PDA

View Full Version : RedMax Blower recall?

AtlYardWorks
09-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I just called my dealer to see if they had a EBZ8000 blower in stock and the girl told me there was a manufacturer recall and they all had to be sent back and will not be back for a week or so. She wasn't sure why and the manager was out, so I was wondering if anybody knows what's up? Also, I need another blower ASAP, any thoughts on the Stihl BR 600? Thanks!

Mowingman
09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
If there is a recall, we have not heard about it yet out here in Texas.

AtlYardWorks
09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
My wife just got off the phone with the dealer and he said it had the do with the casing on the blowers.

rodfather
09-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Recall might be from a broken choke switch that stays closed...I had 2 go bad on mine right after I bought them.

vipermanz
09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
the only recall i have seen on redmax's dealer intranet involved the carb a couple months back

DLS1
09-23-2005, 07:04 PM
That is why I never buy a product that is a new design until after it has been out a year. Seems like it takes a year for a product to be used in the real world before they get all the problems worked out.

Texas Mower Parts
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Nothing here! ;)

dcplace2004
09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
to ask about the recall, they will email me back...so far, 20 plus emails and not one response...I emailed shindy yesterday and today and got a response both times within hours...

flam41
09-23-2005, 09:51 PM
wouldnt surprise me.
I went from sthil to rmax as I liked the dealed better. 7001 & 8000 blower handheld, pole saw long & short reach hedge trimmers, tiller, & edger. after a couple of months I began to have problems. carb troubls, throttle cables, power loss. dealer tries to keep up, BUT PARTS FROM REX MAX TAKE FOREVER TO GET IN!!! Switching back to sthil, I'll just drive to get equipment.

flam41
09-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I will say when they are working they are good, hopefully kinks will get worked out. The 8000 is a blowen sob.

LB1234
09-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Recall might be from a broken choke switch that stays closed...I had 2 go bad on mine right after I bought them.

This is what my dealer told me when I bought it :rolleyes:

Something to do with a spring. Replaced it as soon as I bought it.

Texas Mower Parts
09-25-2005, 07:58 PM
wouldnt surprise me.
I went from sthil to rmax as I liked the dealed better. 7001 & 8000 blower handheld, pole saw long & short reach hedge trimmers, tiller, & edger. after a couple of months I began to have problems. carb troubls, throttle cables, power loss. dealer tries to keep up, BUT PARTS FROM REX MAX TAKE FOREVER TO GET IN!!! Switching back to sthil, I'll just drive to get equipment.

The RedMax distrubutor for TX is located in Houston. Parts are delivered next day via UPS any where in Texas. Your dealer is not telling you the whole truth!

Mowingman
09-25-2005, 08:56 PM
The RedMax distrubutor for TX is located in Houston. Parts are delivered next day via UPS any where in Texas. Your dealer is not telling you the whole truth!

I agree, your dealer is pulling something on you. We get our Redmax parts from the same place your dealer, and Landscaper Supply does. We get everything next day. and they have close to a 100% fill rate on Redmax parts.

dcplace2004
09-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Just wondering...I suppose I will call the dealer tomorrow and get put on hold for 45 minutes...actually, that is how long I waited one day at the dealer and still did not get any help...I went into the redmax dealer 3 different times and not once did anyone ask me if I needed help...I picked up trimmers, blowers, etc to give hints--nothing...I always end up leaving where I go down to the Stihl dealer and buy from them...

AtlYardWorks
09-27-2005, 06:54 AM
I called another dealer in the area yesterday to see if they possibly had an 8000 blower and she also said that they were recalled, but said it was due to a problem with the frames on the blowers. So, for the record, one dealer said there was a problem with the casing and the other said it was a problem with the frame. Who knows, but something is wrong and I'm gonna pick up a Stihl today. Can't be one blower short this time of year.

John Gamba
09-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Just wondering...I suppose I will call the dealer tomorrow and get put on hold for 45 minutes...actually, that is how long I waited one day at the dealer and still did not get any help...I went into the redmax dealer 3 different times and not once did anyone ask me if I needed help...I picked up trimmers, blowers, etc to give hints--nothing...I always end up leaving where I go down to the Stihl dealer and buy from them...

