PDA

View Full Version : Sheers for topiary?

Lawn-Scapes
09-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Does anyone do a lot of topiary work? What type of sheers do you use? What is considered to be the best? Thanks in advance.....

sheshovel
09-23-2005, 01:06 AM
I use hand shears by Fiskar

Runner
09-23-2005, 07:41 AM
And a good electric shear works well. They are a much tighter and precise cut than the gas. They are much lighter to use, too. When we were at Disney, we stayed late one night after the park closed down for a Luau. When we were laeving, we saw one of the crews touching up some shrubbery. that was done in topiary. They had a utility type truck that was set up with a generator and this thing had big lights ALL over it. They also had a long hose which must have been a vacuum. Pretty slick setup.

baddboygeorge
09-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Little Wonder Electrics They Are Quick An Cut So Fine They Are The Best. But Just Use Them For Special Trimming So Ya Keep The Blades Sharp An Precise

Lawnworks
09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I like using redmax gas shears for smaller leaf shrubbery... and stihl for woody shrubs.

Lawn-Scapes
09-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks all..

I was hoping to find something small & light weight in an electric unit. The Little Wonders are expensive and 19 inches seems to be the smallest... I'll check them out.

Later.