PDA

View Full Version : Securing WB Blowers on Trailer

proenterprises
09-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I purchased an Little Wonder today, and wondered how everyone secured their walkbehind blowers on their trailer to keep them from rolling about?

nobagger
09-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I purchased an Little Wonder today, and wondered how everyone secured their walkbehind blowers on their trailer to keep them from rolling about?
Pro. I just use 3 thumb release tie-downs, the more canvas kind not the shiny smoother kind.

proenterprises
09-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone else have any input?

dlandscaping
09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Put it against the side, assuming an open trailer. and bungee it. They always, always seem to find a way to flip no matter how you stuff them in.

nitrotim
09-24-2005, 10:59 PM

Strap it against the trailer gate. Works for me

ed2hess
09-24-2005, 11:04 PM
We have a 13HP Billy goat and we put 2x4 on each side of the wheels screwed to the trailer boards. This keeps it from going front to rear. We take some of this kevlar ribbon rope(used to tie new trees to stakes) and use it to tie one side of the handle to the trailer side rail.

nobagger
09-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Anyone else have any input?
Its not rocket science.... ;) ;)

topsites
09-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Put it against the side, assuming an open trailer. and bungee it. They always, always seem to find a way to flip no matter how you stuff them in.

Yeah, I use a tie-down strap but they ALWAYS flip so make sure there is little to no fuel in the tank.
There is this thing they sell and I'll give you the link but I haven't bought it because I'm not sure I want THIS sticking out of my trailer's floorboard, anyway:
http://www.billygoat.com/data/Products/23/Videos/38/qb_trailer_hitch.swf
(yes it's made by billygoat so it MAY only work with bg prods, dunno...)

My only OTHER problem is WTF to do with the goat when I'm hauling the leaves, it's too heavy to even TRY to lift into the back of the truck... I usually stick it in the front of the trailer then when I get home I leave it home for the next load but it bugs me that it takes up load-space as the customer is paying per cu.foot, so to speak.
p.s.: Not to start any jokes but imagine the LOOK on a customer's face when I talk about using the 'goat' to clean up their leaves LOL!

proenterprises
09-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Its not rocket science.... ;) ;)

True, but it always helps to have input from others.

The main reason I asked is that my trailer is small, and do not feel comfortable using the gate as a means of suppors. I may place a few 2x4's and see how it goes.

Any other methods appreciated...Thanks to all.

surfisher211
09-25-2005, 06:49 PM
http://www.junglejimsap.com/jungleboot.html

iluvscag
09-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Lockers might have something that small. :)

proenterprises
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks all for the the replies. Today I built an "L" shaped bracket in the trailer floor with 2x4's, where both wheels fit it, and will bungee it to keep it from moving otherwise.

nobagger
09-28-2005, 10:48 PM
True, but it always helps to have input from others.

The main reason I asked is that my trailer is small, and do not feel comfortable using the gate as a means of suppors. I may place a few 2x4's and see how it goes.

Any other methods appreciated...Thanks to all.
So you have a small trailer and your gonna use up more of the much needed room with 2x4's for something that you can just strap in? Whatever dude. :waving:

Viseras lawn service
09-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Just drive your mower up to it, put parking break on and thats it :sleeping:

LawnMowerBoy48
09-29-2005, 07:48 PM
If you have an open trailer push the front wheel under the top rail and run a tie down strap around it. The intake gets a little scratched up but it's gonna get like that anyways.

The Captain
11-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Just ran across your post while looking for something else. I just put the front wheel under and against the top trailer rail, use a black rubber tarp tie down or bungee running behind the fan shroud and hook the ends to the trailer raail. It's not going anywhere as long as the strap is down low, on the fan shaft.

Jim