PDA

View Full Version : Striping Parking Lot How To Do It ?

noseha
09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I have been re-sealing drive ways for a short time. I'm thinking of striping some lots next year small lots . bars, small restaurant,party store and doctor office . I have a lawn care and like re-sealing drive ways.I'm not afraid to buy equipment ! what does it take?

TURF DOCTOR
09-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't laugh he have used a paint roller keep your lines straight rent 1 probally cheaper.

daveintoledo
09-23-2005, 02:14 PM
back when i worked at the motel, we had a machine that held the spray paint upside down with a trigger and it was all on wheels, just measure out the lines, use a chaulk like, and roll the machine along the chaulk line pulling the trigger to disperse the paint....

NNJLandman
09-23-2005, 04:06 PM
I work part time for a guy who does some seal coating and have done many seal coating jobs on the side myself. The best lines youll get are either from a professional machine or from a paint roller and a bucket of paint. The spray paint and the little spray paint machine the previous member stated do work but i dont think the lines come out as great and the dont look as neat. If your going to do small lot lines just measure the spaces before and after seal coating, maybe take pictures of how things were so you can remember stuff like that can help. Get some marking chalk, mark out where you want to put the lines then jus stripe away. Good luck.

Jeff

Mdirrigation
09-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Buy a professional machine , either an airless graco , or speed flow , or an air atomizing machine like a Kelly creswell . Airless run about 4500.00 and an air atomizing runs about 3 grand . Forget paint cans or the unit that looks like a bug sprayer . A good set of plactic stencils will run you about 600 dollars for starters. I run 5 machines , both types , we do about a thousand spaces a week .

DJ Contracting
09-26-2005, 09:42 AM
My partner and i bought this paint sprayer for $1400.00 delivered it seem to work good her are some pic's of the machine and some line stripes.

PROCUT1
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
How come the parking lot is so shiney?

DJ Contracting
09-26-2005, 12:47 PM
The material i use has a bit of a sheen to it, most of my customers that like the look i have'nt had anybody complain.

PROCUT1
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
what do you use?

DJ Contracting
09-26-2005, 06:36 PM
It's in the mix that i buy from my bulk retailer it is call Black Beauty

Mdirrigation
09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Black beauty is the abrasive material that goes into the mix its ground up coal slag , its used for traction . If you are serious about striping and sealing , demo a line lazer by graco , some sherwin williams dealers carry the machine , its the caddy of stripers.

That unit you purchaced is the bug sprayer I was refering to in my previous post ,its a trusco , I had a school want to give me one that they used 1 time . It took them a week to stripe a lot with 1000 spaces . They had to thin the paint it only lasted 2 months . I told the maintenance guys it would be good for spraying round up along the fence line.
We came in , sprayed all the spaces in 5 hours with 2 machines and didnt cut the paint , job still looks good 3 years later.

Go to www.parkinglotplanet.com get the real scoop on machines there . I still use air atomizing ( air compressor and paint pots ) they consider these machines antiques . But they still work . ( I have a 1973 model Wald that still works great) I also have 2 of the airless which are lighter and therefore faster .

DJ Contracting
09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I have used this paint sprayer for two seasons and never had to thin the paint. I put the amount of paint (strained) i need and pressurize the tank to 80 - 90 psi and go. never had a problem. Now when the need comes and i have to go to a commercial one the i'll look into one, till then i'll let this one make me more money.

DDT
12-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Complete instructions free on-line. No gimmicks or anything for sale either. http://www.parkinglotstriping.info