PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Renovator 20 (Slitseeder) Maintenance and Problems

ITL
09-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Any special maintenance I should do with the Lesco Renovator 20. I suspect that proper belt tensioning, lubercation, and filter maintenance are key. The manual does not specify a change interval for the hydro oil and dealer did not know schedule. I am thinking once a year drain the tank which will not change the oil in the pump and lines will be sufficient as the hydro system should be pretty much sealed. The engine oil for the Kawasaki 8 HP horizontal I think should be 25 hours as some conditions produce a fair amount of dust.

Any one have problems or reoccurring breakdowns with these machines? With our unit after estimated 15 hours the center brush/flap in front of the blades came off and lets say the rotating blade destroyed the flap. I will ask the Lesco Mechanic if he will drill the rod on the sides and use a cotter pin or clip over the push on ID interference washer type cap.

Thanks

Wayne

BSDeality
09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
when i picked up my renovator it was missing one of those clip/clamps. so i drilled it and stuck a cotter pin in, i plan on doing that for all of the other flaps at some point.

CHeck the air filter daily, just tap it out, you'd be amazed at the dust that comes out. I changed the oil after 2 days use (about 8-10hrs on teh machine). hydro oil should be good for 75 or 100 hours at least.

I'm going to look at the belts this week sometime, i suspect I might need to replace my drive belt already since its making a nice squeel. Lesco told me to pick up an extra double-v belt for the slicer, however I think my drive belt is shot

dmc456
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Just tighten the belt.

allgreenlawncare
10-23-2005, 03:16 AM
We are almost thru our third set of blades(Missori more rocks than soil) this season and the second belt has started to fray.. If you havent ordered both a belt and blades get on it...;) Lesco doesn't seem real responsive...

Runner
10-23-2005, 12:00 PM
It was about 80 bucks for a new set of blades when I ordered them, I believe.

JB1
10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Allgree' wasthrough that area this summer, very nice area.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Wait Till U Hit A Rock Big Enough To Spin The Disk On The Shaft
What Fun It Was To Fix

allgreenlawncare
10-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes great area if you like water activities..

Or if you like Fungus and Algae ha ha..

Dock irrigation pumps pumping unlimited free 90+ degree algae laden water all summer..

Fun Fun Fun..

ITL
10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
First season completed with only belt adjustments and replacing center flap clip with drilled hole in shaft and washer/cotter pin in place of easy to install but not very secure clip. Blades look like they could be reversed to other side. Sure get to see (or hear as they hit underside of deck) how many rocks were not raked out before lawn install on most of the newer subdivisions re reseeded 2 to 5 year old sod installs that did not recover from dry summer. Dustycedar hoping we do not see that big of a rock with the blades. Couple of yards we did have to pull out some large surface rocks. Found it best to scan the next pass while walking to avoid the large surface rocks. Time to change oil, hydraulic oil, and run fuel out to put away for next season.

Wayne

EVM
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh man, I am just pissed off right now. I bought a Renovator 20 the other day. I have gone through 2 belts already and I have not weven seeded 3K feet. I saw a bunch of used Ren 20s on Ebay with their belt guard off and now I know why. When you shut the blade off you can't let the lever go, you have to slowly release it or the belt will pop half way off one of the idler pulleys. If you have the belt guard on you won't see this and about 5 minutes later your belt will be shredded. Today I started using the machine again and this time the teeth on the belt got shredded and I have now idea why that happend. Can someone help me out?

Any special maintenance I should do with the Lesco Renovator 20. I suspect that proper belt tensioning, lubercation, and filter maintenance are key. The manual does not specify a change interval for the hydro oil and dealer did not know schedule. I am thinking once a year drain the tank which will not change the oil in the pump and lines will be sufficient as the hydro system should be pretty much sealed. The engine oil for the Kawasaki 8 HP horizontal I think should be 25 hours as some conditions produce a fair amount of dust.

Any one have problems or reoccurring breakdowns with these machines? With our unit after estimated 15 hours the center brush/flap in front of the blades came off and lets say the rotating blade destroyed the flap. I will ask the Lesco Mechanic if he will drill the rod on the sides and use a cotter pin or clip over the push on ID interference washer type cap.

Thanks

Wayne

ponyboy
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
i live in rockland county named because of so many rocks, after every 10 houses i reverse the blades but beside oil and air filters i have had no problems with them yet, may bee i should be quiet i have three more to go then done for this year. I keep an extra clutch cable spring and belt in the truck just in case, one of them breaks while in use and the cover isnt a pain to take off i just cahnged the nut and bolt and the direction switched the direction so the bottom bolt is on the outside now. You might be trying to go to deep, and also when you engage the clutch make sure the machine is tilted back and let it down slowly idel it up and down before engageing the clutch

KCfireman
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
We are almost thru our third set of blades(Missori more rocks than soil) this season and the second belt has started to fray.. If you havent ordered both a belt and blades get on it...;) Lesco doesn't seem real responsive...i fish by that complex a lot. Good crappie fish by the shore. What mile marker is that considered?

EVM
09-23-2008, 09:31 PM
i live in rockland county named because of so many rocks, after every 10 houses i reverse the blades but beside oil and air filters i have had no problems with them yet, may bee i should be quiet i have three more to go then done for this year. I keep an extra clutch cable spring and belt in the truck just in case, one of them breaks while in use and the cover isnt a pain to take off i just cahnged the nut and bolt and the direction switched the direction so the bottom bolt is on the outside now. You might be trying to go to deep, and also when you engage the clutch make sure the machine is tilted back and let it down slowly idel it up and down before engageing the clutch

Yeah, I read the manual about lifting the unit before engaging the blades. I don't think that is the problem. If you release your blade clutch fast does your belt pop the idle pulley track?

When the belt teeth got shredded today the machine was not even moving forward, I was checking for depth behind the unit, with the blade engaged. The fact that the belt keeps hopping the pulleys after disengaging is puzzling.

So how many belts do you go through a year?

If the blade depth is too deep that machine starts to shut off anyways. What is the max depth for this unit ay medium speed? Sometimes the teeth do not cut the soil in one area and cut the soil in another area. When I lower the blade to get contact I have engine slow down problems where the blades were getting contact.

meadow2
09-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Ours will never start if not run for a few weeks have to replace the plug and starts right up cant figure it out or the dealer good gas clean oil and filters no clue any help would be helpful

meadow2
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Ours will never start if not run for a few weeks have to replace the plug and starts right up cant figure it out or the dealer good gas clean oil and filters no clue any help would be helpful