PDA

View Full Version : Hauling skidsteer with enclosed trailer

Eclipse
09-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Maybe this has been discussed before, if that is the case let me apologize before hand, but I am wondering if there is an enclosed trailer manufacturer that make a trailer with a ramp strong enough to drive a skidsteer (5500-6000 lbs) on without any possible damage to the ramp or trailer.

I see guys loading skidsteers on their enclosed trailers but their ramps are all beat up, tweaked, and dented from the weight of the skidsteer on the ramp. Most cannot support the weight but I imagine there is at least one company out there that makes one that can.

Thanks.

Green Pastures
09-22-2005, 10:59 PM
None that I know of.

Dirty Water
09-22-2005, 11:10 PM
What is wrong with hauling a skid steer on a flatbed or open trailer? If your machine is clean and good looking, its excellent advertisement.

Or you could be this guy:

http://www.asvi.com/images/main_images/rc30_w_truck.jpg

Eclipse
09-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I have an open trailer now as well as an enclosed trailer.

Pretty much my only use for the open trailer is hauling the skidsteer. I am also considering gettting a little longer enclosed trailer. If I could combine the two that would be great.

Either this idea or I am contemplating buying a dump trailer for hauling smaller loads and the skidsteer.

Shadetree Ltd
09-23-2005, 02:30 AM
It is my understanding that custom doors are available that can support extra weight from the manufacturer, I don't know about the full 6000 pounds though. The problem with skidsteers is the short wheelbase puts all the weight on the ramp at once, when loading a car the wieght is distributed by the two axles that are far enough apart to split the weight.

Scott

lawnmaniac883
09-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Im sure a gate could be fabricated, but you would never be able to lift it.

Eclipse
09-23-2005, 11:13 PM
It doesn't looks too promising that I will be able to get a skidsteer hauling enclosed trailer. I might have to make a few calls to the trailer dealers, but I know when I bought my current enclosed trailer the highest rated door I seen at the time was 4500 lbs. I was hoping there was something stronger available now.

Thanks for the info.

exmark72
09-23-2005, 11:21 PM
i show an enclosed trailer one day that had a set of ramps like the ones on a heavy equipment trailer bolted to the outside of the rear ramp. another possibility would be to get an enclosed trailer that has a rear door instead of ramp then get a set of heavy equipment trailer ramps and use them.

SouthernYankee
09-24-2005, 12:52 AM
that picture has to be fake....there is no way you could do that!!

Woody82986
09-24-2005, 01:29 AM
SouthernYankee, I think you are right. I would actually have to see that in person to believe it could be done.

topsites
09-27-2005, 01:32 AM
What is wrong with hauling a skid steer on a flatbed or open trailer? If your machine is clean and good looking, its excellent advertisement.

Or you could be this guy:

http://www.asvi.com/images/main_images/rc30_w_truck.jpg

Yeah I like the R-Series a lot myself (RC-30 weighs 3,000 lbs.) The only one that's even cooler is the ditchwitch Mx 9 or the dingo (but MAN they're expensive).

topsites
09-27-2005, 01:41 AM
that picture has to be fake....there is no way you could do that!!

It's an ASV R-series, a mini. The rubber tracks are retractable / expandable or maybe they're standard thou it's a highly compact unit with a Machine width of 46.5 in and it weighs JUST under 3,000 lbs.
The ditchwitch Mx9 is a mini-ex weighing 900 kilos or JUST under 2,000 lbs. and a machine width of 34 inches (yes, even cooler).

http://www.asvi.com/rc30_specifications.cfm
http://ditchwitch.com/dwcom/Product/ProductView/10556

Scag48
09-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Buy a dump trailer instead of going enclosed, having an enclosed trailer for a skid steer serves absolutely no purpose, the weather doesn't hurt them anyhow.

UNISCAPER
09-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Featherlite is the way to go if you run an enclosed trailer for you skid steer. Hang on to your wallet because your going to take a ride though. Where a comprable Wells Cargo trailer runs $8500.00, Featherlite will doink you about $15K. Great trrailers though.

ToroLandscaper
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
As far as putting a skidsteer in the enclosed you could use doors but if you did that then would it have an effect on the floor on the inside.....like would i crack or lay low or anything?

ToroLandscaper
09-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Anyone?????