PDA

View Full Version : What am i missing? 16' or 18'

Shawns Lawns
09-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Is there any reason that one would not want to go over a 16ft landscape trailer to maybe an 18ft? For the price difference i think i want the 18', but i am not use to pulling that length of trailer, so right know i don't know, what i don't know about them. Is there anything i should consider before making a purchase?? :waving:

Brianslawn
09-24-2005, 02:04 AM
my favorite is my 20'. also got 10, 12, and 16. can haul kubota w/back hoe or else huge pile of grass or leaves plus couple walkers, or if i wanted to 5 walkers total. only trailer w/brakes i got, plus easiest to back up. takes 3/4 ton to pull. smaller trucks will and have but not recomended for everyday use. go big.

Green Pastures
09-24-2005, 08:46 AM
I have an 8 x 20 enclosed.

The longer they are the easier they are to back up.

I've never once looked at it and thought I bought to big a trailer and I've often wished for 1-2 more feet.

Go big and get the floor, ramp and 2' up on the walls sprayed with Line-X. That remains the best money I've spent in my business.

Shawns Lawns
09-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I have an 8 x 20 enclosed.

The longer they are the easier they are to back up.

I've never once looked at it and thought I bought to big a trailer and I've often wished for 1-2 more feet.

Go big and get the floor, ramp and 2' up on the walls sprayed with Line-X. That remains the best money I've spent in my business.

I am currently using a 7 X 14 which was an upgrade from a 6 X 12. And i really like it but i think your right 1-2 feet extra is nothing to complain about.
I like the open landscape trailer probably because i cannot afford a 8 X 20 enclosed. Do you know of a brand that you would recommend? Also when looking is there anything i should look for specifically? :waving: