PDA

View Full Version : I want a greenhouse

John Deere
03-17-2001, 09:00 PM
Never thought it would be so hard to find a greenhouse. I checked with A.M Leaonard and they have some, but are pretty pricey. Does anyone have any info on where I can order one? Thanks!

thelawnguy
03-17-2001, 10:52 PM
Good luck. Sometimes I see used ones advertised, just dismantle and remove and its yours.

My brother had to travel to Belgium two years ago to order a greenhouse direct from the manufacturer.

kountryscape
03-18-2001, 12:32 PM
Ok try some of these:

stuppy in kansas city nice houses i have one and love it.
mid american growers chicago ill.
get back to me and i can find almost any thing you want , i get so many trade mags. in the mail its not funny.

key thing to remember big isn't all that go with a 14' x 96'
with a 8 to 10' center height

look into radiant floor heat its what im going to next year lp prices are why to high .

let me know if you have any other ?

jarrett morgan
countryscape
the outdoor contractor

SLSNursery
03-18-2001, 12:54 PM
It would help if you described the style and intended use. The pipe type ones are pretty common, and we have them made custom quite regularly. They also ship easily.

John Deere
03-18-2001, 01:13 PM
Hey Kounrtyscape, thanks! That's just what I was looking for. Actually I called stuppy's earlier this year for a catalog and they never sent me one. What can I expect ot pay for one that's 14 X 36' or 48'. I don't need one that's 96', I don't have the room for it. I definently want one that's 8-10'ft. high. Also, how about a house out of PVC pipe. Ever hear anything about something like that?

paul
03-18-2001, 01:39 PM
Try this link http://www.igcusa.com/

John Deere
03-18-2001, 01:58 PM
I checked that out last night and just to get a quote is will cost me $10.00. I can't say I believe in having to pay to just get the price on something. I have checked out a couple of other sites as well. So far I think Stuppy's is basically what I've been looking for. Tell me if I'm wrong about having to pay for a quote from that link you gave me. Thanks again.

Dennis
03-18-2001, 03:52 PM
JD
Check out Rimol Greenhouse Systems, Inc
The lowest price for 22x48 is $1280.00, this is last years book.
Good luck
Dennis

jkinchla
03-19-2001, 10:57 AM
Definitely don't pay for a quote. Go to http://www.gmpro.com they will have many advertising links to greenhouse manufacturers.

jkinchla
03-19-2001, 10:58 AM
Whoops, that site is actually http://www.greenbeam.com Itis the web site for GMPRO magazine (greenhouse industry trade mag.). Sorry about that.

kountryscape
03-21-2001, 09:37 AM
hey john deere,

I paid 1800.00 for my frame from stuppys. Its a 30 x 96 with a 14' center height. way to big its like heating the great outdoors. that why i said to keep it small you can always add more houses. what are you going to use it for, annuals, perinnials, or just a cold frame for nursery stock. If you get into seeding annuals etc. i have a vacuum seeder from a place in wisconsin that i really like , it makes life easy.

hope this helps

jarrett morgan