-22-2005, 08:51 PM
You shoulda told him you didnt realize he was such a candy ass.

twindiddy
09-22-2005, 10:02 PM
First problem I see is leaving debris at a customers home. This is unproffessional to say the least. Would think you made you own problems by not hauling it away.

Around here they already pay to have their lawn debris removed. Why pay your lawncare service extra to remove it?

fga
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM
9 out of 10 companies bag, as opposed to taking it away. we're not dealing with acres, maybe 33 gallon bag or 2. pretty common here. just not acceptable on commercial accounts, unless you have permission to use their dumpster.

i've had complaints about heavy bags in the past, but not too many. mostly older folks. if you leave them where the sanitation picks up, the customer shouldn't even have to touch them. if you got fired over a heavy bag... tell the guy put on a dress and never call you again.

lawn_jockey
09-24-2005, 06:37 PM

I think it is funny that you haul other peoples crap. I bet they know your name at the city dump. Or worse I bet you have 20 bags behind your house waiting on trash day. Your wife and neighbors must love that.