PDA

View Full Version : Best overseeder for small tractor?

Bob Q
09-22-2005, 10:48 PM
I want to get into lawn renovation, I have a 30 hp tractor and am lookig for a 3pt hitch, slit seeder/renovator.

What do you guys recomend?

Is anyone using one of these?

http://www.woodsonline.com/turf_grounds/commercial/landscape_equipment/super_turf_renovator/super_turf_renovator.asp

I saw it in a post on this sight.

Thanks Bob

Bob Q
09-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey guys? Any coments at all?

Thanks Bob

BSDeality
09-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I saw a guy using a pto driven on behind a large compact tractor the other day, it appeared to be in the 48-60" range. He made some good time with in the larger sections of the lawn, he also had a guy with lesco renovator doing the small areas. I didn't catch a name on it unfortunately, it was not what you linked though.

Bob Q
09-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the reply! I have been unable to decide what to get, the woods looks good! But I have time.

Thanks Bob

mosmgras
09-25-2005, 03:37 AM
I use a 6' core aerator and a walk behind spreader. That woods machine looks great. I think that a core aerator would penetrate a little deeper but I'm not sure if it would be better or not. The overseeder rollers can be tilted causing it to really 'tear' the ground making a good seed bed. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get the woods. JMO.

lawn king
09-25-2005, 08:42 AM
That woods machine is the way to go. From what i have seen their equipment is built like battleships. I own a woods pl 60 aerator ( 3 pt.) it will last forever, built high, high quality! If you go for the reno. post her'e, i would like to know what that machine cost. Scott

timturf
09-26-2005, 01:45 PM
How about an aera-vator from first products, they also have a seed a vator

www.1stproducts.com

big_country
09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
What does one of the those woods seeders run? I looked into a pulverizer they ran about $1100 for a 5', is that resonable, and do they make for a good seed bed on a new lawn?

timturf
09-27-2005, 01:06 AM
when installing a lawn, I use the pulverizor to prep, apply fert and seed, use aera-vator to reduce compaction and make great seed to soil contact, and then apply cellusose and wood fiber muclh