PDA

View Full Version : Got my backpack stolen.... so i need some advice on a new backpack PLEASE!!!

tejas241
09-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Got my backpack stolen.... so i need some advice on a new backpack. My old one was a Poulan from my homeowner days. It didnt have any power to spare, but i can say it fired up religeously... which i think is more than most of this decades Poulan owners can say. Anyway I am in the $300-$400 range and want to stay away from large scale productions, ie echo, husky, etc. It just seems like as soon as they go into depot or lowes quality and longevity goes south.
Any help would be greatly apreciated!

scagboy227
09-24-2005, 12:06 AM
stihl br 400 is the only way to go i can assure you it will be a keeper!

Gatewayuser
09-24-2005, 12:16 AM
The Husqvarna 145BT is my favorite starts on the 1st or 2nd pull and has a good deal of power. Also it fell off my trailer when I was going about 50mph and nothing broke now that has to tell you its tough!

Sharp Services
09-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I love my Redmax ... You can't go wrong with a MAX!!

procut
09-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I have a Stihl that I'm very happy with. May not have as much power as a RedMax, but gets the job done.

tejas241
09-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks. What Redmax?

Kelly's Landscaping
09-24-2005, 01:24 AM
stihl br 400 is the only way to go i can assure you it will be a keeper!

I love them too but do they even make the 400 any more I do not think they do and the 420 is also going bye bye the 600 looks awsome.

lawnman_scott
09-24-2005, 01:35 AM
stihl or redmax. Go with whichever dealer seeems to be better.

lawnmaniac883
09-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I gots a Redmax 8000, love it! After first start of the day, it will always fire on the first pull, first start takes 2 or 3. I would reccommend any redmax to anyone.

Bulletproof
09-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I agree the redmax's and stihl's are far the superior machines.

But we have echo's in our collection as well and they're still kicking it just as hard. They're just not as powerful. Not nearly.

Go for the Stihl BR 600 or 550 and/or the redmax 8000

Bulletproof
09-24-2005, 10:04 PM
You never told us how you had your backpack stolen...

We use Jungle Jim's trimmer racks and lock them all the time. We have the jungle jim's backpack blower racks but we've never welded them on. You may want to look into it.

We just use a simple bikelock like any kid would have. For the $10-15 you spend you can keep your stuff safer.

tejas241
09-26-2005, 01:03 AM
I welded racks, and I have locks, even a bike lock for the backpack... a little laziness is gonna cost me a lot of $$$$ :cry:

burns60
09-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Got my backpack stolen.... so i need some advice on a new backpack. My old one was a Poulan from my homeowner days. It didnt have any power to spare, but i can say it fired up religeously... which i think is more than most of this decades Poulan owners can say. Anyway I am in the $300-$400 range and want to stay away from large scale productions, ie echo, husky, etc. It just seems like as soon as they go into depot or lowes quality and longevity goes south.
Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Don't you hate a thief? Well, I got the 420 Sthil and about 2 weeks later the Sthil 4mix came out. I wish I had gone back to see if the dealer would have taken a trade in, but was too busy and now probably too many hours on it. My advice, go for the most powerful Sthil.

topsites
09-26-2005, 03:00 AM
MY dealer keeps serial numbers for life.
When something gets stolen (not if, when), I go to my dealer and have him enter said serial number in the national registry of stolen equipment database. Whoever has that stolen piece of equipment and brings it in for a repair anytime in the future to any reputable shop, it will come up on their computer as stolen, the equipment is confiscated and I get a phonecall.
Just a thought, and another reason to buy dealer-only items AND check and make sure they KEEP serials on file (not all do). It won't work everytime, but when it does work, I got something in store for the 'owner.' Yes, I know it is possible the new owner is not the thief, but you see it is against the law to buy or receive stolen merchandise even if you do not know it is stolen (also a good reason to be careful buying stuff from ebay, take the serial number to a dealer and have them check it before you buy it).
Peace out