PDA

View Full Version : soliticing a potential new customer

meathead1134
09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
I was mowing this house today and I noticed that the house diagonally from were I was sold last week and the people moved in. I see the home owner out side, so I walk over and introduce myself and hand the guy my business card. We talked for a minunte and I shook his hand and walked away. I called the owner of the house I was cutting and told the him that I introduced myself to his neighbor. He says to me do you know who that was? I said no that is such and such from the New England Patriots. I ended up looking up his number and sure enough bingo that was the guy. I was dumb founded, no I will not say were I was or who the Patriots players name for his privacy.

lawnwizards
09-22-2005, 10:42 PM
no I will not say were I was or who the Patriots players name for his privacy.then whats the purpose of this thread? you don't hold a bone in front of a dog and expect him not to reach for it..... :waving:

imdawrlus
09-22-2005, 10:55 PM
whats wrong with just saying his name??

grassmanvt
09-22-2005, 11:14 PM
He says to me do you know who that was? I said no that is such and such from the New England Patriots. I ended up looking up his number and sure enough bingo that was the guy.

And that's when the quote doubled... payup

promower
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Suprise his number was listed

jbell113
09-23-2005, 02:55 AM
Suprise his number was listed

Yea especially since he just moved in...WOW the phone book is fast out there.

meathead1134
09-23-2005, 07:39 AM
And that's when the quote doubled... payup
I treat every customer the same no matter house much money they make

meathead1134
09-23-2005, 07:42 AM
then whats the purpose of this thread? you don't hold a bone in front of a dog and expect him not to reach for it..... :waving:

It's called privacy, ever hear of it? Last thing I want is somebody knocking at my door all of the time beacuse they know I have some coin. I'm letting the guy live his lifewnormally, I'm sure he already has people bugging him and I'm not going to be one of them

No Lawncares
09-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Whats the big deal about telling us his name, your not telling us where he lives.

lawnwizards
09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
It's called privacy, ever hear of it? Last thing I want is somebody knocking at my door all of the time beacuse they know I have some coin. I'm letting the guy live his lifewnormally, I'm sure he already has people bugging him and I'm not going to be one of them
theres a 99.99999999999999999% chance he'll never get on lawnsite, second its not like were all gonna run up to where he lives and knock his door down and tell him meathead told us where you lived.... like i said before, why start a thread if youre not gonna reveal the person. :dizzy:

RobH
09-23-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't see a problem with telling us who he is. There are guys that talk about doing work for celebrities or professional athletes on this site all the time. They don't give out phone numbers or addresses. It is just something to talk about.

olderthandirt
09-23-2005, 04:12 PM
theres a 99.99999999999999999% chance he'll never get on lawnsite, second its not like were all gonna run up to where he lives and knock his door down and tell him meathead told us where you lived.

I would....................................... :p

lawnwizards
09-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I would....................................... :plet me make a correction... 99% of us wouldn't run up their and knock his door down and say meathead told us where you lived.... the other 1% Mac, well i guess he would.... hell, who am i kidding... make that 98% because i'd be up their too.... :p

nriddle77
09-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Was it Tom Brady? Corey Dillon? C'mon, give us a hint, like offense or defense!

scagboy227
09-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Yea especially since he just moved in...WOW the phone book is fast out there.
they cant do the phone book that fast. I think this is a little tall tale boys. There is no way he could have bought the house 1 week ago and already had his number in the phone book

meathead1134
09-24-2005, 07:33 AM
they cant do the phone book that fast. I think this is a little tall tale boys. There is no way he could have bought the house 1 week ago and already had his number in the phone book

I would suggest reading the first initial post on this thread and it will give you the answer

a a green
09-24-2005, 10:08 AM
good thing I had on my boots. :sleeping:

lawnwizards
09-25-2005, 10:49 AM
I was mowing this house today and I noticed that the house diagonally from were I was sold last week and the people moved in. I see the home owner out side, so I walk over and introduce myself and hand the guy my business card. We talked for a minunte and I shook his hand and walked away. I called the owner of the house I was cutting and told the him that I introduced myself to his neighbor. He says to me do you know who that was? I said no that is such and such from the New England Patriots. I ended up looking up his number and sure enough bingo that was the guy. I was dumb founded, no I will not say were I was or who the Patriots players name for his privacy.
i think he meant the guys jersey number, not his phone number... :)

bmh1202
09-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Who cares anyway. He plays for the Patriots :p

Go STEELERS!!!

a a green
09-25-2005, 01:37 PM
yeah who cares he play for the patriots....lol ...Go Eagles ....lol
:angel:

mrusk
09-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Who cares if hes a pro foot ball player. All he does is play a game. Most pro sports players are not role models or anything that you would want your kids to look up too. Most are nothing more than a bunch of thugs. There are some exceptions though, but not all that many.

Matt