PDA

View Full Version : Seeder Question!!

baddboygeorge
09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Whats The Best Slicer Seeder On The Market . I Am Looking For Quality, Performance An One That Will Climb Hills . I Am Using A Salsco An It Does A Great Job Its Just Hard To Maneuver. Thanks George

turfsurfer
09-26-2005, 10:11 PM
I own a Bluebird and get good results for the money, but is an absolute pain to push on even slight grades sometimes. Also gets hung up on grass clumps in sparse turf. Had a large yard to do and another one with steep grade and rented the Lesco for the day and it did great. Hydro drive and pneumatic tires went over all terrain real smooth, but alot more money.

lwcmattlifter
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
I am very happy with my Lesco 20 renovator. Mine is an older model with hydro drive and manual hopper. The hydro drive will go anywhere you point it. The new ones have a hydro hopper also. I believe it gives you better control of seed dispersal. You won't be disappointed with one of these machines.

Bob Q
09-26-2005, 11:24 PM
If you guys don't mind me asking, what are you guys charging for slit seeding? I am trying to find out what to charge in CT.

Thanks Bob

TOMMY1115
09-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Not sure about our area, but here in Misery, I mean Missouri, we're getting about 40-45 per 1000 for reno and seed. Aerating & seed is about 25.

turfsurfer
09-27-2005, 11:00 PM
We've had such a bad year with lawns being totally wiped out by insects. Slit seeding for total reno's is going for about $65 to as much as $100 per 1000 sq ft. including spraying leftover weeds with nonselective, seed, and starter fert. Just so this thread doesn't get too sidetracked, I must say I will probably purchase the Lesco unit in the Spring if the predicted seed jobs come through.

Bob Q
09-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I seem to have side tracted the thread, Sorry.

I am planning on getting this for the spring if all goes well.

http://www.woodsonline.com/turf_grounds/commercial/landscape_equipment/super_turf_renovator/super_turf_renovator.asp

Thanks

and sorry for the high-jack!

Bob