PDA

View Full Version : Aeration pricing

dnacker
09-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I just started doing aeration this year. I asked about pricing and was told that the going rate for my area was approx. 12 to 15 dollars per 1000 sq ft.
There are some customers that I do quotes for that have larger lawns, for example one person had 17,000 sq ft of lawn, for which I quoted $150. The person told me that some company did it before for a price of $82 and that my quote was way too high. I asked if she was satisfied with the job that the company did and she replied, "all I know is that when they're done I have all the cores laying all over the yard". I'm not sure how some companies do their pricing. I had some estimates for my yard (approx 7,000 sq ft) and got a wide array of quotes, anywhere from $70 to well over $200. How do I justify my rate, which is lower than the competition, but not as low as the really low ball companies.

Thanks for the help

Dave

GarPA
09-26-2005, 05:36 AM
Your rate of 12 to 15 per 1000k is well within a reasonable charge.
You dont need to "justify" your charge to that lady. She sounds like a pita anyway. I dont dicker on aeration fees. If they want a lower price they can go look for it. Aeration is hard on the operator and the machine and we need to be compensated accordingly

Mower For Less
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I usually ask them why they didnt call the other company back for this year. Usually they will give themselves away when confronted directly like this. Such as: He wont call me back, his # is no longer in service, he's not in business anymore, etc... etc...

I had one lady call me for snow plowing already this year, I gave her a price of $35 per push (2-5"). She says Whoa, the other guy last year did it for $15. She thought she could honestly find a cheaper price. Sometimes you just cant win.

Kevin