How long will you wait if you have a problem????? Go sthil

vipermanz
09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
it appears as if you might have developed a reputation at the redmax dealer that could be keeping you from service.

biglawndog
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I had a 8000 I bought a week before Christmas and had severe power loss problems. It was in the shop many times until I got so fed up I told him to keep it. :realmad: Give me a new one or my money back. I ended up getting a 7001 brand new. I don't think they have all the kinks worked out of the 8000. Mine overheated alot. So far the 7001 is working great. :D

vipermanz
09-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I had a 8000 I bought a week before Christmas and had severe power loss problems. It was in the shop many times until I got so fed up I told him to keep it. :realmad: Give me a new one or my money back. I ended up getting a 7001 brand new. I don't think they have all the kinks worked out of the 8000. Mine overheated alot. So far the 7001 is working great. :D
glad to hear you are having better luck with the 7001, i am waiting to buy an 8000 myself but i wait until most everything has been out for a year to get all the bugs gone, i have a 7000 and it's "Just Awesome"

kmann
09-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Heard the same thing here in FL. Called to price the Redmax 8000 and was told that there were a ton of recalls on it. Bought the Stihl 550 and it's got some power. It was more than 100.00 cheaper than the 8000, and I don't see how it could have much less power. It can move wet St. Augustine really well.

ilovethisgame
09-27-2005, 07:28 PM
The only problem with mine is the throttle arm snapped off at the frame. I have no clue w.t.f. they were thinking bolting the only moving part on the frame to a paper thin piece of plastic. I have a frame on backorder you guys have me worried now. :help:

Mowingman
09-27-2005, 10:28 PM
We have sold a good number of the 8000 blowers, and not one problem has yet been reported to us. Also, have not heard of any recall. I would not let this info. posted here stop you from buying an 8000. All we have here is a bunch of rumor and second hand info. If you have a problem with any Redmax product, you are covered under warranty for 2 years.
If you are still concerned, call the Redmax main office in Georgia and ask customer service about any recalls. All I can say is, we have not had one problem reported in the 10 or 12,Redmax 8000 blowers we have sold this year.

AtlYardWorks
09-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Wow, no problems with 12 blowers? What a large sampling of the product you're talking about. :rolleyes: Gimme a fvcking break, who would waste time spreading rumors about a stupid blower anyway? I was asking a simple question.

Anyway, I got the BR 600 and am happy with it. Pretty decent power and lighter than the echos that we have.

dcplace2004
09-27-2005, 11:07 PM
on the 8000...no, seriously, setting the possibility of a recall to the side, I am firm with saying that FOR THE MONEY that one has to spend on the redmax 8000 it should have: a grounding wire for anti-static shock prevention (by the way, a tech at redmax says there is no reason to have one--I am here to tell you that in dust in low humidity you NEED one), should have a covering over the delicate components such as the one Stihl has (choke lever, FUEL lines!!!!!)...I do like the power, as I demoed it but that is all I like about it...well, I do like the air conditioned back...Here is some info:
----------------------------------------------------------------
The BR600 has 712 cfm at the tube and the Redmax 8000 has 688 cfm at the tube (Tube designs are different--Stihl is more directed), has a rounded contoured body (not at all choppy and protected against snags), has all important components such as fuel lines and throttle lever protected, has a conductor wire to prevent static shock, has springs and rubber bumpers for anti-vibration, is VERY good on fuel, tubing moves easier, is very quiet, has a 4-cycle engine with huge power, runs cool with no catalytic converter, is balanced, is LESS expensive, is lighter at exactly light at 24 pounds completely full to the top with fuel...keep in mind that all the things I listed minus the catalytic converter, the Redmax 8000 does NOT have! The BR600 is comfortable for everyday use AND being able to move wet clumped leaves, 6 inch rocks, 4 foot long 2x4s and asphalt from driveways and sidewalks, they even put a velcro strap to hold the piping to the frame top...I am sure I forgot a few more things... I paid 505 with tax for mine...keep this logic in mind--even if the redmax 8000 was a little more powerful than the Stihl BR600 (could not be by much), why would you sacrifice all the things listed above? Redmax will take any dealer that will come out of the woodwork…For the money, redmax did NOT take the time to think of the small details in workmanship on the machine…For a hundred dollars less expensive, you can have all the details you want…

Mowingman
09-27-2005, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=AtlYardWorks]Wow, no problems with 12 blowers? What a large sampling of the product you're talking about. :rolleyes: Gimme a fvcking break, who would waste time spreading rumors about a stupid blower anyway? I was asking a simple question.

I beg to differ. If there are widespread problems with the Redmax 8000, as some here seem to believe, then we would surely have seen something come up in at least 1 or 2 of ther blowers we have sold.
As far as I am concerned, spending money on any those monster blowers is a complete waste of that money for most people. How much power do you really need MOST of the time? This is just like people thinking they need 30 or more HP on a 60" ZTR. Give me a break. We ran those machines with 22, 23, and 25hp engines for years, with good results. Now that gas is so high, do we really need gigantic, gas-guzzling blowers, and gas sucking ZTR's when 9 days out of 10, a smaller machine will fill the bill just fine.
The manufacturers have generally brainwashed the public into thinking more HP is just what we need, so they can sell bigger, more expensive machines.
Just my 2 cents.

DLS1
09-28-2005, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=AtlYardWorks]
As far as I am concerned, spending money on any those monster blowers is a complete waste of that money for most people. How much power do you really need MOST of the time?

The monster 7001 is not a monster. Everyone hyped it up on this site that it can blow a brick around so i thought it could at least blow off wet grass from concrete sidewalk, driveway. No way. It is good for leaves in fall but it isn't much better than my little handheld blower for blowing grass off concrete.

dcplace2004
09-28-2005, 02:47 AM
It is the best "all around" blower out there...lightweight to easy to take on and off...I still like my BR85c handheld for touchups and the light stuff...both very good blowers...tonight, I will cuddle up with my BR600 and make sure it has a blanky...what a great bj it provides...

AtlYardWorks
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Mowing Man, I had 2 dealers that lost out on a potential $550 sale, so I believe them when they say there's an issue with the RedMax. And I disagree, 12 blowers is not a large sample when you think about the thousands that are produced.

DLS1
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=AtlYardWorks]

I beg to differ. If there are widespread problems with the Redmax 8000, as some here seem to believe, then we would surely have seen something come up in at least 1 or 2 of ther blowers we have sold.

Your thinking micro instead of macro. Your small sampling could be okay based on operator use or lack or use yet. It takes a lot of complaints before a manufacturer will do a recall and then it sometimes takes the federal government to make a company do a recall.

Not sure why you are dismissing guys problems on this site for the 8000 other than your thinking like a dealer that thinks there is nothing wrong with the products they sell until there is a recall.

DLS1
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=Mowingman]

Your thinking micro instead of macro. Your small sampling could be okay based on operator use or lack or use yet. It takes a lot of complaints before a manufacturer will do a recall and then it sometimes takes the federal government make a company do a recall.

Not sure why you are dismissing guys problems on this site for the 8000 other than your thinking like a dealer that thinks there is nothing wrong with the products they sell until there is a recall.

Oops double posting.

Mowingman
09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I am not dismissing the possibility there is a problem. I just don't want one or two problem machines to turn into mass hysteria, and cause a stampede away from a very good machine.
People read stuff on the internet, pass it on to others, and before you know it, some little thing is turned into a big deal.
If, and I say IF, there is a problem with the 8000, Redmax will fix it under warranty. Until I hear different from Redmax, I will assume there is no widespread problem, the recall info. posted here is rumor, and the problems reported here are isolated problems, not widespread.
If Redmax informs us of a recall, I will post it here on this forum for all to read.

jameson
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I spoke to my Redmax dealer yesterday re a recall on the 8000's (I have couple of the machines) he was not aware of any recall or 'widespread' problem w/said blowers.

James

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 06:02 PM
I am not dismissing the possibility there is a problem. I just don't want one or two problem machines to turn into mass hysteria, and cause a stampede away from a very good machine.
People read stuff on the internet, pass it on to others, and before you know it, some little thing is turned into a big deal.
If, and I say IF, there is a problem with the 8000, Redmax will fix it under warranty. Until I hear different from Redmax, I will assume there is no widespread problem, the recall info. posted here is rumor, and the problems reported here are isolated problems, not widespread.
If Redmax informs us of a recall, I will post it here on this forum for all to read.

Sounds to me you dealers LOVE LAWNSITE as long as its good news payup Bad news its just rumors :realmad:

Learn to take the good with the bad, This is are forum NOT YOURS :D

Mowingman
09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Just waiting on FACTS. I will be glad to report the bad, as well as the good.

AtlYardWorks
09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Mowing man, don't take my word for it, call my dealer:

J & C ENTERPRIZE
921 JAMERSON
MARIETTA, GA 30066
Phone: (678)445-4885

I believe their hours are 8-6

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Just waiting on FACTS. I will be glad to report the bad, as well as the good.

You should be PAYING for your time here :realmad: I'll look into this :D

Mowingman
09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Mowing man, don't take my word for it, call my dealer:

J & C ENTERPRIZE
921 JAMERSON
MARIETTA, GA 30066
Phone: (678)445-4885

I believe their hours are 8-6

I think I might do that. We have had trouble getting ahold of our distributor, as they are located in Houston and have been shut down for a few days.

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 07:41 PM
I think I might do that. We have had trouble getting ahold of our distributor, as they are located in Houston and have been shut down for a few days.

Sounds like you got alot of them 8000 with a recall on the way :help:

Long live lawnsite .com :D :D Are forum :waving:

Mowingman
09-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I have just talked to the service/warranty manager at our Redmax distributor. There is NO RECALL., THats right, NO RECALL of Redmax 8000 blowers.
THere has been a problem with the choke mechanism on some of them, so there is a SERVICE NOTICE out for that. Take your blower back to the dealer and they will do the upgrade on the choke mechanism under warranty.
Let me make this clear: NO RECALL NO RECALL NO RECALL
Any and all reports of major problems with this blower that required a recall are FALSE< FALSE<FALSE.
Any questions? :) :) :)

dcplace2004
09-29-2005, 11:42 AM
regardless of the facts redmax's design teams, if they have them, should COVER all the components such as choke lever (should be a dial) and fuel lines...they should also put a conductor wire in the pipe...for the large amount of money redmax is sucking from people on the machine, it should have NOOOOOOOOO flaws...that cheesy choke arm is ridiculous...so is the fact of the fuel lines being exposed...would you buy a vehicle with the fuel lines exposed on the bottom to snag on debris?....no, no, no you would not!!! I assure you that redmax could care less about these things...to them, the blower is perfect...it does have good power, but that is all...if you like buying machines that are half AZZ, then go ahead...

John Gamba
09-29-2005, 12:16 PM
regardless of the facts redmax's design teams, if they have them, should COVER all the components such as choke lever (should be a dial) and fuel lines...they should also put a conductor wire in the pipe...for the large amount of money redmax is sucking from people on the machine, it should have NOOOOOOOOO flaws...that cheesy choke arm is ridiculous...so is the fact of the fuel lines being exposed...would you buy a vehicle with the fuel lines exposed on the bottom to snag on debris?....no, no, no you would not!!! I assure you that redmax could care less about these things...to them, the blower is perfect...it does have good power, but that is all...if you like buying machines that are half AZZ, then go ahead...

I think i'm going to wait on getting the 8000. I do like the sthil br600 i just got, and it did cost less.

John

Mowingman
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
John,
I feel it is always wise to wait until a machine has been on the market at least one year before buying. I don't care if it is Redmax, Exmark, or Stihl. No matter how well a company thinks their new product is engineered, they almost always overlook something and have to make modifications once the general public puts them to use.

AtlYardWorks
09-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Glad this issue is finally cleared up. Let me ask you this, why the hell would my dealer say they sent all of their blowers back to the factory? Is Redmax fixing the chokes or the dealers themselves?

I am starting not to like this dealer because they quoted me a price of $60 for a recoil assembly for a 9hp B&S that had to be ordered. I called another dealer and got a price for the same part # that was $30 cheaper and they have it in stock. They just don't seem to have their sh!t together.

dcplace2004
09-29-2005, 12:57 PM
but in my case, I did not have ANY bp blower, so I had to buy one at the time...It just happened to be a Stihl BR600...is it the best on the market?...I think so cause it has a little of everything, not just power...My goodness it is raining today...finally...